• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Gregg

Gregg
  • 1,529 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:17 AM

We are over the initial shock now of having to submit to the sputum cultures. She is scheduled to go back to St Luke's next week for 3 consecutive days and give her samples. What sucks is her daughter needs to go with her every day she gives the sputum test as she is the K2 derivative. She is staying in Manila with a relative for now. I have a few follow up questions if anyone can shed some light on the whole sputum thing we would truly appreciate any information.

After giving the 3 samples, will she need to hang around in Manila or can she go home? Is there a pulmonary type of exam she needs to do before she can go home?

I thought I read on VJ where shortly after a girl submitted her sputum samples she was told to come back for a pulmonary evaluation and also to call the clinic for the results of the cultures. Then after only a short time she was cleared. But in some other instances it was a 2 months wait.

We appreciate any information about the whole sputum thing.

Thanks!
03/22/08 Met on CB
09/12/08 Met in person
09/15/08 Engaged
10/16/08 Annulment filed
09/16/09 2nd trip
01/26/11 Annulment granted finally!

........K1 TIME LINE......

01/29/11 K-1 packet mailed to Dallas TX
02/05/11 Package delivered
02/14/11 Received NOA1
05/20/11 Received NAO2 APPROVED!
05/27/11 Received case #
06/15/11 Medical - Sputum cultures ordered - result positive
07/13/11 TB treatment started
09/11/11 3rd trip to Philippines
01/14/12 TB treatment at Saint Luke's Completed
02/10/12 Results of final sputum culture negative
02/14/12 Re-medical
02/26/12 Medical clearance obtained
03/27/12 Embassy interview - Approved!
04/12/12 Visa Received!! - What a great day!!
04/24/12 CFO stickers obtained
04/27/12 Arrive at O'Hare at 8:40 AM via Japan Airlines
05/10/12 Wedded Bilss!

#2 PINKRANGER

PINKRANGER
  • Members
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:reading, napping, surfing the net
  • ve

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:25 AM

We are over the initial shock now of having to submit to the sputum cultures. She is scheduled to go back to St Luke's next week for 3 consecutive days and give her samples. What sucks is her daughter needs to go with her every day she gives the sputum test as she is the K2 derivative. She is staying in Manila with a relative for now. I have a few follow up questions if anyone can shed some light on the whole sputum thing we would truly appreciate any information.

After giving the 3 samples, will she need to hang around in Manila or can she go home? Is there a pulmonary type of exam she needs to do before she can go home?

I thought I read on VJ where shortly after a girl submitted her sputum samples she was told to come back for a pulmonary evaluation and also to call the clinic for the results of the cultures. Then after only a short time she was cleared. But in some other instances it was a 2 months wait.

Thanks!

they base the collection of sputum after they see a scar in the result of the x-ray sheet. thats when they test the specimen for gram staining. Because an x-ray cannot 100% diagnose a positive or active TB but however it can pre-diagnose the disease and this may show white spots in your lungs where the immune system has walled off TB bacteria, or it may reveal changes in the lungs caused by active tuberculosis. (and would more likely tell if the lungs is TB free if there was no scar or if it gave flawless result) when they are going for the second level of screening which is sputum test!

IT DOESNT MEAN THAT WHEN YOU UNDERGO SPUTUM TEST, YOU ARE ALREADY HAVING THE TB. NO! Sometimes, its just is. Something weird on the x-ray sheet that would let them send the patient to another level of test. and currently in the Philippines right now, that is the most accurate, convenient and faster way to obtain a realiable result in a short time. Just think positive...MIND IS VERY POWERFUL and its just all in the mind :unsure:

if things come to worst, i wanna give u a heads up. the treatment of St Lukes is for the best. There is three stages 1. primary/initial (usually NO SYMPTOMS)- (2 MONTHS TREATMENT) 2. LATENT/dormant(ACTIVE) - 6 MONTHS TREATMENT 3. recrudescent (postprimary) - 6months-1yr (and i know we dont want that)

