13 replies to this topic

#1 ofaplic

ofaplic
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • te

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:21 AM

This is kinda driving me crazy, I am looking for a recipe of Valenciana. It's an Ilongo dish that I have not tasted for over 20 years and I have been seaching for the recipe via google. Any help would be apreciated.

thanks in advance.

#2 RIONEUGENE

RIONEUGENE
  • Members
  • 2,217 posts
  • Interests:To praise the Almighty God for the blessing upon us, to love, to care my kids,family and the love of my LIFE Mahal*
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ch

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:29 AM

Ohhh i love so much valenciana...i can teach you how to cook it.... i am gonna send you email dhay..
Rio&Don

#3 simon

simon
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:10 PM

Hey girls,

Im living here in the center of "Arroz Valenciana" and am curious to what that "ilongo Valenciana" is. Share it here on the forum please...recipe also if possible.

thanks

Simon El Paellero

#4 joshndaisy

joshndaisy
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:53 PM

I love valenciana too, its one of my fave food , miss my mother's valenciana. Not sure but i think its called Paella in tagalog (or spanish?). Rio share your recipe please smile.gif . Thanks.

Daisy

#5 RIONEUGENE

RIONEUGENE
  • Members
  • 2,217 posts
  • Interests:To praise the Almighty God for the blessing upon us, to love, to care my kids,family and the love of my LIFE Mahal*
  • ch

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:48 AM

Dhay i sent you email how to cook valenciana uh....i hope you can make it... then share mo rito kong paanong ang resulta .
Rio&Don

#6 ofaplic

ofaplic
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • te

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(joshndaisy @ Sep 1 2007, 04:53 PM)  
I love valenciana too, its one of my fave food , miss my mother's valenciana. Not sure but i think its called Paella in tagalog (or spanish?). Rio share your recipe please smile.gif . Thanks.

Daisy

It has rice, meat, some vegetables.... I think the rice that is used is the sticky rice though I could be wrong. It has been ages since I tasted it.

There was this restaurant in Ortigas Center that serve Paella and I think it is the same... though for the life of me I can't remember the restaurant's name, "Casa..." something. All I remember is that they serve roasted young piglet and it was so tender that the waiter used a small place to slice them and you have to order them 24 hours in advance.

#7 farla

farla
  • Members
  • 240 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ca

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(ofaplic @ Sep 2 2007, 11:42 AM)  
It has rice, meat, some vegetables.... I think the rice that is used is the sticky rice though I could be wrong. It has been ages since I tasted it.

There was this restaurant in Ortigas Center that serve Paella and I think it is the same... though for the life of me I can't remember the restaurant's name, "Casa..." something. All I remember is that they serve roasted young piglet and it was so tender that the waiter used a small place to slice them and you have to order them 24 hours in advance.

can you post the details and the ingredients on how to make it? i really tried my best to cook hehehe coz its not my talent..wahhhhh rolleyes.gif

#8 Lyann115

Lyann115
  • Members
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:badminton, swimming, lawn tennis, kick boxing, etc.
  • ca
  • Local Office:San Francisco

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:55 AM

yes valenciana is one of my favorite food since im also an ilonggo... the only thing it differs is it is yellow colored while paella (spanish dish) is orange and machang (chinese dish) is color brown.. (hehe)

yum.. yum... rolleyes.gif
Arch't. Lyann, RN
http://profiles.friendster.com/lyannjoone
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=673878987

P Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary. Spread environmental awareness.

#9 Felicity

Felicity

(*0*)c",) If you want to know someone, ask his FRIENDS...

