34 replies to this topic

#1 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:39 PM

There's a new site on line that some of you may have heard about. It's called WOF after dark.
I just want everyone to know that the after dark site is in no way shape or form owned me or connected with The World Of Filipinas.
This is what they have posted on the WOF after dark site.

Welcome to WOF after dark
This forum is not in any way affiliated with or managed by Theworldoffilipinas.com. It is an independent forum dealing with the joys and issues of relationships between western men and filipinas. The subject matter may not be suitable for some people who are easily offended by frank conversation. This forum is only viewable by registered members. It is open to all that wish to join and we welcome you with open arms. Registration is free and easy.

Enter that site at your own risk. Any flame wars or problem's that you might get into over there is to be LEFT THERE. Dont bring it here.dont go there unless you are willing to hear very frank opinions that some may feel is insulting.WOF Afterdark is also a place to take heated discussions as flaming and fighting are not allowed here on WoF but they are welcomed there.
Heres the link to the site
www.WOFAFTERDARK.com

TIM

#2 d'shirls

d'shirls
  • Members
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:"D", ipod, shoes, clothes....
  • Visa type:AOS (Pending)
  • mi

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:08 PM

Thanks for always keepin us posted Hawk...Never heard of it but it's nice to know what that site is...

Shirley

#3 Harry

Harry
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

Tim: Well I'm not sure I'd use those exact words..... 'fights are welcome'. Don't get me wrong there are a few tussles going on there some of the time, but as for being an exclusive venue for fighting I'd say that was off the mark.

We don't have any moderators..... as the membership self moderates. Yes there are occassional flames and insults, but for the most part genuine folk are well treated.

#4 Felicity

Felicity

(*0*)c",)

• 7,246 posts
  • Interests:theater arts, painting,photography,web designing,musical instruments,speeches,visa process,life abroad,people, clubs-Toastmasters Club, Rotary Club, Rotaract Club, Scouting,blogging

"Never explain yourself to anyone. Because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person who dislikes you won't believe it."
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • ca
  • Local Office:Fresno

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:23 PM

i tried to register yesterday sir harry but i didnt receive any email confirmation or for activation.

#5 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(felnfrank @ Jul 19 2007, 04:23 PM) View Post
i tried to register yesterday sir harry but i didnt receive any email confirmation or for activation.

Check your SPAM or BULK folder, that is where Yahoo put my confirmation email.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#6 ccwalker

ccwalker
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • em

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE(felnfrank @ Jul 19 2007, 08:23 PM) View Post

you are active now,

Chris

#7 Felicity

Felicity

(*0*)c",)

• 7,246 posts
  • Interests:theater arts, painting,photography,web designing,musical instruments,speeches,visa process,life abroad,people, clubs-Toastmasters Club, Rotary Club, Rotaract Club, Scouting,blogging

"Never explain yourself to anyone. Because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person who dislikes you won't believe it."
  • ca
  • Local Office:Fresno

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(MrkGrismer @ Jul 19 2007, 08:26 PM) View Post

ooopppss i deleted my bulk folder yesterday, i do that regulary...oki doki

QUOTE(ccwalker @ Jul 19 2007, 08:27 PM) View Post
you are active now,

Chris

thanks

#8 username

username
  • 1,953 posts
  • te
  • Local Office:Had to use snail mail

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:57 PM

I tried to register too and it said I was already there on the list. sad.gif

I bet it was dat JamesinAustinTx who take my name on de forum. dry.gif

I want my username back! mad.gif

QUOTE(James in Austin Tx @ Jul 18 2007, 11:30 AM) View Post
I like the anonymous title - NOT

Thank you WOF family.

Edited by username, 19 July 2007 - 08:57 PM.

#9 tcmbmnc

tcmbmnc
  • Members
  • 211 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca
  • Local Office:Charlotte, NC

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE(felnfrank @ Jul 19 2007, 04:23 PM) View Post

The same happened for me as well, Can't activate the account without the email, can't log in without activation. I had registered there under the same name I use here.

Edited by tcmbmnc, 19 July 2007 - 09:45 PM.

-Todd

TIMELINE:
8/27/2005 I129F sent
3/28/2006 Embassy Interview approved (213 days later)
5/09/2006 Arrival in USA
7/28/2006 Married!!!!!! :)
1/17/07 Mailed I485 to Chicago
7/3/07 Green Card Issued
5/31/08 Daughter Kirsten Lynn born
Removal of Conditions Timeline:
5/5/09 I-751 Sent
5/08/09 Recieved
5/22/09 Biometric Letter
6/12/09 Biometric Appointment

#10 ccwalker

ccwalker
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • em

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:03 PM

tcmbmnc is active now. thanks for letting me know,

chris

#11 ccwalker

ccwalker
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • em

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE(MrkGrismer @ Jul 19 2007, 08:26 PM) View Post

Thanks for sharing that Mark, maybe you have solved a mystery.

Chris

#12 ccwalker

ccwalker
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • em

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:47 PM

Thanks Hawk for the introductory post about WOFafterdark. I know that some the membership here would wonder why they should join yet ANOTHER fil/am forum considering that there are quite a few out there already. WOF after dark is not like any of the other sites out there. We are not a replacement forum for any of them, we are just a supplemental site. This site has a great section on immigration, relationships, and other issues facing people in fil/west relationships. WOFafterdark is a place to hang out, crack a few virtual beers and shoot the sh**. most of the topics have nothing to do with the Philippines, but what everyone in the forum has in common is their ties to the Philippines. We have a commonality between us and we welcome you all.

