#1 julyah27

julyah27
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:03 PM

Hello there,

My visa has been approved last Jun. 17..yey! :) I'm now preparing to go to the US but we thought of the CFO Seminar, I didn't see this instructions except in this website. Am I required to take the seminar before I leave for the US? What's the purpose of this?

Thanks,
Iyah

12/13/10 Mailed I-129F
12/15/10 USCIS received packet
12/20/10 Received Receipt Number in the mail
01/11/11 Website changed status to "Initial Review"
04/22/11 Website changed I-129F status to "Approved"
04/25/11 Received 1-797, Notice of Action in the mail
05/06/11 Received letter with new case number
05/13/11 Iyah received letter with new case number
05/16/11 Paid K1 visa at BPI (gave photocopy of passport)
05/18/11 Called USEM for appointment (scheduled on Jun 17, 6:30AM)
05/24-25/11 SLMC Medical Examination - Approved! (they didn't tell me if i was approved, called SLMC for verification. They said they don't reveal result, the Consul will tell us if I passed. The lady at the USEM just asked if I was requested to go back for repeat exam, I said no then I was given a number for my interview)
06/17/11 USEM - K1 Visa APPROVED!

#2 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,702 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:56 PM

Hello there,

My visa has been approved last Jun. 17..yey! :) I'm now preparing to go to the US but we thought of the CFO Seminar, I didn't see this instructions except in this website. Am I required to take the seminar before I leave for the US? What's the purpose of this?

Thanks,
Iyah

Yes, you must take it in order to be permitted to leave the Philippines, this is a Philippine government requirement. Please see: http://www.theworldo...showtopic=11025

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#3 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,553 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:26 PM

The CFO seminar, with resulting sticker in your passport, is a Philippines government requirement for you to leave the Philippines. Normally, when applying for your passport, the DFA would have required you to have taken the CFO seminar, so I am assuming you already had the passport when the visa paperwork was started.

--Ray B

Hello there,

Thanks,
Iyah

12/13/10 Mailed I-129F
12/15/10 USCIS received packet
12/20/10 Received Receipt Number in the mail
01/11/11 Website changed status to "Initial Review"
04/22/11 Website changed I-129F status to "Approved"
04/25/11 Received 1-797, Notice of Action in the mail
05/06/11 Received letter with new case number
05/13/11 Iyah received letter with new case number
05/16/11 Paid K1 visa at BPI (gave photocopy of passport)
05/18/11 Called USEM for appointment (scheduled on Jun 17, 6:30AM)
05/24-25/11 SLMC Medical Examination - Approved! (they didn't tell me if i was approved, called SLMC for verification. They said they don't reveal result, the Consul will tell us if I passed. The lady at the USEM just asked if I was requested to go back for repeat exam, I said no then I was given a number for my interview)
06/17/11 USEM - K1 Visa APPROVED!

#4 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Moderators
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:11 AM

The CFO seminar, with resulting sticker in your passport, is a Philippines government requirement for you to leave the Philippines. Normally, when applying for your passport, the DFA would have required you to have taken the CFO seminar, so I am assuming you already had the passport when the visa paperwork was started.

--Ray B

They only require CFO if the passport is for immigration or OFW purposes. If stating that it will be used for tourism or travel in the local area, then you can get passport without CFO. The immigration officer checking papers of outbound Filipinos is supposed to stop anyone with any form of work visa or immigration visa if they do not also have the CFO sticker.

Some have managed to leave the country for immigration or OFW without the CFO sticker, but that was a mistake made by the immigration officer when the exit papers where checked.

The adventure continues
Fritz
May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#5 FlyBy

FlyBy

The rise of club music, the fall of apartheid - coincidence?

• 1,301 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:Dumaguete

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:33 AM

The truth about the CFO nuns there, is that they have the defacto authority to ask of you the most unreasonable information, and throw up an obstacle to you. Even after all you've been thru at the embassy.

So, be sure to be "loaded for bear" and bring ANY AND ALL documentation of your relationship. Orig copies.

Bring your "A" game here. The nuns are jealous of seeing pinays escape the hardship of the islands. Even Chuck N. would agree w/this.

Good luck!

B)
Old magicians don't die, they just disappear.