JUST KEEP PRAYING! Cheer up!
<!--coloro:#FF00FF--><span style="color:#FF00FF"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->April 28, 2009 submitted I-129F
May 1, 2009 - NOA1
August 28, 2009 - recieved RFE
Sept. 10, 2009 - submitted RFE document
Sept 14, 2009 - RFE recieved by VSC
Sept 15, 2009 - updated
Sept 18, 2009 - updated
OCTOBER 14, 2009 - NOA2 (TO GOD BE THE GLORY)
OCTOBER 22, 2009 - NOA2 HARDCOPY
OCTOBER 26, 2009 - MANILA CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED (PRAISE GOD!!!)
OCTOBER 27, 2009 - NVC letter recieved (hardcopy)[i] dated Oct 22, 2009
OCTOBER 30, 2009 - called hotline...GOT VISA APPOINTMENT INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
Nov 5, 2009 - US EMBASSY LETTER dated Oct 29, 2009 delivered by DHL
November 10, 2009 - medical exam@ SLEC---->>>PASSED! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!
November 17, 2009 - interview ----<!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->APPROVED!!! <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--> WHEW
November 20, 2009 - VISA ON HAND (THANK YOU LORD FOR COMPLETING THIS IN ME)
November 26, 2009 - CFO SEMINAR (8:30AM session)
11:00PM - FLIGHT TO GUAM-HAWAII-HOUSTON-DALLAS
November 27, 2009 - ARRIVED IN TEXAS!!!<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro-->SSN
dec 10, 2009 - applied for SSN
dec 17, 2009 - SS card arrived!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#9932CC--><span style="color:#9932CC"><!--/coloro-->AOS
April 1, 2010 - AOS Packet sent
April 5, 2010 - AOS Packet recieved
April 13, 2010 - NOA1 with reciept number
May 6, 2010 - RFE
June 3, 2010 - BIOMETRICS @ USCIS Fortworth, TX
June 14, 2010 - ::RE submission of RFE
June 18, 2010 - RFE
July 19, 2010 - ::RE submission of RFE #2
July 22, 2010 - RFE package recieved by USCIS
August 2, 2010 - Online notice recieved: CASE TRANSFERRED TO CALIFORNIA
August 11, 2010 - Notice by mail: TRANSFER NOTICE / TRAVEL PAROLE in mail!!! yehaaaa!!!
August 31, 2010 - Case for I-485 Updated
September 4, 2010 - EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION CARD in mail!!!
September 20, 2010 - Card Production Ordered for AOS :)
September 23, 2010 - Welcome Notice /APPROVAL letter from USCIS
October 1, 2010 - Online Notice GC is mailed
October 3, 2010 - GC in mailbox/RTS (return to sender) UNKNOWN REASON!!! :(
October 4, 2010 - USCIS emailed that GC was returned to their office/UNDELIVERABLE
October 5, 2010 - AM: called USCIS hotline that GC is missing and was not recieved
-------------->PM: USCIS mailed GC back again/got a hold order for mails in post office
October 8, 2010 - picked up RESIDENT CARD/GREENCARD IN POST OFFICE ***SIGH*** Finally! Praise God!!! <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--coloro:#9932CC--><span style="color:#9932CC"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><div align='center'>IN CHRIST, joy

"FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU", SAYS THE LORD, "PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU, PLANS TO GIVE YOU HOPE AND A FUTURE..." JEREMIAH 29:11</div><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#3 sweet_pinay

sweet_pinay
  • Members
  • 111 posts
  • ca

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

Thanks!

hello greg i just read on what you post here, as i know about that its 3 days to take test if its negative or positive , after 3 days you came back to get the result in st.luke if its nigative then wait for another one month for the culture result , if its negative still wait the culture result so it might delay the interview grrrr... i'm worried mine also hoping i can take my medical this weeks but its really bad timing , had cough too so i'm expected to undergo with that sputum test but i'm hoping everything is ok my schedule is july 5 and need to medical 2 weeks before my interview but , two days no office hour at manila so waited since sick of a woman is coming too really bad timing agrrrrrrrrr :)
******Our time line******

(^_^)___(^_^)

October 18, 2010 : Started talking in computer every day
November 18, 2010 : I Recieve flowers i'm so surprice he never told anything that he send a gift, i'm verry happy at that time
November 30, 2010 : Meet in person at Davao airport
December 3 , 2010 : Meet my family

