Photo

My NBI Clearance is a hit because my name appears the same with somebody else..

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 maryjoy_mesias2000

maryjoy_mesias2000
  • Members
  • 186 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Manila Embassy

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:56 AM

hi wof members,

i just wanna ask something..i read a post from dong dang, a member of this site stating that one of the reasons for possible AR is when the NBI CLEARANCE issued has the same name with somebody within the country or is a "HIT"..

well, with regards to my case, when i applied for an NBI Clearance, it was released to me after 9 days coz it was a "HIT" because my name appears to be the same with somebody else..now, i just want to ask, if this will affect my visa? or will there be a further review or investigation with my case? or will they put me to AR? coz in the NBI Clearance, there's something there which reads:

DATE OF APPLICATION: May 2, 2007
DATE PRINTED: MAY 11, 2007

---------------So, i was thinking, that it's really obvious that NBI still made an investigation before they released it to me after 9 days, right..will the embassy check on this still?

please advise me,

thank you..

#2 tweetums

tweetums
  • Members
  • 177 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:philippines

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:00 AM

i guess the NBI people will tell you what to do, i was hit too even if my name is very unique... they will ask for one more weeks to review your profile. and you need to visit the main office of your NBI office to report the case.

#3 maryjoy_mesias2000

maryjoy_mesias2000
  • Members
  • 186 posts
  • ca

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE(tweetums @ May 26 2007, 08:00 PM) View Post
i guess the NBI people will tell you what to do, i was hit too even if my name is very unique... they will ask for one more weeks to review your profile. and you need to visit the main office of your NBI office to report the case.

thank you for the post tweetums but yes i already have my NBI CLEARANCE and i got it 9 days after applying because it was a "HIT"..what i mean is the embassy now? will the embassy put me to AR because my NBI is a hit? or is the statement there which reads, "NO DERAGOTORY RECORD" ENOUGH ALREADY? Or will the embassy still review or do an investigation?

thank you..

#4 tweetums

tweetums
  • Members
  • 177 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:philippines

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:17 AM

im very sorry i missed it, im kind sleepy here, theres no problem at all, it wont affect y our application for visa, i was approved even if i was hit before. what put you on AR, not meeting all the documents needed for the interview.i hope i answer you. hehehehe thanks for refreshing it again.

#5 maryjoy_mesias2000

maryjoy_mesias2000
  • Members
  • 186 posts
  • ca

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE(tweetums @ May 26 2007, 08:17 PM) View Post
im very sorry i missed it, im kind sleepy here, theres no problem at all, it wont affect y our application for visa, i was approved even if i was hit before. what put you on AR, not meeting all the documents needed for the interview.i hope i answer you. hehehehe thanks for refreshing it again.

thank you so much tweetums..

God bless you and your family..

- mary -

#6 fepsimark

fepsimark
  • Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Interests:If you need a legitimate work at home job, email me at admission@comsvctech.com

Fepsi
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • Texas
  • Local Office:Fairfax VA

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE(maryjoy_mesias2000 @ May 27 2007, 05:56 AM) View Post

hi wof members,

i just wanna ask something..i read a post from dong dang, a member of this site stating that one of the reasons for possible AR is when the NBI CLEARANCE issued has the same name with somebody within the country or is a "HIT"..

well, with regards to my case, when i applied for an NBI Clearance, it was released to me after 9 days coz it was a "HIT" because my name appears to be the same with somebody else..now, i just want to ask, if this will affect my visa? or will there be a further review or investigation with my case? or will they put me to AR? coz in the NBI Clearance, there's something there which reads:

---------------So, i was thinking, that it's really obvious that NBI still made an investigation before they released it to me after 9 days, right..will the embassy check on this still?

please advise me,

thank you..

your getting paranoid sis.. hahaha joke joke, dont get me wrong.. just dont worry much about it. If the NBI released your clearance, then you dont have to worry anymore. USE should have to conduct their own CI eventhough we dont have any bad record appeared on our clearances.

Here is the TIP, if you want to feel more secure, then apply for your Metropolitan Trial Court Clearance and Regional TRial court Clearance, more ammo the better. That's what I did before. So I had, NBI clearance, MTC, RTC clearances, Police Clearances from CAloocan CIty police.

Good luck.. Dont think too much negative okay? Just relax.. I know the feeling though.

