#1 thedreamcatcher89

thedreamcatcher89
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

Hi everyone.

I just had my interview last September 19. I was devastated when after I was interviewed by the consul, I went to a different window and he gave me a white paper slip and told me that I have to go to Pasay and pay for the Cenomar Reverification.

I am so sad and worried about everything. I have my flight booked going to the USA on Oct 10. Thinking that everything would be fine because I had all of the documents at the interview. The american consul didn't even ask for the pictures, phone, chat, video and voice logs, western union stuff, etc.

I called NSO last tuesday and they said that the document was delivered last friday of sep 21st.

Anybody knows how long this would take? The last guy that I talked to on the last window said that when they received the document they will deliver the visa and that I should just wait. However I have been all over the internet about it since then and I have read really horrible stories.

I havent been married. Im 22 years old. My fiance spent 14 days with me together last year of october. He has a very stable job, owns his own house, no kids, just been divorce once but that was a long time ago. I thought that our case is very simple and complications. Thats why I was so shocked when the consul asked for a reverifcation of my CENOMAR.

I am so scared that I might not be able to get on that flight cause of my visa.

My few questions:

How long do you guys think this will take?
You think I could call them and if the visa is approved, I could just pick up my visa from the embassy?
I did my guidance and counseling at CFO already. I only need to go back there for the sticker.
I passed my medical exam also.

Please share your thoughts and enlightenment.

Thank you so much everyone. And I am a newbie here.

#2 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,540 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

Dreamcatcher:

What was wrong with your first CERNOMAR? Was it more than 6 months old?

It normally takes about 3 weeks for the Embassy to release the passport and visa package after receiving requested documents.

Ordering plane tickets before you had your visa was contrary to all advice normally given here.

--Ray B

Hi everyone.

I just had my interview last September 19. I was devastated when after I was interviewed by the consul, I went to a different window and he gave me a white paper slip and told me that I have to go to Pasay and pay for the Cenomar Reverification.

I am so sad and worried about everything. I have my flight booked going to the USA on Oct 10. Thinking that everything would be fine because I had all of the documents at the interview. The american consul didn't even ask for the pictures, phone, chat, video and voice logs, western union stuff, etc.

I called NSO last tuesday and they said that the document was delivered last friday of sep 21st.

Anybody knows how long this would take? The last guy that I talked to on the last window said that when they received the document they will deliver the visa and that I should just wait. However I have been all over the internet about it since then and I have read really horrible stories.

I havent been married. Im 22 years old. My fiance spent 14 days with me together last year of october. He has a very stable job, owns his own house, no kids, just been divorce once but that was a long time ago. I thought that our case is very simple and complications. Thats why I was so shocked when the consul asked for a reverifcation of my CENOMAR.

My few questions:

You think I could call them and if the visa is approved, I could just pick up my visa from the embassy?
I did my guidance and counseling at CFO already. I only need to go back there for the sticker.

#3 way-to-go

way-to-go
  • 1,217 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo
  • Local Office:Portland Office

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

Hi everyone.

My few questions:

I notice recently in another forum that US Consuls in US Embassy Manila put applicants on AR due to CENOMAR Reverification. I think because of the counterfeit CENOMARS, they want to verify if indeed your document is authentic. Don't worry about it, the ones that went through the Reverification eventually received their visas.

Edited by way-to-go, 30 September 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#4 thedreamcatcher89

thedreamcatcher89
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • ca

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

Thank you for both replies.

@rbacon My Cenomar is not old at all. It was only few weeks old! :(
I know that ordering tickets is a bad idea but we thought things would be fine. We overlooked everything. :( Now I am deathly worried that my visa might get denied.

@waytogo thank you for the reply. It gave me a slight relief.

Do you guys think its a good idea to call the embassy first thing tomorrow morning? Monday morning?

3 weeks seem to be a really long time :( So, Im thinking that I wont be able to get my visa before my flight then? :( *sigh

#5 way-to-go

way-to-go
  • 1,217 posts
  • lo

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

Thank you for both replies.

@rbacon My Cenomar is not old at all. It was only few weeks old! :(
I know that ordering tickets is a bad idea but we thought things would be fine. We overlooked everything. :( Now I am deathly worried that my visa might get denied.

@waytogo thank you for the reply. It gave me a slight relief.

Do you guys think its a good idea to call the embassy first thing tomorrow morning? Monday morning?

3 weeks seem to be a really long time :( So, Im thinking that I wont be able to get my visa before my flight then? :( *sigh

Go ahead & give them a call.

#6 thedreamcatcher89

thedreamcatcher89
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • ca

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

I just gave them a call and the lady that I spoke with told me that everything in my visa is "okay". What does that mean? I asked her if that means its approved she said I cant really guarantee. Its soooooooo frustrating! What do you guys think? You think its approved?

She said that my visa is on final processing and I should call back on Friday. :(

My flight is on OCt 10. Is there any chance that I can still get on that flight?