December 4, 2010 : He propose to marry
December 7, 2010 : Went to CDO to meet my sister ,spending time at the beach and to catch crabs and shells
December 16,2010 : Went back to Davao
December 18,2010 : Engagement party
December 20, 2010 : Leaving in Davao going to Manila
December 21, 2010 : Back to U.S
January 28,2011 : Sent letters to USCIS
February 4, 2011 : NOA1 Receipt
February 14, 2011 : Surprise again i receive flowers from my honey a very lovely red roses
March 16, 2011 :I receive Card from my honey bug with 470 philippine peso ^_^
May 16,2011 : they send our NOA2 yahoo.. APPROVE! yay ^_^
May 24, 2011 : Recieve letter again and its our MNL case number Woooooooooo.(^_^)
June after period going to manila for my medical lol
July 5, 2011 ....... Interiew
july 4,2011 : vaccine, its four shot.they wont issue my Cd unless if i took sputum sisghh... delay interview..
July 5, 2011 : Sputum 5,6,7 got the sputum result its negative wait for 2 months for culture.
july 6, 2011 : Done my CFO
September 2 2011 : Call to st.luke for the result hope its a birth day gift i can get the result on sept. 2 :)
September 19, 2011 : Went back to manila to get my CD at st.luke
September 22,2011 : Iinterview ........Visa Approve[/color
October 2011 .......Receive my pocket
October 2011.... CFO stamp done!
October 11 2011 ... arrive in the U.S.A finally spending my honey already ^_^
October 18,2011 ...My wedding day!

November 12,2011..... Receive my SSN Number Card

****Where both happy now and waiting to be together again****

#4 godsgift

godsgift
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:uhmmmmmmmm, i am into music, love the internet, love my lover, my family, relatives and friends, foods, sleeping, nature... places....and my work
  • ve

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

Thanks!

sorry to hear about the sputum gregg.. u been waiting and now still waiting again.. good luck!!
Arrival Date here in USA: July 12, 2011
Wedding: July 15, 2011- Civil Wedding, Lawton, OK City Hall
Appointment to a CS: July 21, 2011
Backed to CS: July 25, 2011-got my sealed I-963, no need for vaccination
Apply SSN: July 27, 2011
Arrived SSN Card: Aug. 1, 2011
AOS Filed: Aug. 25, 2011
EAD Filed: Aug. 25, 2011
AP: DIDN'T FILE BCOZ I DO NOT INTEND TO TRAVEL W/O MY GC..
Packet Received by USCIS: Aug. 29, 2011
E-not. for my AOS and EAD and NOA 1 Dated: Sept. 1, 2011
Biometric Notice: Sept. 2, 2011 (orig. sched. Sept. 23, 2011- 10 am OKC)
Biometric-Walk-in: Sept. 20, 2011
AOS case was Transferred to CSC : Sept. 29, 2011
AOS case was Transferred to USCIS: Oct. 5, 2011
Service Request for EAD and EAD Card Production: Nov. 2, 2011
EAD Card Arrived: Nov. 12, 2011
CSC called me: Feb. 13, 2012
AOS Approved: Feb. 24, 2012
AOS Updated my case status online: Mar. 1, 2012
USCIS sent my PRC: Mar. 5, 2012
Welcome Letter Received: Mar. 5, 2012
Passed my DMV: Mar. 6, 2012
GC and TDL on hand: Mar. 7, 2012
K2 was approved: April 17, 2012
K2 visa was issued: April 20, 2012
K2 Visa on-hand: April 26, 2012

Posted Image

My Group

My Blog

#5 marlyn24

marlyn24
  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • te

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:00 AM

hello greg i just read on what you post here, as i know about that its 3 days to take test if its negative or positive , after 3 days you came back to get the result in st.luke if its nigative then wait for another one month for the culture result , if its negative still wait the culture result so it might delay the interview grrrr... i'm worried mine also hoping i can take my medical this weeks but its really bad timing , had cough too so i'm expected to undergo with that sputum test but i'm hoping everything is ok my schedule is july 5 and need to medical 2 weeks before my interview but , two days no office hour at manila so waited since sick of a woman is coming too really bad timing agrrrrrrrrr :)

hi sis,

nag undergo ako ng pre- medical sa small clinic dito, then get ako ng x-ray para to make sure wla akong maging problem sa medical sa st. lukes..

#6 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,701 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

Thanks!

8 weeks is the minimum, unless there is a positive result (which can occur faster). She can go home, if she has to undergo treatment she must stay there because the treatment must be supervised. For complete details see: http://www.cdc.gov/i...sis-ti-2009.pdf

Edited by MrkGrismer, 20 June 2011 - 01:00 PM.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#7 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,701 posts
  • lo

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:58 PM

hi sis,

nag undergo ako ng pre- medical sa small clinic dito, then get ako ng x-ray para to make sure wla akong maging problem sa medical sa st. lukes..

English please when outside of the dialect areas (unless you also supply the English translation).

