16 replies to this topic

#1 Hopeful

Hopeful
  • Members
  • 88 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • em

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:49 AM

My fiance suffers from bad menstrual cramps at times. When these happen the only thing that works is Buscopan. When she comes to the US and we marry, will she be able to get Buscopan here without a prescription?

If not, what can we do? Can her family back in the Philippines mail Buscopan to us? Can she mail me some before she comes here? Buscopan can be purchased over the counter in the Philippines. No prescription is needed there.

Also, once we marry I'll put her on my health insurance at work. Would her menstrual problems be considered a pre-existing condtion? Does anyone know how most health insurance plans work? Would this be an issue?

Any light anyone can shed on any of these things would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 lovelypinay

lovelypinay
  • Members
  • 406 posts
  • em

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:58 AM

menstrual cramp is normal...i also have menstrual cramps everytime i have my period but i never took a medicine for that...i dont want to depend on medicine coz i might be used to it...but i used heating pad...in a couple hours cramp is gone...regular exercise would be of help too...but if she really want to take medicine...what they use here in the US is midol...just give it a try that probably works for her!!!

-elaine-
IPB ImageIPB Image

there is no perfect world. no perfect life. no perfect man. only perfect logic that not having any of the three makes perfect sense.

what counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility.

#3 rhiadraiss

rhiadraiss
  • Members
  • 1,572 posts
  • Visa type:Removing Conditions
  • ca

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:48 AM

I have the same problem with your fiancee , mine is more worst everytime I'am on my period I suffered from lack of energy, sweating , nausea , and sharp pains in the lower abdomen, lower back and thighs. I am using Midol and it helps , but the sharp pains I always feel from my left leg and lower abdomen makes me suffer a lot, but after 4 days everything is OK back to normal again.

Many people said that Dysmenorrhea usually is less severe after a woman has had a baby .

#4 lovelypinay

lovelypinay
  • Members
  • 406 posts
  • em

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(rhiadraiss @ Oct 23 2006, 05:48 AM) View Post

I have the same problem with your fiancee , mine is more worst everytime I'am on my period I suffered from lack of energy, sweating , nausea , and sharp pains in the lower abdomen, lower back and thighs. I am using Midol and it helps , but the sharp pains I always feel from my left leg and lower abdomen makes me suffer a lot, but after 4 days everything is OK back to normal again.
Many people said that Dysmenorrhea usually is less severe after a woman has had a baby .

wow you have this painful feeling for 4 days??? thats quite long...probably regular excercise would be a great help!!!

-elaine-

IPB ImageIPB Image

there is no perfect world. no perfect life. no perfect man. only perfect logic that not having any of the three makes perfect sense.

what counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility.

#5 Ebyang

Ebyang
  • Members
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:Reading chic & sci fi books, spending weekend with my son, cooking, surfing the internet, reading news and current events.
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:43 PM

I use 220 MG Naproxen Sodium. Usually a tablet will do and they can be bought over the counter.

#6 rhiadraiss

rhiadraiss
  • Members
  • 1,572 posts
  • ca

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(lovelypinay @ Oct 23 2006, 03:37 PM) View Post

wow you have this painful feeling for 4 days??? thats quite long...probably regular excercise would be a great help!!!

-elaine-

Exercise wont help , coz I cant stand up that long and its really crazy.
BTW I thought BUSCOPAN is for hyper acidity,stomache and gas pain I never thought it was good for menstrual cramps .
When I was in Phils I am using MEFENAMIC ACID for the treatment of my Dysmenorrhea.

#7 lovelypinay

lovelypinay
  • Members
  • 406 posts
  • em

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(rhiadraiss @ Oct 23 2006, 01:49 PM) View Post

Exercise wont help , coz I cant stand up that long and its really crazy.
BTW I thought BUSCOPAN is for hyper acidity,stomache and gas pain I never thought it was good for menstrual cramps .
When I was in Phils I am using MEFENAMIC ACID for the treatment of my Dysmenorrhea.

what i mean is do it when you dont have cramps...

