Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 coupe

coupe
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trucks and Automobiles. Family, friends, pets. Good food, beer and wine. Philippines. Lots of interests.
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:56 AM

Hello everybody. I am sorta new here. I have a Filipino girlfriend/fiancé and we have a son that is now 16 months old. She lives in the Manila area. I have made 6 trips there since May of 2012, 2 of those trips I have made this year due to the schedule I have had. Her birthday is in May and our sons' birthday is in June. I have a daughter from a previous marriage that got married June 6th of this year so I flew to the Philippines in April, came home in May, flew back in June and back home to Canada in July this year. I got lucky getting 2 flights there this year at about $2100 CDN and that was thanks to the low oil prices. I guess I will have to recant my stories of these trips here later on sometime.

Last year when I went I got my Filipino drivers license. Driving on those streets is an experience. I did notice that there seems to be very few, if any, aggressive drivers there. Certainly I have not seen any road rage. I  have only seen 3 accidents on the road so far, but I am sure there had been more.

Anyways, that is my introduction. I will tell more if you want.

Dave C

I never claim to know it all and I am not the brightest bulb in the package but I am willing and able to learn.

#2 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:03 AM

Welcome Dave, good to have you on here, hope to see you post more, how long do you stay each time?. 

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#3 mark78

mark78
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Visa type:DCF
  • US Embassy Manila

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:12 AM

Welcome Dave,  stay off those roads!!!

#4 coupe

coupe
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trucks and Automobiles. Family, friends, pets. Good food, beer and wine. Philippines. Lots of interests.

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:43 AM

Welcome Dave, good to have you on here, hope to see you post more, how long do you stay each time?. 

I usually stay for a month, but I have stayed the 59 days twice so far. I am retired so I have options on going when I feel like it. I wanted to go this Christmas but my girlfriend said not to bother, it is too expensive. I still may go though. I really haven't made my mind up yet. I hear that they really go all out for Christmas so I would really like to see it for myself.

Dave C

Attached Files

I never claim to know it all and I am not the brightest bulb in the package but I am willing and able to learn.

#5 coupe

coupe
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:52 AM

Welcome Dave,  stay off those roads!!!

Why stay off the roads? I find it easier driving there than downtown Toronto.

Dave C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users