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#8 ScottT

ScottT
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:Milwaukee

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:29 AM

Gregg,

Don't feel rained on. The same issue happened to us. Grace caught TB in 1997 after college. Actually, she was working as a teacher at the high school in Sibulan. She had the 6 month treatment then. On her xray, something showed up and they flagged her for this test. Even though she had completed the treatment, they didn't give a hoot. We were both super PO'd. So the results of her smears are negative and we sit waiting for 30 more days. I understand the process, but to have already gone through this already and have documentation stating so really makes me wonder about St. Lukes. <_<
12 JAN 11 NOA1 Received
26 APR 11 NOA2 Approved
06 MAY 11 Visa Letter. Case forwarded to Manila
18 MAY 11 CFO Complete
18 MAY 11 MEDICAL- Sputum test ordered
22 July 11 Sputum test negative.
25 July 11 Medical complete
10 Aug 11 Interview
17 Aug 11 Visa Approved
18 Aug 11 Visa @ 2GO Dumaguete
19 Aug 11 Visa Pickup - THANK YOU GOD!!!
02 Sept 11 Flight
02 Sept 11 GRACE ARRIVES IN USA!!! PRAISE GOD!!!
01 Oct 11 WEDDING DAY!!!

#9 marlyn24

marlyn24
  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • te

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:02 AM

English please when outside of the dialect areas (unless you also supply the English translation).

ohh sorry MrGrismer.. what i mean is. My fiance ask me to do a pre- medical in a small clinic to make sure i will be fine during my Medical in Saint Lukes. I took x- ray, urine test and blood test.. all is negative.. :0

#10 sweet_pinay

sweet_pinay
  • Members
  • 111 posts
  • ca

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:53 AM

ohh sorry MrGrismer.. what i mean is. My fiance ask me to do a pre- medical in a small clinic to make sure i will be fine during my Medical in Saint Lukes. I took x- ray, urine test and blood test.. all is negative.. :0

its good for you marlyn , its a good idea also to hae early medical in our clinic , last january i took my early medical also at taum doc. and happy everything is good , i finish my medical also at st.luke and all is well :)
******Our time line******

(^_^)___(^_^)

October 18, 2010 : Started talking in computer every day
November 18, 2010 : I Recieve flowers i'm so surprice he never told anything that he send a gift, i'm verry happy at that time
November 30, 2010 : Meet in person at Davao airport
December 3 , 2010 : Meet my family

December 4, 2010 : He propose to marry
December 7, 2010 : Went to CDO to meet my sister ,spending time at the beach and to catch crabs and shells
December 16,2010 : Went back to Davao
December 18,2010 : Engagement party
December 20, 2010 : Leaving in Davao going to Manila
December 21, 2010 : Back to U.S
January 28,2011 : Sent letters to USCIS
February 4, 2011 : NOA1 Receipt
February 14, 2011 : Surprise again i receive flowers from my honey a very lovely red roses
March 16, 2011 :I receive Card from my honey bug with 470 philippine peso ^_^
May 16,2011 : they send our NOA2 yahoo.. APPROVE! yay ^_^
May 24, 2011 : Recieve letter again and its our MNL case number Woooooooooo.(^_^)
June after period going to manila for my medical lol
July 5, 2011 ....... Interiew
july 4,2011 : vaccine, its four shot.they wont issue my Cd unless if i took sputum sisghh... delay interview..
July 5, 2011 : Sputum 5,6,7 got the sputum result its negative wait for 2 months for culture.
july 6, 2011 : Done my CFO
September 2 2011 : Call to st.luke for the result hope its a birth day gift i can get the result on sept. 2 :)
September 19, 2011 : Went back to manila to get my CD at st.luke
September 22,2011 : Iinterview ........Visa Approve[/color
October 2011 .......Receive my pocket
October 2011.... CFO stamp done!
October 11 2011 ... arrive in the U.S.A finally spending my honey already ^_^
October 18,2011 ...My wedding day!

November 12,2011..... Receive my SSN Number Card

****Where both happy now and waiting to be together again****

#11 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Moderators
  • 3,061 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

Gregg,

Don't feel rained on. The same issue happened to us. Grace caught TB in 1997 after college. Actually, she was working as a teacher at the high school in Sibulan. She had the 6 month treatment then. On her xray, something showed up and they flagged her for this test. Even though she had completed the treatment, they didn't give a hoot. We were both super PO'd. So the results of her smears are negative and we sit waiting for 30 more days. I understand the process, but to have already gone through this already and have documentation stating so really makes me wonder about St. Lukes. <_<

Scott

The treatment is not a lifetime cure. The doctors cannot tell the difference between scars from current infection, cleared infection and other injury leaving similar scars. When they see something that could be TB scarring, the sputum test is an automatic follow up to see if there is a current infection or just a false alarm.