We only have a few rules, and as one poster over there noted "they aren't rules if you can't break them".

1. no editing of posts
2. no deleting of posts
3. no logging on in hidden mode.

The reason these rules can't be broken is because, I have modified the code. We formed the site with transparency in mind. We do have a section for people that have posted 100 posts or more... call it an upgrade or a rewards system for being involved. Once a user reaches that threshold they have full access and other features that we are developing right now such as blog hosting and a photo gallery. We value any suggestions and improvements we can make to make your experience better. You can PM me here or there if you have any questions.

Chris

#13 Mylo

Mylo
  • 621 posts
  • ve
  • Local Office:Buffalo, NY

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:26 PM

Original name there rolleyes.gif

AmericanAssawa was funny the short time it was there, should have just kept that going.
Mylo rest in peace 4/1/2000--7/27/2010

It came to me that every time
I lose a dog,
they take a piece of my heart with them.

And every new dog
who comes into my life
gifts me with a piece of their heart.

If I live long enough,
all the components of my heart will be dog,
and I will become
as generous and loving as they are.

Biko welcome to our home Sept. 18, 2010

http://www.itsahuskything.com/

http://siberianhuskyforum.com/

#14 ccwalker

ccwalker
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • em

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE(Mylo @ Jul 19 2007, 11:26 PM) View Post
Original name there rolleyes.gif
AmericanAssawa was funny the short time it was there, should have just kept that going.

I had nothing to do with the naming of the site, I just keep it working.. most of the time. It was discussed with Hawk before the name was purchased or applied to the site. No hijacking attempt here, just a complementary relationship kind of like icing on cake, or banana Ketchup on the lumpia.

As far as AmericanaSSawa is concerned, it was a good thing when it was headed in the spirit it was intended, but while I was napping on a bamboo bed in Siquijor some people started using the site for malicious acts. I got tired of people calling me and waking me up in the middle of the day and pulled the plug on the site. At this time, I have no intentions of putting it up again.

#15 electraglide

electraglide
  • Members
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Harley's , camping, fishing , nature
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:13 AM

I Like this forum and plan on staying here .I don't like flaming and this site has the best friends that you could ever want .
Electraglide

#16 ccwalker

ccwalker
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • em

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:46 AM

Ikaw gud!

#17 txtechrob

txtechrob
  • Members
  • 111 posts
  • te
  • Local Office:Houston

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE(electraglide @ Jul 19 2007, 07:13 PM) View Post
I Like this forum and plan on staying here .I don't like flaming and this site has the best friends that you could ever want .
Electraglide

QUOTE(ccwalker @ Jul 19 2007, 07:46 PM) View Post
Ikaw gud!

As stated before WOF after dark is not a replacement/competitive forum for WOF.

Think of it this way… WOF is boxing, where rules and guidelines apply. Where WOF AD is Ultimate Fighting, with the only rules being… when you post it is set in “internet stone”, no chance to edit, or delete your post. Also the owner (ccwalker) will not delete your post just because he doesn’t like it.

WOF is an excellent site for great information and friendships where we discuss all things Fil/AM. My wife and I have been members from its early creation and enjoy the discussions and personalities on this site. The members have made this a great site!

WOF AD is the same but you just need to understand no censorship means frank conversation or avatar’s that are PG-13.

I don’t know either of the forum owners personally… only from their posts and occasional PM’s… so don’t think I am trying to “pimp” either site. I just want everyone to understand that both WOF and WOF AD are good forums for those of us in a fil/am relationship. I will continue to support both sites!!!

Electraglide it’s not a “flaming” forum… it’s just a forum with a more “tough love” atmosphere. If that is not your cup of tea I totally respect that!

Thanks Tim & Chris for your efforts, and time that you sacrifice to give us these forums to socialize.

Rob & Marife

ROB

October 2 will always be a good day for me... in 2004 I came back from Iraq, in 2006 my babies Visa was approved!

#18 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • ch

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:56 AM

Hmm all the counters look like 0 entries so maybe they are having a hard time starting up??

#19 ccwalker

ccwalker
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • em

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:02 AM

Thanks for the good commentary, Rob. The way I see it is that times change, attitudes change, and forums come and go as evidenced over the last 7 years. From Asawa to WOFafterdark, the only constant is the members that migrate from forum to forum as they come and go. The challenge that faces every forum owner is adapting and meeting the needs of the membership. If it were not for the members the forums would cease to exist altogether.

Bobukon had a good run of 7 years mostly because it was a 1 horse town. When that forum fell, WOF was already established and accepted the refugees with open arms. Tim has had great success with his style of forum management so far and it looks like he is in it for the long haul. Several other forums have started up since then and have all but disappeared due to one reason or another. When creating WOFafterdark, we did not set out on duplicating Tim or BNN. We are striking out on our own with different policies and a different attitude. hopefully we are a fresh face on the scene and fill a niche market. We want to attract a wide audience with different attitudes and beliefs.

Thanks again HAWK for posting this topic so that we can promote ourselves with your blessings instead of the usual way other have done in the past via PM's and e-mails.

Chris

#20 ccwalker

ccwalker
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • em

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE(James in Austin Tx @ Jul 20 2007, 03:56 AM) View Post
Hmm all the counters look like 0 entries so maybe they are having a hard time starting up??

James, I am not sure what you are talking about. Could you further explain here or in a PM?

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users