-elaine-

IPB ImageIPB Image

#8 Hopeful

Hopeful
  • Members
  • 88 posts
  • em

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE(rhiadraiss @ Oct 23 2006, 01:49 PM) View Post

Hi, I guess my fiance has real bad Dsymenorrhea. She almost can't stand it sometimes. When she is like that, Buscopan is the only thing that really helps her a lot. Now she's worried if she can get it here. I found the following on a site about Buscopan. It mentions using it for menstrual pains:

"Strong menstrual pain can be effectively treated with an antispasmodic (to relieve painful cramps of the surrounding abdominal organs) in combination with an analgesic (to relieve the pain). Buscopan® Plus offers exactly this combination, to provide fast and effective relief from menstrual pain. ... Buscopan Plus® has a dual effect. Paracetamol, a proven analgesic, reduces the pain of uterine cramps. At the same time, Butylscopolamine relieves the painful cramps of the colon and intestine that often accompany menstrual pain. In this way, Buscopan® Plus quickly and effectively relieves the pain of menstrual cramps, without interfering in the body's natural menstrual rhythm."

I'm thinking it might not be available over the counter in the US. What would happen if we brought it with us or mailed some to my address? Would we get in trouble? Maybe I can have her doctor there (before she leaves the Philippines) write a prescription or note so she is allowed to have it?

#9 rhiadraiss

rhiadraiss
  • Members
  • 1,572 posts
  • ca

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE(lovelypinay @ Oct 24 2006, 02:33 AM) View Post

what i mean is do it when you dont have cramps...

-elaine-

I have a my regular exercise 3x a week /30 mins ...uhmmmmm I think its not yet enough hehehehe.
I just get confused lately because I never experience this before blink.gif ...oh my goodness it was really hard to be a girl hehehehe... thanks elaine

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Oct 24 2006, 05:42 AM) View Post

I'm thinking it might not be available over the counter in the US. What would happen if we brought it with us or mailed some to my address? Would we get in trouble? Maybe I can have her doctor there (before she leaves the Philippines) write a prescription or note so she is allowed to have it?

Hi , I think she can bring some medicine too.

#10 Mrs_Tee

Mrs_Tee
  • Members
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, eating, and traveling.
  • Visa type:IR-1
  • te

Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:37 PM

I use MIDOL whenever I have my period. I can't live without it. -- Mrs_Tee

#11 davofelia

davofelia
  • Members
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:reading, gardening, cooking, singing, traveling & adventuring, surfing the net, etc.
  • te

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Oct 23 2006, 05:49 AM) View Post

My fiance suffers from bad menstrual cramps at times. When these happen the only thing that works is Buscopan. When she comes to the US and we marry, will she be able to get Buscopan here without a prescription?

If not, what can we do? Can her family back in the Philippines mail Buscopan to us? Can she mail me some before she comes here? Buscopan can be purchased over the counter in the Philippines. No prescription is needed there.

Also, once we marry I'll put her on my health insurance at work. Would her menstrual problems be considered a pre-existing condtion? Does anyone know how most health insurance plans work? Would this be an issue?

Hi Hopeful, I know of a certain product that can eventually help your fiancee. Me too had bad menstrual cramps / dysmenorrhea many years ago and I have to be absent from work each time I had my period.

But thanks to Aloe Vera Gel that helps me get rid of it until this time. Truly it does wonders as aloe vera is considered a miracle healing plant. Its a juice being extracted from a fresh aloe vera leaf which belongs to Lily family like onions and garlic (medicinal /vegetable /edible kind of aloe plant as there's also aloe vera which belongs to cactus family. cactus is poisonous and for for external use only. Its a big relief and a big help indeed. It has no known side effects, with satisfaction garante and has been proven effective. smile.gif

I have recommended it to friends and family members and it works wonders indeed. It cleanse the system, nourish the body and so, we all become healthy and free of any disease or discomforts inside our body. Aloe Vera Gel is recommneded to all of us who are health conscious and are apt to alternative medicine ot natural remedy.

Things to ponder:
Healthy = heal ~ thy. Our body has the capacity to heal itself. When? when we have a strong immune system. Disease = Dis ~ ease. We have discomforts inside our body already, hence we are not as ease anymore as we experience pain, cramps or sickness, etc. inside our body.

