#1 JLW36

JLW36

GeorgiaOnMyMind

• 750 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • ca
  • Local Office:Atlanta, Georgia

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:10 PM

Please help. I think this is the right time to share another visa journey after mine was finally done. Just recently me and my sister were debating & guess estimating about when mama should have her Interview at the US Embassy. She told me that the waiting time for the Petition for Parents (IR5) is more shorter than K visas because I told her if mama got her Packet within this month or next month she will still have to wait 2-3 months before the schedule interview just like me. I got my interview through IV Schedule Nov 14, 2006 it was scheduled on Jan 8, 2007 and that was about 55 days to go waiting and preparing. I said to myself still a long wait for me before I could finally have mine.
I keep on searching in other forums like VJ about IR5 Visa but I couldn’t find as much information unlike K1 especially Philippine Cases that I could compared it to my moms’ case.
And sometimes on my searching I just ended up answering post of others about IR5 but I couldn’t find any answers to my questions and because of this mom’s petition had been delayed 2 times already (2 RFE’s) because of my misinterpretation that due to a fact that my knowledge about IR5 was very very limited & poor. Sometimes I wished that I could find a forum that discusses IR5 cases in PI like wof or ASAWA that almost spoon feed us all the informations we need to know and all we have to do is to make an effort to search, take time to read and comprehend.
It was almost a year ago when sister file the Petition Jan 28, 2006 and Priority Date is Feb 22, 2006 for NOA1. She got mom MNLcase number May 31, 2006.
My sister file it right away as soon as she got her Citizenship. It took 5 years for her to get that Citizenship but everything is always in God’s time not Ours. My sister was not really into computer, she’s too busy to search for, or join forum to gathered information about this IR5 Visa thing. She always rely on what she received from NVC and by just calling NVC if she gets bored waiting to hear from them. There was even I time I could sense that I made her angry sometimes because my mom’s 1st & 2nd RFE was due to my misinterpretation of the documents I am reading sent by NVC.

July 30- 1st RFE (incorrect choice of agent) my sister fixed it anyway by calling NVC
It was incorrect to write my mom’s name, was supposed to be my sister’s name as choice of agent and because of that NVC send us the bill $380 to be paid where it should supposed to be sent to my sister so that she can pay it right away but she couldn’t do it since we have to send to her the payment form before she could do further action.

Nov 10-2nd RFE again (lack of documents) NBI Clearance from PI. Now she is irritated at me again because I just send mom’s Police Clearance together with the rest of documents requested by NVC where it should supposed to be NBI, we waited for the Barcoded Sheet almost 1 month before it was finally send again by NVC. Cursed NVC because it wasn’t really clear that it was NBI and not a police clearance. I read the part for Documents You Need To Obtain & Submit and it was said they need Police Clearance so I never thought when they say Police Clearance it was actually the NBI. I even commented & told my mom that I think NVC isn’t strict enough when it comes to IR5 because they only asked your Police Clearance and not NBI but Im totally wrong…..Ok my bad!
It took a month again of waiting before we finally received the Barcoded Sheet last Dec 11, 2006 from NVC for the missing document. I think that’s the disadvantage of IR, CR visas. Correct me if I am wrong.
Anyway last Dec 11, I send the missing document, NBI clearance w/the barcoded sheet to NVC via DHL. It was month ago and no update yet from NVC.
Now my questions are :

1.) As what I understand it is the NVC who assigned Medical & Interview Schedule to IR applicants unlike K visas which is the US Embassy here. Am I right?

2.) After the NVC have check all the necessary documents we send, what’s next? Are we already waiting for the case to be completed?

3.) How long do we still have to wait for NVC to assigned schedule?

4.) Was there any truth to what my sister said? That the waiting time for the Petition for Parents (IR5) is more shorter than K visas because the volume of IR5 cases in PI is less compared to K visas that lead to a longer waiting time period?

I am hoping that mama could have her Schedule soon as I would like to accompany her to the Medical as much as possible before I leave since it is just the 2 of us living together in the house If I leave the soonest, she will be alone and thinkin about it makes me upset now. It would really be difficult for her to make an arrangement or shipment sending back home stuff (in our hometown) before she leave.

Edited by johnlolali, 13 January 2007 - 12:46 AM.

