9 replies to this topic

#1 sweet_pinay

sweet_pinay
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

hello Stuff in WOF i just wanna ask how long to get social security number, just married Oct. 18 just confuse what next to do after marriage can you guys can give some advice ?

Thanks in advance who welling to give their own advice

jen
******Our time line******

(^_^)___(^_^)

October 18, 2010 : Started talking in computer every day
November 18, 2010 : I Recieve flowers i'm so surprice he never told anything that he send a gift, i'm verry happy at that time
November 30, 2010 : Meet in person at Davao airport
December 3 , 2010 : Meet my family

December 4, 2010 : He propose to marry
December 7, 2010 : Went to CDO to meet my sister ,spending time at the beach and to catch crabs and shells
December 16,2010 : Went back to Davao
December 18,2010 : Engagement party
December 20, 2010 : Leaving in Davao going to Manila
December 21, 2010 : Back to U.S
January 28,2011 : Sent letters to USCIS
February 4, 2011 : NOA1 Receipt
February 14, 2011 : Surprise again i receive flowers from my honey a very lovely red roses
March 16, 2011 :I receive Card from my honey bug with 470 philippine peso ^_^
May 16,2011 : they send our NOA2 yahoo.. APPROVE! yay ^_^
May 24, 2011 : Recieve letter again and its our MNL case number Woooooooooo.(^_^)
June after period going to manila for my medical lol
July 5, 2011 ....... Interiew
july 4,2011 : vaccine, its four shot.they wont issue my Cd unless if i took sputum sisghh... delay interview..
July 5, 2011 : Sputum 5,6,7 got the sputum result its negative wait for 2 months for culture.
july 6, 2011 : Done my CFO
September 2 2011 : Call to st.luke for the result hope its a birth day gift i can get the result on sept. 2 :)
September 19, 2011 : Went back to manila to get my CD at st.luke
September 22,2011 : Iinterview ........Visa Approve[/color
October 2011 .......Receive my pocket
October 2011.... CFO stamp done!
October 11 2011 ... arrive in the U.S.A finally spending my honey already ^_^
October 18,2011 ...My wedding day!

November 12,2011..... Receive my SSN Number Card

****Where both happy now and waiting to be together again****

#2 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,661 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

hello Stuff in WOF i just wanna ask how long to get social security number, just married Oct. 18 just confuse what next to do after marriage can you guys can give some advice ?

jen

As long as you apply in your maiden name as it appears on your I-94 more than 14 days after you enter the U.S. and more than 10 days before your I-94 expires it should take about 10 days to get your ssn.

Unless you get a clerk that is clueless about K-1s.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#3 sweet_pinay

sweet_pinay
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • ca

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

As long as you apply in your maiden name as it appears on your I-94 more than 14 days after you enter the U.S. and more than 10 days before your I-94 expires it should take about 10 days to get your ssn.

Unless you get a clerk that is clueless about K-1s.

thanks MrkGrismer my husband called the social security office but he was told i needed a working permit from immigration
is this clerk clueless or is she right?

(^_^)___(^_^)

November 18, 2010 : I Recieve flowers i'm so surprice he never told anything that he send a gift, i'm verry happy at that time

December 7, 2010 : Went to CDO to meet my sister ,spending time at the beach and to catch crabs and shells
February 14, 2011 : Surprise again i receive flowers from my honey a very lovely red roses
May 24, 2011 : Recieve letter again and its our MNL case number Woooooooooo.(^_^)
july 4,2011 : vaccine, its four shot.they wont issue my Cd unless if i took sputum sisghh... delay interview..
July 5, 2011 : Sputum 5,6,7 got the sputum result its negative wait for 2 months for culture.
September 2 2011 : Call to st.luke for the result hope its a birth day gift i can get the result on sept. 2 :)

#4 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,661 posts
  • lo

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

thanks MrkGrismer my husband called the social security office but he was told i needed a working permit from immigration
is this clerk clueless or is she right?

That would be clueless. Print out this page and take it with you when you go: http://www.ssa.gov/s...o-a-n-documents

Highlight:

Work eligibility

In general, only noncitizens who have permission to work from DHS can apply for a Social Security number. For most foreign workers, we only need to see an I-94, Arrival/Departure Record,showing a class of admission permitting work. Some foreign workers must show their work permits from DHS (I-766).

Also print out: http://www.ssa.gov/i...ration/visa.htm

and highlight the K-1 row.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#5 cfrazer

cfrazer
  • 319 posts
  • ca

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:33 AM

jen

First of all, congratulations to you! My wife has been here 5 months but it seems like yesterday we were doing what you are doing now. Per advice from here we got the SS card in her maiden name before we got married (about a month after she got here) We are waiting till after AOS to get that changed to her married name which was also suggested here. We were slow to get the civil surgeon thing done but we did that next--hers was a bit complicated since she failed the tb thing at St Lukes. If you get antsy you can start putting together your AOS packet, to get your EAD--I wish I had started that sooner also. After that you get a couple NOA's then your biometrics appointment. That's all the farther ahead of you that I am. My wife can work since she has the NOA and reciept number but she is not yet. My understanding is we may get the EAD in the mail any time and I guess the next thing is an appointment for the interview. Also, if you plan on doing any job that requires fingerprinting I would suggest you do that early also as it takes like 6 weeks to get the card at least here in AZ.