Please contact me if you're or if anyone here is interested for more info at bukspedres62@yahoo.com. You can avail it there in USA and I can sponsor you in the company thru website so you can also avail a distributor's price. smile.gif I guess your fiancee may have an idea about Aloe Vera Gel here in R.P.? God bless! ~ Ofelia smile.gif

http://www.buksleamon3.cieaura.com

http://www.facebook....359559730784916

AOS Timeline:
05/29/07 ~ AOS & EAD Package sent
05/31/07 ~ Package received
06/08/07 ~ NOA1 received dated 06/05/07
06/14/07 ~ ASC Appointment Notice received dated 06/11/07
06/26/07 ~ Biometrics appointment done @ USCIS Field Office, Memphis City
08/07/07 ~ Case transferred to CSC
08/09/07 ~ Card production for EAD
08/15/07 ~ Touched: AOS still in process
08-17-07 ~ Approval notice for EAD
08-18-07 ~ Employment card received
08-20-07 ~ Touched
09-04-07 ~ Card production ordered (No more Interview)
09-07-07 ~ Received welcome notice by mail
09-10-07 ~ Received Green Card > God is soooooo good!
Removal of Conditions Timeline:
08/07/09 ~ I-751 package sent to USCIS-VSC via UPS
08/10/09 ~ package received as per UPS
08/15/09 ~ NOA received dated 08/10/09 (GC extended for 1 yr)
09/12/09 ~ Biometrics appointment-done
12/18/09 ~ Approval notice received by mail (No RFE & No more interview)
01/01/10 ~ Received my 10-yr green card > God is good all the time! So grateful!
US Citizenship Timeline:
06/20/12 ~ Mailed N-400 to USCIS Texas via USPS
06/21/12 ~ Application rec'd by USCIS office
06/26/12 ~ Check debited from my account c/o online banking
06/28/12 ~ NOA(Form I-797C) received dated 6/22/12(Receipt & Priority date 6/21/12)
06/29/12 ~ NOA(Form I-797C) received dated 06/27/12 (Biometrics Notification)
07/16/12 ~ Biometrics appointment-done
09/18/12 ~ Interview-done "Thank you, LORD!"

12/08/12 ~ Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony (Form N-445) received dated 11/27/12

12/20/12 ~ Oath Ceremony > Non Nobis Domine! :)

#12 mocca

mocca
  • 534 posts
  • te

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:19 AM

hi i used to work in mercury drug store for more than 5 years, actually here in the philippines even if the medicines needed prescription you can buy it. well if i tell why it would be long discussion. if you want to be sure it is better to ask the pharmacist in the us if they have the same generic with the buscopan

Medicine are the same only the manufacturer and the brand name have the difference
if you have the same generic name, the dosage ( lucky if the same manufacturer) then
its the same medicine, Since the Pharma company of buscopan is multinational i am sure
you have that too in the usa. what i am not sure of if we have the same brand name.

hope it helps

#13 angelnoah

angelnoah
  • 259 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ve
  • Local Office:Baltimore

Posted 02 December 2006 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Oct 22 2006, 09:49 PM) View Post

I suffer not menstrual cramps but bad headaches ever since I was in the Phils. until now. I have my own medicines for those which were prescribed to me in the Phils. I got a lot when I came here in the US but I am now running low on it. We tried to ask the drug store here in the US if they have that kind of meds, and they said they have but they needed a doctor's prescription for that. I didn't have my doctor's prescription anymore and I can buy it over the counter in the Phils. I forgot to ask if they accept a doctor's prescription from the Phils.

I guess once ur fiance gets here, she can have her regular check up with a doctor here in the US using your health insurance, then, perhaps, she can ask the advice from her US doctor if she can use Buscopan (if available here in the US). Meantime, just let her get Buscopan enough for her to use until she can be able to have her health insurance.

She can perhaps order Buscopan from the Phils, but it might get stuck in the Customs. It takes time before it could be released or never would ever be released at all! sad.gif ...