My Daugther's IR2 Visa Timeline

October 03-2011-Sent the Application for I-130 Package
October 07-Received USCIS acceptance of Application by e-mail
October 12, 2011-Received Notice of Action by Mail
April 27,2012-Finally Petition is approved!
May 3,2012-Received NOA 2 in the mail
May 29,2012-NVC assigned Manila Case Number MNL2012XXXXXX
May 30,2012-Assigned myself as the Choice of Agent for (DS3032)
June 3,2012-Received and Paid AOS Bill Invoice Bill
June 7,2012-Registered as The Choice of agent
June 7,2012-Receieved and Paid Immigrant Visa Application Bill Invoice
June 10,2012-Complete/signed forms DS230, Affidavit of Support I-864, I-864A
June 26,2012-Mailed all required documents to NVC
July 11,2012-NVC Case Complete!
Aug 6 & 7 - Medical Schedule
Aug 15 - Interview Appointment @ 6:15AM
Aug 15 - Interview Approved.
Aug 23 - Visa/Packet Received
Oct 15 - Bound for PI to pick her up.
October 31, 2012 - Our(POE)Atlanta, Ga.

November 12, 2012- She got her 10 years Greencard

N-400 (U.S Citizenship)
March 08,2011-Mailed package Application for U.S Citizenship
March 17-Receipt Notice (Form I-797C)Received by E-mail
March 21-Recieved I-797C by mail
April 12-Biometrics @ 8AM
August 4-Interview @ 8:40AM. Interview & Oath taking the same day.

I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence
June 01,2009-Submit my application (VSC)
June 12-Received NOA 1
June 19-Received Biometrics Appointment
July 08-Biometrics Schedule
Oct 25-Request for the removal of condition approved
Oct 29-Production of the new card
Nov 07-Got my 10 years Greencard

Mom's 2006 IR5

#2 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,514 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:18 AM

What exactly is your question? It took me 5 minute to wade thorugh your dissertion and I don't know if you are complaining about your sister or are really asking something about parent visas.

ANYWAY, A PARENT PETITION GENERATES A VISA INTERVIEW IN ABOUT 12-14 MONTHS, AROUND THE SAME TIME AS A CR-1 SPOUSE OR CR-2 CHILD. I'VE DONE A LOT OF THESE FOR PARENTS AND THAT HAS BEEN MY EXPERIENCE.

--Ray B

QUOTE(johnlolali @ Jan 11 2007, 06:10 PM)  

Please help. I think this is the right time to share another visa journey after mine was finally done. Just recently me and my sister were debating & guess estimating about when mama should have her Interview at the US Embassy. She told me that the waiting time for the Petition for Parents (IR5) is more shorter than K visas because I told her if mama got her Packet within this month or next month she will still have to wait 2-3 months before the schedule interview just like me. I got my interview through IV Schedule Nov 14, 2006 it was scheduled on Jan 8, 2007 and that was about 55 days to go waiting and preparing. I said to myself still a long wait for me before I could finally have mine.
I keep on searching in other forums like VJ about IR5 Visa but I couldnít find as much information unlike K1 especially Philippine Cases that I could compared it to my momsí case.
And sometimes on my searching I just ended up answering post of others about IR5 but I couldnít find any answers to my questions and because of this momís petition had been delayed 2 times already (2 RFEís) because of my misinterpretation that due to a fact that my knowledge about IR5 was very very limited & poor. Sometimes I wished that I could find a forum that discusses IR5 cases in PI like wof or ASAWA that almost spoon feed us all the informations we need to know and all we have to do is to make an effort to search, take time to read and comprehend.
It was almost a year ago when sister file the Petition Jan 28, 2006 and Priority Date is Feb 22, 2006 for NOA1. She got mom MNLcase number May 31, 2006.
My sister file it right away as soon as she got her Citizenship. It took 5 years for her to get that Citizenship but everything is always in Godí time not OursÖ or when USCIS or DHS will consider you to apply for your Citizenzhip, Oath taking, and get your Cert of Naturalization and so on. If I am mistaken about my understanding please correct me or rephrase what I have said.
I couldnít also find any post here regarding IR5 Visa, so I keep on searching the internet so I could educate myself and maybe in the future I could help others who will soon petitioning their parents. Since my sister was not really into computer, sheís too busy to search for, or join forum to gathered information about this IR5 Visa thing. She always rely on what she received from NVC and by just calling NVC if she gets bored waiting to hear from them. There was even I time I could sense that I made her angry sometimes because my momís 1st & 2nd RFE was due to my misinterpretation of the documents I am reading sent by NVC.

July 30- 1st RFE (incorrect choice of agent) my sister fixed it anyway by calling NVC
It was incorrect to write my momís name, was supposed to be my sisterís name as choice of agent and because of that NVC send us the bill $380 to be paid where it should supposed to be sent to my sister so that she can pay it right away but she couldnít do it since we have to send to her the payment form before she could do further action.

