3 replies to this topic

#1 FieryMary

FieryMary
  • Members
  • 162 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Hello! I would just like to ask what health reasons or conditions that can cause a visa denial?
I have read here many, many moons ago that there are health conditions that cause this?
Anyone know about this? Please enlighten me. I have been having problems with my thyroid and I just want to know if this can affect our VISA application.
We are planning a CR-1 Visa. Thank you very much!

#2 FieryMary

FieryMary
  • Members
  • 162 posts
  • em

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hey Mods! I didn't read through the forum topics. Could somebody help me move this to the Administrative Review and Visa Denials section? Thanks!

#3 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,684 posts
  • lo

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

http://www.cdc.gov/i...ion-faqs.html#5

What are the communicable diseases of public health significance that would cause an applicant to fail a medical examination or be inadmissible?

Communicable diseases of public health significance include—

* Tuberculosis
* Syphilis
* Chancroid
* Gonorrhea
* Granuloma Inguinale
* Lymphogranuloma Venereum
* Hansen's Disease (Leprosy)

And the following two disease categories--

* Quarantinable diseases designated by any Presidential Executive Order. Current diseases include: cholera, diphtheria, infectious tuberculosis, plague, smallpox, yellow fever, viral hemorrhagic fevers, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), and influenza caused by novel or re-emergent influenza (pandemic flu).
* Events that are reportable as a public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC) to the World Health Organization (WHO) under the International Health Regulations (IHR) of 2005 (currently polio, smallpox, SARS, influenza, and other public health emergencies of international concern.)

Some health-related waivers may be available for these diseases. For general information concerning the role that the CDC plays in the waiver process, you may visit our website. Additional information concerning Form I-601, the waiver application, and the requirements is located on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) websiteExternal Web Site Icon.

Note that with TB it is the Active form that makes a person inadmissible. If that is found the person generally undergoes treatment for around 6 months and then it goes passive and they are admissible.

Edited by MrkGrismer, 18 April 2012 - 02:20 PM.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#4 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,505 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

Mary,

In addition to Mark's citations below about communicable diseases, the following might also result in a medical exam failure, or a denial based on medical exam processing:

1. Evidence of illegal drug use;
2. Evidence of mental illness (probably only if an assessment by a professional suggests possible danger to self or others);
3. Evidence of self-mutilation (usually associated with suicide attempts).

--Ray B

Hello! I would just like to ask what health reasons or conditions that can cause a visa denial?
I have read here many, many moons ago that there are health conditions that cause this?
Anyone know about this? Please enlighten me. I have been having problems with my thyroid and I just want to know if this can affect our VISA application.
We are planning a CR-1 Visa. Thank you very much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users