Anyone who has had pulmonary TB (lung infection) in the past should expect to be doing the sputum test. So in those cases schedule the medical as early as possible so the sputum test doesn't delay the interview.

The adventure continues
Fritz
May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#12 Thetimewillcome

Thetimewillcome
  • 300 posts
  • ca

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:01 PM

How early can you schedule the medical before the interview?

Scott

The treatment is not a lifetime cure. The doctors cannot tell the difference between scars from current infection, cleared infection and other injury leaving similar scars. When they see something that could be TB scarring, the sputum test is an automatic follow up to see if there is a current infection or just a false alarm.

Anyone who has had pulmonary TB (lung infection) in the past should expect to be doing the sputum test. So in those cases schedule the medical as early as possible so the sputum test doesn't delay the interview.

The adventure continues
Fritz

October 2010- Met online
October 28, 2010-Officially a couple
Feb 26, 2011- Met at NAIA
Feb 28, 2011- Proposed in Bali
Sept 1, 2011- Second trip to the Philippines
Feb 11, 2012- Third trip to the Philippines
July 9, 2012- Final divorce judgement
Aug 10, 2012- Sent I-129F
Aug 14 2012- NOA 1

April 19 2013-NOA 2
Aug 5 Sputum negative, finished medical

Aug 7 Embassy interview passed

Aug 31 Visa delivered.

The US government agencies that process visa applications suck stinky a$$.

‎"A wise man should consider health is the greatest blessing, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses" -Hippocrates

#13 Gregg

Gregg
  • 1,529 posts
  • ca

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:45 PM

Just to update -

Lanie went back to St Luke's and supplied sputum samples on June 21,22, and 23rd. Then had to go back again on the 27th to pay a fee and have a Dr sign a form. They told her that her smears came back negative and to call back on August 21st to get the results of here sputum cultures. If they too are negative she will be able to complete her medical and we can reschedule her interview again. We are assuming that since the smears are negative that the cultures will be as well.

Thanks again for the encouragement and good info as always. This really took the wind out of our sails and set us back, but such is life in the big city.

If I can pass on any advice to those traveling by air to Manila for their medicals, I would recommend not buying the return flight(s) if they are not refundable until you are ready to go home.
03/22/08 Met on CB
09/12/08 Met in person
09/15/08 Engaged
10/16/08 Annulment filed
09/16/09 2nd trip

02/14/11 Received NOA1
05/27/11 Received case #
02/14/12 Re-medical
05/10/12 Wedded Bilss!

#14 zzzlpr

zzzlpr
  • 3,843 posts
  • ve

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

That's great that they were negative and likely will be negative on the culture too.

Hang in there bro, the end is near.

Cheers,

Carlos.
"A man does not know how alive he can be until a sweet Pinay steals his heart."
my point of view

11/08/2007 - Annulment Process Started
08/21/2008 - Annulment Granted
09/05/2008 - Annulment Court Order Issued
09/10/2008 - Mailed I-129F
09/11/2008 - Arrived at VSC
09/12/2008 - NOA1 Issued
01/29/2009 - NOA2 Issued
02/07/2009 - Manila Case Number Letter Received from NVC
02/15/2009 - Interview Scheduled for March, 23rd 2009
03/02/2009 - Passed Medical
03/23/2009 - Interview, all went well but NBI Clearance on her Married Name was missing
03/25/2009 - Delivered NBI Clearance to US Embassy
04/17/2009 - Visa on hand
04/24/2009 - CFO done
05/13/2009 - Arrived in US
06/01/2009 - Applied for SSN
06/02/2009 - Pending Immunizations done
06/05/2009 - Received SSN
06/22/2009 - Got Married "downtown" style
06/27/2009 - Requested sealed envelop with immunization form from Civil Dr.
07/03/2009 - Received sealed envelop from Dr.
07/14/2009 - Mailed the AOS
07/16/2009 - AOS arrived USCIS
07/20/2009 - AOS NOA1 Issued
08/21/2009 - Biometrics at local USCIS Office
09/10/2009 - Received EAD cards
11/17/2009 - AOS interview. Given a favorable decision.
11/27/2009 - Received the GC
10/07/2011 - Mailed the ROC
10/11/2011 - Arrived at VSC
10/18/2011 - ROC NOA Received (contains the 1 year extension)
11/14/2011 - Received ROC Biometrics Appointment Notification
12/09/2011 - ROC Biometrics
07/19/2012 - ROC Approved letter(no interview, even though I forgot to send a copy of the GC)
07/25/2012 - 10 year GC Arrived

#15 Gregg

Gregg
  • 1,529 posts
  • ca

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:38 PM

That's great that they were negative and likely will be negative on the culture too.