Good luck to you!

Chris
Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Manilla, Philipines
I-129F Sent : 2010-07-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-27
I-129F NOA2 : 2010-12-02
Got MNL# : 2010-12-14
Made appt for interview : 2010-12-28; interview date: 2011-1-18
Medical Appt at St Lukes : 2010-1-11 SPIT HITS THE FAN!
******Sputum test ordered featuring an 8 week culture.
Sputum test : 2011-1-17,18,19 all 3 negative.
Pulmonary evaluation : 2011-1-21
******Told to call back Mar. 18. The wait continues.
Mar. 18, 2011 culture negative; cleared to interview.
Called and made appt., April 12 interview date.
April 12, 2011 - PASSED INTERVIEW! Thank you God!
April 25, 2011 - Visa Packet delivered
April 26, 2011 - took CFO seminar, got sticker, plane ticket
May 2, 2011 she arrives at 11:55pm here in Phoenix.
May 31, 2011 got SS card in maiden name.
June 7 - got married!
Sept. 19 they got our AOS packet
Sept 29th got NOA for AOS and EAD
Sept. 12- walked in a week early and got biometrics
Dec. 1 - got EAD card in the mail
Dec. 13 - AOS interview, surprised how easy it was
Dec. 19 - got SS card put changed to her married name

#6 sweet_pinay

sweet_pinay
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • ca

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

First of all, congratulations to you! My wife has been here 5 months but it seems like yesterday we were doing what you are doing now. Per advice from here we got the SS card in her maiden name before we got married (about a month after she got here) We are waiting till after AOS to get that changed to her married name which was also suggested here. We were slow to get the civil surgeon thing done but we did that next--hers was a bit complicated since she failed the tb thing at St Lukes. If you get antsy you can start putting together your AOS packet, to get your EAD--I wish I had started that sooner also. After that you get a couple NOA's then your biometrics appointment. That's all the farther ahead of you that I am. My wife can work since she has the NOA and reciept number but she is not yet. My understanding is we may get the EAD in the mail any time and I guess the next thing is an appointment for the interview. Also, if you plan on doing any job that requires fingerprinting I would suggest you do that early also as it takes like 6 weeks to get the card at least here in AZ.

Good luck to you!

Chris

thanks cfrazer my husband he said to file later for the adjustment of status co'z he want me to learn about driving and i had my drivers license from Philippines and i can use that for practiced here he said if my status is change my drivers silence is no valid at all and i need to take driving taste , is there any expiration of adjustment of status? my husband he don't want me to go to work co'z he want me to go to school first.

(^_^)___(^_^)

#7 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,661 posts
  • lo

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

thanks cfrazer my husband he said to file later for the adjustment of status co'z he want me to learn about driving and i had my drivers license from Philippines and i can use that for practiced here he said if my status is change my drivers silence is no valid at all and i need to take driving taste , is there any expiration of adjustment of status? my husband he don't want me to go to work co'z he want me to go to school first.

Your status doesn't matter for the driver license, your Phil license is good for 90 days, after that you need to get one from your state. There is no reason to delay the Adjustment of Status for that.

#8 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Moderators
  • 3,010 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:06 AM

Your status doesn't matter for the driver license, your Phil license is good for 90 days, after that you need to get one from your state. There is no reason to delay the Adjustment of Status for that.

In fact delaying the AOS will have the opposite effect from what your husband wants. Your Philippine license is good for 90 days, then you will need to wait for your greencard before you can get a US driver's license. So the longer you delay the AOS, the longer you will be without a valid driver's license.

The adventure continues
Fritz
May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#9 sweet_pinay

sweet_pinay
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • ca

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:58 PM

In fact delaying the AOS will have the opposite effect from what your husband wants. Your Philippine license is good for 90 days, then you will need to wait for your greencard before you can get a US driver's license. So the longer you delay the AOS, the longer you will be without a valid driver's license.

The adventure continues
Fritz

thanks fritz yesterday we went to the Office to apply my SSN and its said need to wait 2 weeks so by nov. 5 need to call them back if have my number already :)

(^_^)___(^_^)

#10 Pilot Mike

Pilot Mike
  • 872 posts
  • ve

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

jen

We got our SSN the same day we applied which was the week after arrival. Granted it was only a printout, the actual card arrived as Mark said in about 10 days.

Mike
My OCD has ADD and the voices in my head are speaking Polish....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users