Why not try ask the drug store here in the US if Buscopan is available, and if they don't need prescription? Or else, if they need prescription, ask them if they will accept a doctor's prescription from the Phils, and if they do, then u can request your fiance to get a doctor's prescription from the Phils. By the time she comes here, no more hassles... smile.gif

#14 babyjet

babyjet
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • ca

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:37 AM

Tell your fiance to try using Excedrin Extra Strength. It relieves premenstrual and menstrual cramps, muscular aches, toothache, headache and such. It takes about 15 minutes for the medicine to kick in.

#15 tweetums

tweetums
  • Members
  • 177 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:philippines

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:18 PM

Hello Hopeful,

I too a victim of dysmenorrhea everytime i do have my montly period it always present.... if you cant get any medicine, what i did was hot compress! but sad to say---- i thought it was just normal and recently i had my surgery because i had endometriosist cyst on my right ovary... If i were you.. ask her to see a gynecologist to check her that way she will be prescribe for exact medicine for her pain... I just learned that theres a certain reason why we have dysmenorrhea... Ask her if she still have her dysmenorrhea before and after her menstration.. if so you need to see the doctor for her! Another thing, regular excercise will help before her menstration... drink alot of fluids! its not good also that your fiancee is dependant with the drug she's been taken... have a nice day and God bless! tweetums

#16 'my_destiny'

'my_destiny'
  • Members
  • 1,214 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:35 AM

Everytime I had my period. I really suffered a lot and cant move. Just to lay down on my bed the whole day. I really complaint about it a lot sad.gif sad.gif . Then when I visit my gynecolgist, she always check or asked me if my lower back hurts a lot. Then I found out that I have retroverted cervix that is why I have always sever dysmenorrhea so she told me to do some exercise. I still have a bit pain now but not as painful as before. I also noticed that if it is not really heavy on my 1st and 2nd day, talagang masakit puson ko. but if it is heavy flow, maginhawa pakiramdam ko.

I know that guys cant feel how some girls really suffer during monthly period. Im just happy that my fiance is always ready to hear me about the pain.

#17 fepsimark

fepsimark
  • Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Interests:If you need a legitimate work at home job, email me at admission@comsvctech.com

Fepsi
  • Texas
  • Local Office:Fairfax VA

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE(my_destiny @ Dec 11 2006, 05:35 AM) View Post

Everytime I had my period. I really suffered a lot and cant move. Just to lay down on my bed the whole day. I really complaint about it a lot sad.gif sad.gif . Then when I visit my gynecolgist, she always check or asked me if my lower back hurts a lot. Then I found out that I have retroverted cervix that is why I have always sever dysmenorrhea so she told me to do some exercise. I still have a bit pain now but not as painful as before. I also noticed that if it is not really heavy on my 1st and 2nd day, talagang masakit puson ko. but if it is heavy flow, maginhawa pakiramdam ko.

I know that guys cant feel how some girls really suffer during monthly period. Im just happy that my fiance is always ready to hear me about the pain.

HELLO GANDA,

WE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON. STRANGE!! LAGI AKO HALF-DAY SA WORK KO DATI SA PINAS KPAG UNEXPECTED ANG 1ST DAY NG MONTHLY PERIOD KO. MINSAN NGA HINIHIMATAY PA AKO. NRANSAN KO NUNG TUMUNTONG AKO NG AGE 30 HAHAHAHHA. (GURANG NA KC) PRA AKONG NAGLILIHI, AYOKO AMOY NG BAWANG, ISDA, OR MABAHO. I TRIED MIDOL BEFORE, IT WORKS PERO DONT WANT TO GET USED TO IT SO I STOPPED TAKING MEDICINES. HIGA NA LANG MAGHAPON THEN 2ND DAY BACK TO NORMAL ULIT. NORMAL LANG ATA SA MGA BABAE UN. BHIRA LANG ANG HINDI GANUN ANG FEELING DURING 1ST DAY NG MONTHLY PERIOD.
yeah, i heard after giving birth ng baby nagiging better ang klagayan ng babae. less pain mostly kpag monthly period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users