I asked the woman at the embassy if I could just pick up my visa right there, she said they don't do pick ups there. That I should just make arrangements to the courier.

How many days do you guys think it will take from the embassy to the courier (If I just pick it up right in Manila) will it take?

Please enlighten me on this. This has been so frustrating :(

Thank you once again and God bless us all.

#7 thedreamcatcher89

thedreamcatcher89
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • ca

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

I have talked to 2go courier. The girl on the phone told me that when they get a go signal from the embassy that its ok for them to give me my visa on pick up, I can pick it up the same day or the next. Thats if I pick it up right at the branch where the embassy first hands them (at pasay).

Have you guys heard any of this?

#8 way-to-go

way-to-go
  • 1,217 posts
  • lo

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

I have talked to 2go courier. The girl on the phone told me that when they get a go signal from the embassy that its ok for them to give me my visa on pick up, I can pick it up the same day or the next. Thats if I pick it up right at the branch where the embassy first hands them (at pasay).

Have you guys heard any of this?

Yes, I've heard of applicants that made such arrangements with 2go.

#9 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,045 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

Call back on Friday like the lady told you. It sounds like everything will be fine. That still don't mean you'll make that Oct.10Th flight but theres still a chance.Keep us updated.Good luck.

#10 thedreamcatcher89

thedreamcatcher89
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • ca

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

@ Hawk....yeah. My fiance told me its such a big gamble. I have been reading threads after threads about K1 visa applications. Everything went smoothly right up until the interview when the consul asked for a re verification of my CENOMAR.

#11 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,701 posts
  • lo

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

There is a fair chance that your visa will be released on Friday, by the sounds of things.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#12 thedreamcatcher89

thedreamcatcher89
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • ca

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

I called the embassy for 3 days straight. The woman that I spoke with said that they received my CENOMAR Sep 24 and a consul looked at my visa case OCT 1! (monday) :angry:

ANd that my visa was then printed wednesday and today is friday. She said that they mgiht be able to release my visa this afternoon because it takes average of 2 days to release visas after printing.

The change of mode of delivery of my visa from home delivery to a pick up location was done through email. Have you guys heard any of this? The woman that I spoke on the phone makes it sound so easy. Im kinda suspicious :( I dont know, maybe Im overly freaking out. She said to call 2go tomorrow morning (saturday) and they will tell you if its ready for pick up. I asked them to send it to 2go branch right in SM Manila so its really close to the embassy.

I realy want to catch that Oct 10 flight. ..

#13 JLW36

JLW36

GeorgiaOnMyMind

• 750 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:Atlanta, Georgia

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

I hope that you won't miss your flight that is so frustrating but as they always said don't booked a flight not until the visa is in your hands, After my daughter interview last August 15, I have waited until she have told me that her visa was already delivered and that's the only time I booked her flight to the US. Goodluck and I hope your get your visa asap before the 10th. I knew of someone here pick up her visa in 2go branch somewhere in Mall of Asia, her username is K1.

Edited by JLW36, 05 October 2012 - 07:05 AM.

My Daugther's IR2 Visa Timeline

October 03-2011-Sent the Application for I-130 Package
October 07-Received USCIS acceptance of Application by e-mail
October 12, 2011-Received Notice of Action by Mail
April 27,2012-Finally Petition is approved!
May 3,2012-Received NOA 2 in the mail
May 29,2012-NVC assigned Manila Case Number MNL2012XXXXXX
May 30,2012-Assigned myself as the Choice of Agent for (DS3032)
June 3,2012-Received and Paid AOS Bill Invoice Bill
June 7,2012-Registered as The Choice of agent
June 7,2012-Receieved and Paid Immigrant Visa Application Bill Invoice
June 10,2012-Complete/signed forms DS230, Affidavit of Support I-864, I-864A
June 26,2012-Mailed all required documents to NVC
July 11,2012-NVC Case Complete!
Aug 6 & 7 - Medical Schedule
Aug 15 - Interview Appointment @ 6:15AM
Aug 15 - Interview Approved.
Aug 23 - Visa/Packet Received
Oct 15 - Bound for PI to pick her up.
October 31, 2012 - Our(POE)Atlanta, Ga.

November 12, 2012- She got her 10 years Greencard

N-400 (U.S Citizenship)
March 08,2011-Mailed package Application for U.S Citizenship
March 17-Receipt Notice (Form I-797C)Received by E-mail
March 21-Recieved I-797C by mail
April 12-Biometrics @ 8AM
August 4-Interview @ 8:40AM. Interview & Oath taking the same day.

I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence
June 01,2009-Submit my application (VSC)
June 12-Received NOA 1
June 19-Received Biometrics Appointment
July 08-Biometrics Schedule
Oct 25-Request for the removal of condition approved
Oct 29-Production of the new card
Nov 07-Got my 10 years Greencard

Mom's 2006 IR5

#14 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,045 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Looks like you'll make your flight after all, you got lucky. Congrats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users