#6 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Moderators
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

Hello there,

<snip> I didn't see this instructions except in this website. Am I required to take the seminar before I leave for the US? What's the purpose of this?
<snip>

Sources:
DFA (scroll down to section V. Requirements for Filipino emigrants as required by the Commission on Filipino Overseas (CFO).)
CFO homepage (Commission on Filipinos Overseas)
United States Embassy, Manila Visas->Immigrant Visas->Requirements->Interviews->After the Interview
->In page link: When the Visa Is Issued->Subheading: Pre Departure Orientation Seminar

These three links should answer your questions as to what & why.

As to where, try to get the CFO seminar done in Manila. SMEF-COW in Cebu City is the Catholic Order that Flyby is referring to.

The adventure continues
Fritz
May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#7 Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle, Telescopes, Astronomy
  • ca

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

The truth about the CFO nuns there, is that they have the defacto authority to ask of you the most unreasonable information, and throw up an obstacle to you. Even after all you've been thru at the embassy.

So, be sure to be "loaded for bear" and bring ANY AND ALL documentation of your relationship. Orig copies.

Bring your "A" game here. The nuns are jealous of seeing pinays escape the hardship of the islands. Even Chuck N. would agree w/this.

Good luck!

B)

You have that right, they put my X-Fiance thru the ringer, she made 3 trips to the CFO class each time they wanted more paperwork. But I was on my game and had everything they needed, err wanted..

#8 mjaye65

mjaye65
  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • te

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

Our plans and hopes are that the Embassy will revioew the latest additional supporting documents Post interview.
They will release the visa, We can schedule the CFO for her and the kids in Manila, and fly out shortly there after.
They live in Iligan city so I need to save on the plane fair if possible.
Met My Soul Mate Rina in Korea on November 30, 2008.
Received Acceptance letter - Dated september 12, 2010.
Flew to PI again December 2010.
Civil Wedding Ceremony Iligan City, PI December 8, 2010
Recieved RFE - April 1, 2011 - Another copy of my divorce
Response to RFE mailed - April 4, 2011.
VSC acknoledged receipt of RFE - April 25, 2011 - RFE in review.
NOA 2 - April 26, 2011
DOS Cleared - May 25, 2011.
Physicals at st. Luke - June 7-8
Interview Date - June 15, 2011
Need Additional Documents - Post interview
NBI - under the last name of the First marriage.
NSO - certificate of death for fist husband - We had the hospital death certificate.
CENOMAR - of ending first marriage due to death
June 30 - adminstrative Review complete - Need documentation to prove differnt names on Marriage contract and death certificate are the same person.
July 18 - Embassy Received additional documents as requested.
Awaiting another administrative Review
July 26 - VISA Approved and headed to the HOUSE.
July 29 - Visa Delivered
August 4 - CFO
August 7 - POE - Houston, Tx
Wedding - August 13 - Double wedding with my sister.
Glad to have them all in our House In Dallas Texas
Love My Filipino Lady with every once of my being

#9 John C

John C
  • 1,668 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • ca

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:23 AM

Good luck!

B)

It's not the nuns who are Jealous. They seem to be just fine with who they are. If you get your CFO at a nunnery (St. Mary Euphrasia) you should have no problem. If on the other hand you take your CFO from a private counseling firm (Prism) you will find the pettiness of wannabees.. The best advice is to go where the faith is and steer clear of those in it for the money and power trip. Even if it's more inconvenient to get there.

JC

#10 julyah27

julyah27
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • ca

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:07 AM

Yes, you must take it in order to be permitted to leave the Philippines, this is a Philippine government requirement. Please see: http://www.theworldo...showtopic=11025

Thanks so much Mark for your response, you've helped us so much. I took the seminar at PRISM.. I'm already in the US with my fiance. Everything is okay so far. We still have a long list to do :)

#11 julyah27

julyah27
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • ca

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:13 AM

Sources:
DFA (scroll down to section V. Requirements for Filipino emigrants as required by the Commission on Filipino Overseas (CFO).)
CFO homepage (Commission on Filipinos Overseas)
United States Embassy, Manila Visas->Immigrant Visas->Requirements->Interviews->After the Interview
->In page link: When the Visa Is Issued->Subheading: Pre Departure Orientation Seminar

These three links should answer your questions as to what & why.

As to where, try to get the CFO seminar done in Manila. SMEF-COW in Cebu City is the Catholic Order that Flyby is referring to.

The adventure continues
Fritz

Thanks everyone for your help. I took the seminar at PRISM. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users