Nov 10-2nd RFE again (lack of documents) NBI Clearance from PI. Now she is irritated at me again because I just send momís Police Clearance together with the rest of documents requested by NVC where it should supposed to be NBI, we waited for the Barcoded Sheet almost 1 month before it was finally send again by NVC. Cursed NVC because it wasnít really clear that it was NBI and not a police clearance. I read the part for Documents You Need To Obtain & Submit and it was said they need Police Clearance so I never thought when they say Police Clearance it was actually the NBI. I even commented & told my mom that I think NVC isnít strict enough when it comes to IR5 because they only asked your Police Clearance and not NBI but Im totally wrongÖ..Ok my bad!
It took a month again of waiting before we finally received the Barcoded Sheet last Dec 11, 2006 from NVC for the missing document. I think thatís the disadvantage of IR, CR visas. Correct me if I am wrong.
Anyway last Dec 11, I send the missing document, NBI clearance w/the barcoded sheet to NVC via DHL. It was month ago and no update yet from NVC.
Now my questions are :

1.) As what I understand it is the NVC who assigned Medical & Interview Schedule to IR applicants unlike K visas which is the US Embassy here. Am I right?

2.) After the NVC have check all the necessary documents we send, whatís next? Are we already waiting for the case to be completed?

4.) Was there any truth to what my sister said? That the waiting time for the Petition for Parents (IR5) is more shorter than K visas because the volume of IR5 cases in PI is less compared to K visas that lead to a longer waiting time period?

I am hoping that mama could have her Schedule soon as I would like to accompany her to the Medical as much as possible before I leave since it is just the 2 of us living together in the house If I leave the soonest, she will be alone and thinkin about it makes me upset now. It would really be difficult for her to make an arrangement or shipment sending back home stuff (in our hometown) before she leave.

#3 JLW36

JLW36

GeorgiaOnMyMind

• 750 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:Atlanta, Georgia

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:27 AM

sorry RayB if I mislead you with this post. heres the questions below

1.) who assigned Medical & Interview Schedule for IR5 was it NVC or US Embassy?

2.) After the NVC check all the necessary documents we send, whatís next?
Are we already waiting for the case to be completed?

My Daugther's IR2 Visa Timeline

October 03-2011-Sent the Application for I-130 Package
October 07-Received USCIS acceptance of Application by e-mail
October 12, 2011-Received Notice of Action by Mail
April 27,2012-Finally Petition is approved!
May 3,2012-Received NOA 2 in the mail
May 29,2012-NVC assigned Manila Case Number MNL2012XXXXXX
May 30,2012-Assigned myself as the Choice of Agent for (DS3032)
June 3,2012-Received and Paid AOS Bill Invoice Bill
June 7,2012-Registered as The Choice of agent
June 7,2012-Receieved and Paid Immigrant Visa Application Bill Invoice
June 10,2012-Complete/signed forms DS230, Affidavit of Support I-864, I-864A
June 26,2012-Mailed all required documents to NVC
July 11,2012-NVC Case Complete!
Aug 6 & 7 - Medical Schedule
Aug 15 - Interview Appointment @ 6:15AM
Aug 15 - Interview Approved.
Aug 23 - Visa/Packet Received
Oct 15 - Bound for PI to pick her up.
October 31, 2012 - Our(POE)Atlanta, Ga.

November 12, 2012- She got her 10 years Greencard

N-400 (U.S Citizenship)
March 08,2011-Mailed package Application for U.S Citizenship
March 17-Receipt Notice (Form I-797C)Received by E-mail
March 21-Recieved I-797C by mail
April 12-Biometrics @ 8AM
August 4-Interview @ 8:40AM. Interview & Oath taking the same day.

I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence
June 01,2009-Submit my application (VSC)
June 12-Received NOA 1
June 19-Received Biometrics Appointment
July 08-Biometrics Schedule
Oct 25-Request for the removal of condition approved
Oct 29-Production of the new card
Nov 07-Got my 10 years Greencard

Mom's 2006 IR5

#4 alohaspirit

alohaspirit
  • Banned
  • 38 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:USCIS-Honolulu

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE(johnlolali @ Jan 11 2007, 08:27 PM)  
1.) who assigned Medical & Interview Schedule for IR5 was it NVC or US Embassy?

2.) After the NVC check all the necessary documents we send, whatís next?
Are we already waiting for the case to be completed?

1. NVC schedules both the medical & interview. K visas interviews are scheduled by the US Embassy unless otherwise.

2. Yes

3. Contact NVC or Dept of State at the numbers listed below my signature.

4. Where did she heard that from? The timeline of IR-5 are similar to CR-1/IR-1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users