Hang in there bro, the end is near.

Cheers,

Carlos.

Gracias mi hermano! (Thank you my brotha!)
03/22/08 Met on CB
09/12/08 Met in person
09/15/08 Engaged
10/16/08 Annulment filed
09/16/09 2nd trip

02/14/11 Received NOA1
05/27/11 Received case #
02/14/12 Re-medical
05/10/12 Wedded Bilss!

#16 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Moderators
  • 3,061 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:23 AM

How early can you schedule the medical before the interview?

You can schedule the medical exam as soon as you have the appointment letter or the instruction letter from NVC. The emailed notice is acceptable. You will need the Embassy case number to fill out the pre-registration form.

St. Lukes Medical Center with a link to the pre-registration e-file page.
Medical Exam information page on the Manila Embassy website.

The adventure continues
Fritz
May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#17 ScottT

ScottT
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:Milwaukee

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:42 AM

Just to update -

Lanie went back to St Luke's and supplied sputum samples on June 21,22, and 23rd. Then had to go back again on the 27th to pay a fee and have a Dr sign a form. They told her that her smears came back negative and to call back on August 21st to get the results of here sputum cultures. If they too are negative she will be able to complete her medical and we can reschedule her interview again. We are assuming that since the smears are negative that the cultures will be as well.

Thanks again for the encouragement and good info as always. This really took the wind out of our sails and set us back, but such is life in the big city.

If I can pass on any advice to those traveling by air to Manila for their medicals, I would recommend not buying the return flight(s) if they are not refundable until you are ready to go home.

Gregg...How much did she have to pay? When Grace had hers taken and the results given they didn't ask her or say anything about paying for the test. They just told her when to call back for the culture result.
12 JAN 11 NOA1 Received
26 APR 11 NOA2 Approved
06 MAY 11 Visa Letter. Case forwarded to Manila
18 MAY 11 CFO Complete
18 MAY 11 MEDICAL- Sputum test ordered
22 July 11 Sputum test negative.
25 July 11 Medical complete
10 Aug 11 Interview
17 Aug 11 Visa Approved
18 Aug 11 Visa @ 2GO Dumaguete
19 Aug 11 Visa Pickup - THANK YOU GOD!!!
02 Sept 11 Flight
02 Sept 11 GRACE ARRIVES IN USA!!! PRAISE GOD!!!
01 Oct 11 WEDDING DAY!!!

#18 Gregg

Gregg
  • 1,529 posts
  • ca

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:04 AM

Gregg...How much did she have to pay? When Grace had hers taken and the results given they didn't ask her or say anything about paying for the test. They just told her when to call back for the culture result.

She paid 1000php. But what I failed to mention earlier was that she also had to undergo a psychological exam. I guess it's possible that the 1000 was for that. I thought that since her ex was the one who was found psychologically incapacitated that she could bypass that but I guess not.
03/22/08 Met on CB
09/12/08 Met in person
09/15/08 Engaged
10/16/08 Annulment filed
09/16/09 2nd trip

02/14/11 Received NOA1
05/27/11 Received case #
02/14/12 Re-medical
05/10/12 Wedded Bilss!

#19 Gregg

Gregg
  • 1,529 posts
  • ca

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:26 PM

Sad to report that Lanie got a call from St Luke's today. They told her to report to the clinic next week for a Dr's appointment. We are expecting the worst. :ph34r:
03/22/08 Met on CB
09/12/08 Met in person
09/15/08 Engaged
10/16/08 Annulment filed
09/16/09 2nd trip

02/14/11 Received NOA1
05/27/11 Received case #
02/14/12 Re-medical
05/10/12 Wedded Bilss!

#20 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,701 posts
  • lo

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:34 PM

Sad to report that Lanie got a call from St Luke's today. They told her to report to the clinic next week for a Dr's appointment. We are expecting the worst. :ph34r:

Yeah, that quick sounds like a positive :(

Be prepared for her to have to stay in Manila for 3-6 months for treatment (remotely possible longer) :(

I hope it is not the case for your sake but just be prepared. It sucks but it is only temporary :(

Edit: It is possible they just found out about you and she has to come in to have her head examined ;)

Edited by MrkGrismer, 08 July 2011 - 02:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users