• 7,245 posts
  • Interests:theater arts, painting,photography,web designing,musical instruments,speeches,visa process,life abroad,people, clubs-Toastmasters Club, Rotary Club, Rotaract Club, Scouting,blogging<br /><br />&quot;Never explain yourself to anyone. Because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person who dislikes you won't believe it.&quot;
  • ca
  • Local Office:Fresno

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE(Lyann115 @ Sep 12 2007, 02:55 AM)  
yes valenciana is one of my favorite food since im also an ilonggo... the only thing it differs is it is yellow colored while paella (spanish dish) is orange and machang (chinese dish) is color brown.. (hehe)

yum.. yum... rolleyes.gif

really? still no link for this recipe? i might try and might like it too smile.gif ive heard of it but havent tasted it yet sad.gif

#10 Lyann115

Lyann115
  • Members
  • 178 posts
  • ca

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:13 AM

1 big chorizo de bilbao, sliced
    1/2 c paprika

1/2 c soy sauce

1 c sweet peas

1 c raisins

4-5 saba banana, fried

2 c glutinous rice

2 tsp monosodium glutamate
Salt and pepper to taste
    1 tbsp chorizo de bilbao fat

1 clove garlic

1 onion

1 medium red pepper

1/2 c chiken liver

1/2 c chicken gizzard, sliced

1 c chicken breast, diced
1 c lean pork, diced

Saute garlic, chorizo, onion, and red pepper. Add meats and saute until dry. Remove chicken liver, slice and set aside. Add paprika and soy sauce, and simmer until meats are tender. Meanwhile cook glutinous rice in 2 cups water.

Line bottom of pan to avoid burning.

When meats are done, add sweet peas, raisins, MSG, pepper, and salt. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add cooked rice. Stir to mix well. Garnish with fried saba bananas and chicken liver.

2nd option:
You can cook it like you're cooking rice

Edited by Lyann115, 12 September 2007 - 03:17 AM.

Arch't. Lyann, RN

P Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary. Spread environmental awareness.

#11 Felicity

Felicity

(*0*)c",) If you want to know someone, ask his FRIENDS...

• 7,245 posts
  • Interests:theater arts, painting,photography,web designing,musical instruments,speeches,visa process,life abroad,people, clubs-Toastmasters Club, Rotary Club, Rotaract Club, Scouting,blogging<br /><br />&quot;Never explain yourself to anyone. Because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person who dislikes you won't believe it.&quot;
  • ca
  • Local Office:Fresno

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:44 AM

wow chorizo, ill gonna like it hehe

thanks ly

#12 ofaplic

ofaplic
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • te

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(Lyann115 @ Sep 11 2007, 10:13 PM)  
    1 big chorizo de bilbao, sliced
    1/2 c paprika
    1/2 c soy sauce
    1 c sweet peas
    1 c raisins
    4-5 saba banana, fried
    2 c glutinous rice
    2 tsp monosodium glutamate
Salt and pepper to taste
    1 tbsp chorizo de bilbao fat
    1 clove garlic
    1 onion
    1 medium red pepper
    1/2 c chiken liver
    1/2 c chicken gizzard, sliced
    1 c chicken breast, diced
1 c lean pork, diced

Saute garlic, chorizo, onion, and red pepper. Add meats and saute until dry. Remove chicken liver, slice and set aside. Add paprika and soy sauce, and simmer until meats are tender. Meanwhile cook glutinous rice in 2 cups water.

Line bottom of pan to avoid burning.

When meats are done, add sweet peas, raisins, MSG, pepper, and salt. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add cooked rice. Stir to mix well. Garnish with fried saba bananas and chicken liver.

2nd option:
You can cook it like you're cooking rice

thanks for the recipe, i will try it sometime soon and the recipe looks right especially the raisins...

#13 ofaplic

ofaplic
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • te

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:24 PM

Treid to cook with ingredients that I have on hand but alas some are still missing. If I remember it correctly, the color was suppose to be a little green but mine was brown... hmmm I guess the peas should add some green color into it. The taste is not close enough but still working on it. The chicken liver and the banana will diffenitely make a difference....

thanks Lyann again.

#14 Lyann115

Lyann115
  • Members
  • 178 posts
  • ca

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:14 AM

u can try to atchuete to make it a bit orange....
Arch't. Lyann, RN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users