HOpe this helps smile.gif

#7 dong_dang

dong_dang
  • Members
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:DONG - cars, baskeball, tennis, volleyball, Smallville, F.R.I.E.N.D.S., watching movie, starbucks' white mocca with whip cream, cheesecake, travel<br /><br /><br />DANG - net surfing,RNB music,white mocca frappuccino of starbucks, cheesecake, steak,sushi-tempura-maki,wendy's frosty,pizza, F.R.I.E.N.D.S. DVD, Sex &amp; the City DVD, Oprah, Fashion Magazines, travel
  • Visa type:AOS (Pending)
  • ca

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE(maryjoy_mesias2000 @ May 26 2007, 09:56 PM) View Post

hi wof members,

please advise me,

thank you..

hi maryjoy, smile.gif

dont worry too much about the resemblance of names in NBI.
as long as you have a clean record,you dont need to worry about the visa. it may delay for sometime due to administrative review but STILL you will get your visa girl!

I have one message here.
Post no. 6 of this thread-
http://www.visajourn...mp;#entry929058

She experienced the same thing but now she's in Arizona with her fiance.

regards,
dang

Dong & Dang

12/28/2007.....Sent Packet for AOS application
12/29/2007.....USCIS Chicago received our AOS Packet
01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document
[Received in mail last 01/26/07]
01/24/2008.....USCIS Chicago encashed our checks
01/28/2008.....Received NOA1 for I-485 though notice dated 01/22/2008 as well
01/30/2008.....Received Biometrics schedule
02/20/2008.....Confirmation of receipt of RFE (source:USCIS case online update)
02/21/2008.....touched

Feel free to post comments to my blog www.annie-thejourney.com
My experience in K1 Visa application, moving to US & AOS application are clearly stated on the 5th category of my blog.
Don't forget the MONTHLY FEATURES page for any tips/tools in K1 Visa Application

Nothing to do in US yet? Then start BLOGGING. Ask me & I will help you get started!
Visit the SPECIALS page of my blog for monthly tips & guidelines

#8 maryjoy_mesias2000

maryjoy_mesias2000
  • Members
  • 186 posts
  • ca

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:58 AM

thank you guys for the info..

#9 Felicity

Felicity

(*0*)c",) If you want to know someone, ask his FRIENDS...

• 7,245 posts
  • Interests:theater arts, painting,photography,web designing,musical instruments,speeches,visa process,life abroad,people, clubs-Toastmasters Club, Rotary Club, Rotaract Club, Scouting,blogging<br /><br />&quot;Never explain yourself to anyone. Because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person who dislikes you won't believe it.&quot;
  • ca
  • Local Office:Fresno

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:32 PM

hey dont worry smile.gif mine was a hit smile.gif and it was really me on the hit list but im here in cali now smile.gif

take care

fel

#10 lirachadsbaby

lirachadsbaby

with my precious 'lil girl

• Members
  • 1,732 posts
  • Visa type:Removing Conditions
  • ve
  • Local Office:new orleans

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE(maryjoy_mesias2000 @ May 27 2007, 12:56 AM) View Post

hi wof members,

please advise me,

thank you..

I was hit and got my NBI clearance after 2 weeks. Don't worry about that, the embassy I think wont know that you were investigated or something as long as the remarks is positive.

I was'nt put on AR. Got my VISA in a week and I'm here in the US.

Edited by lirachadsbaby, 31 May 2007 - 10:29 PM.

#11 Felicity

Felicity

(*0*)c",) If you want to know someone, ask his FRIENDS...

• 7,245 posts
  • Interests:theater arts, painting,photography,web designing,musical instruments,speeches,visa process,life abroad,people, clubs-Toastmasters Club, Rotary Club, Rotaract Club, Scouting,blogging<br /><br />&quot;Never explain yourself to anyone. Because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person who dislikes you won't believe it.&quot;
  • ca
  • Local Office:Fresno

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(lirachadsbaby @ May 31 2007, 10:28 PM) View Post
I was hit and got my NBI clearance after 2 weeks. Don't worry about that, the embassy I think wont know that you were investigated or something as long as the remarks is positive.

I was'nt put on AR. Got my VISA in a week and I'm here in the US.

If ur name is in the hit list, it means u have similar name (not all are same spelling but similar) or u were in a case (serious or not) before that u were put on hold and not allowed to go abroad.That was what happened to me. So u have to wait weeks for them to verify that the name is not u and that it is another person (and not ur alias). In my case, i just asked a certification that my previous case was cleared. I got no record on file then and my name was cleared.

wink.gif

fel

#12 maryjoy_mesias2000

maryjoy_mesias2000
  • Members
  • 186 posts
  • ca

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:06 PM

thank you guys..

woow, all my worries are gone now..

#13 lirachadsbaby

lirachadsbaby

with my precious 'lil girl

• Members
  • 1,732 posts
  • Visa type:Removing Conditions
  • ve
  • Local Office:new orleans

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE(maryjoy_mesias2000 @ May 31 2007, 06:06 PM) View Post
thank you guys..

woow, all my worries are gone now..

there's really nothin to worry about. you are cleared! that's the most important.

God bless, Joy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users