• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Katherine Pierce

Katherine Pierce
  • 939 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • te

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

My (green) Philippine passport expired in August this year and I'm planning to go to the Philippine Consulate in Atlanta, GA to renew. I just have some questions to those who have already renewed their Philippine passport or to whoever knows the answers:

1. On the right hand side of the Philippine embassy website, there's a passport amendment form. I'm wondering if I need to file this too, and what it's for. [edit: ignore]

2. Since I'm renewing, I prefer to renew my Philippine passport in my married name. Can I file for the report of marriage at the same time that I'm renewing my passport, this way I could file the renewal in my married name?

3. My sister is flying to the Philippines. And although her passport does not expire until 2012, she'd like to renew her passport at the same time that I'm renewing mine. She told me that the last time she flew to the Philippine with her old passport, she was asked a lot of questions at the Hong Kong airport due to her passport name different from the name on her ticket. To avoid the same scenario, she wants her passport renewed in her married name before she flies.

4. She has a son flying with her, who will be a year old by the time they fly to Philippines. What passport should she get him? Any other paper he might need?

Thank you!

Edited by Ginger, 12 October 2011 - 02:47 AM.

The whole part of being civilized is being able to control one's emotions when someone says something that they dont like.

#2 arnie&maricel

arnie&maricel
  • Members
  • 201 posts
  • Visa type:IR-1
  • te
  • Local Office:Houston

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

You can do the report of marriage at the same time to renew your passport, however the report of marriage has to be done at the consulate that is for your residence address in the USA. My wife just did her passport renewal at the Seattle Philippine Consulate outreach, and they were doing everything there that the consulate does.

#3 JLW36

JLW36

GeorgiaOnMyMind

• 750 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:Atlanta, Georgia

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

My (green) Philippine passport expired in August this year and I'm planning to go to the Philippine Consulate in Atlanta, GA to renew. I just have some questions to those who have already renewed their Philippine passport or to whoever knows the answers:

1. On the right hand side of the Philippine embassy website, there's a passport amendment form. I'm wondering if I need to file this too, and what it's for. [edit: ignore]

2. Since I'm renewing, I prefer to renew my Philippine passport in my married name. Can I file for the report of marriage at the same time that I'm renewing my passport, this way I could file the renewal in my married name?

3. My sister is flying to the Philippines. And although her passport does not expire until 2012, she'd like to renew her passport at the same time that I'm renewing mine. She told me that the last time she flew to the Philippine with her old passport, she was asked a lot of questions at the Hong Kong airport due to her passport name different from the name on her ticket. To avoid the same scenario, she wants her passport renewed in her married name before she flies.

4. She has a son flying with her, who will be a year old by the time they fly to Philippines. What passport should she get him? Any other paper he might need?

Thank you!

Before I got my U.S Citizenship. I renewed my Philippine passport and report of marriage and I am from Atlanta, Georgia. however, me and one of my filipina friend here flew all the way to Washington, D.C in 2009 to renew it not unless the Philippines Consulate will be having an outreach program here in Atlanta, Ga. you might be able to renew it here by appointments. April of this year my mom was able to renew her Philippine Passport here in Atlanta because an outreach program was held. I've learn that they do the outreach program every 2 years. Report of marriage abroad is a part for renewing a passport.

Edited by JLW36, 25 November 2011 - 07:15 PM.

My Daugther's IR2 Visa Timeline

October 03-2011-Sent the Application for I-130 Package
October 07-Received USCIS acceptance of Application by e-mail
October 12, 2011-Received Notice of Action by Mail
April 27,2012-Finally Petition is approved!
May 3,2012-Received NOA 2 in the mail
May 29,2012-NVC assigned Manila Case Number MNL2012XXXXXX
May 30,2012-Assigned myself as the Choice of Agent for (DS3032)
June 3,2012-Received and Paid AOS Bill Invoice Bill
June 7,2012-Registered as The Choice of agent
June 7,2012-Receieved and Paid Immigrant Visa Application Bill Invoice
June 10,2012-Complete/signed forms DS230, Affidavit of Support I-864, I-864A
June 26,2012-Mailed all required documents to NVC
July 11,2012-NVC Case Complete!
Aug 6 & 7 - Medical Schedule
Aug 15 - Interview Appointment @ 6:15AM
Aug 15 - Interview Approved.
Aug 23 - Visa/Packet Received
Oct 15 - Bound for PI to pick her up.
October 31, 2012 - Our(POE)Atlanta, Ga.

November 12, 2012- She got her 10 years Greencard

N-400 (U.S Citizenship)
March 08,2011-Mailed package Application for U.S Citizenship
March 17-Receipt Notice (Form I-797C)Received by E-mail
March 21-Recieved I-797C by mail
April 12-Biometrics @ 8AM
August 4-Interview @ 8:40AM. Interview & Oath taking the same day.

I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence
June 01,2009-Submit my application (VSC)
June 12-Received NOA 1
June 19-Received Biometrics Appointment
July 08-Biometrics Schedule
Oct 25-Request for the removal of condition approved
Oct 29-Production of the new card
Nov 07-Got my 10 years Greencard

Mom's 2006 IR5

#4 Katherine Pierce

Katherine Pierce
  • 939 posts
  • te

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

Thanks for the replies. To update, I already did the Report of Marriage and passport renewal on Nov. 26 in Tampa. So I'm now just waiting for the new passport to arrive in the mail. :)
The whole part of being civilized is being able to control one's emotions when someone says something that they dont like.

#5 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,692 posts
  • lo

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

Thanks for the replies. To update, I already did the Report of Marriage and passport renewal on Nov. 26 in Tampa. So I'm now just waiting for the new passport to arrive in the mail. :)

Expect 6 months and you might be pleasantly surprised when it arrives in 4 ;) :D

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#6 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Moderators
  • 3,058 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

Expect 6 months and you might be pleasantly surprised when it arrives in 4 ;) :D

Did you mean to say weeks? :P

Keep on truckin'
Fritz
May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#7 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,692 posts
  • lo

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

Did you mean to say weeks? :P

Keep on truckin'
Fritz

Sometimes I wonder...

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#8 Katherine Pierce

Katherine Pierce
  • 939 posts
  • te

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:40 AM

Sometimes I wonder...

Yea, that's what they said, 6 weeks. Did they also make you pay $20 for the mailing fee and $6 for service fee? I was like "What? The $60 application did not cover this?", and really, $20 for mailing is unheard of, like the passport weighs 5 lbs. They did not even mention these extra fees on their website.

#9 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,692 posts
  • lo

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

Yea, that's what they said, 6 weeks. Did they also make you pay $20 for the mailing fee and $6 for service fee? I was like "What? The $60 application did not cover this?", and really, $20 for mailing is unheard of, like the passport weighs 5 lbs. They did not even mention these extra fees on their website.

Yes, we did the outreach. The mailing fee is for a fed ex, you can also get the fed ex envelope yourself (and pay the fee), pre-address it and all that. The $20 didn't bug us so much to go find a fed ex place and get it, we just paid it. I don't remember a $6 service fee.

#10 lalaine

lalaine
  • 249 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

just follow up question about report of marriage and renewal of passport
how long does it take? i mean it will take two days?
i am planning to do both this year. i am in montana and we belong
to san francisco phil. consulate. we are planning to that and i wanna know how many days
to process the report of marriage and renewal of passport at the same time?
anybody here who experience this? two days?

thanks
lalaine
K-1 TIMELINE    
04/18/08 FILE K-1 VISA 09/12/08 approve
AOS
01/21/09 FILE 03/30/09 GOT THE 2 yrs GC

REMOVE CONDITIONS
01/24/11 SENT TO CALIFORNIA
02/02/11 RCVD NOA-1
02/07/11 Rcvd biometrics schedule
02/18/11 Biometrics
03/28/11 Rcvd Approval notice from DHS for my 10 yrs greencard
03/29/11 GOT MY 10 YRS GREENCARD TODAY.

#11 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,692 posts
  • lo

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

just follow up question about report of marriage and renewal of passport
how long does it take? i mean it will take two days?
i am planning to do both this year. i am in montana and we belong
to san francisco phil. consulate. we are planning to that and i wanna know how many days
to process the report of marriage and renewal of passport at the same time?
anybody here who experience this? two days?

thanks
lalaine

Passport renewal takes 4-8 weeks, but you can get it done in one day as far as your visit to the consulate goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users