52 replies to this topic

#1 spartan75

spartan75
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • te

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:08 AM

hello my chatmate is born again christian and i wonder if this religion will benefit me in terms of fidelity
if i ever marry her
she told me they only go with one guy till dead.
is this true?
dont really know anything about this religion
anyone knows about this religiion?
thanks

#2 Paul Orr

Paul Orr
  • 1,316 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ve

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (spartan75 @ Nov 28 2010, 05:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello my chatmate is born again christian and i wonder if this religion will benefit me in terms of fidelity
if i ever marry her
is this true?
thanks
Born again Christian is not a religion in and of itself and the statement....by itself....may signify quite a dew varied ideas on the subject as Christianity is all over the map. I don't see it as a plus or a negative compared to Catholic or even Muslim girls in PI. Their faithfulness is probably far more ingrained in the culture and the individual family situation and personal life experiences as anything.
When you meet in person is when you will see what that means to her. Does she ask if you will attend services with her? That's important from both directions. Sounds like you don't have any real specific beliefs but she will want to see if you would support her beliefs and allow her to practice as she sees fit. Then again you might find they are only words and a fluff job to try to make you feel safer in the relationship. Many people "practice" the normal ideas of a faith but don't live it in their hearts.....so who's to say? Only you can judge the merit as it applies to your relationship.

Paul

See our pics at:

Our Time Line:
Started Relationship June 8th 2012
Met in person May 16-27 2014
File K-1 petition:

#3 AYENSGUYTOM

AYENSGUYTOM

Ayensguy

• 771 posts
  • Interests:food, wine, sports, politics, world news, family
  • ca

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:52 PM

Eve ate the Apple
Peter denied he knew Christ
Rev. Jim Bakker stole church money and cheated on his wife
Rev. Jimmy Swaggert cheated with AND Lied about using prostitutes
Pastor Ted Haggard uses meth ( drugs ) and cheated with male prostitutes
Some Priest and/or nuns have abused innocent children

I don't think claiming a religious identity makes u immune from sin huh

#4 Cartero

Cartero
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:07 PM

In Filipino it seems to just mean non-Catholic Christian with no more significance on sinning then if she described herself as Catholic or Muslim.

#5 ROAD KING

ROAD KING
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • ca

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

Spartan,
I'm curious, are you really as naive as you portray yourself at 58 years old? It appears you're from Las Vegas but also living in Southern Philippines? If you are also living in Las Vegas part time, being naive shouldnt be in the lexicon of a 58 year old male. It's just not adding up to me.

Please dont bank on this 18 year old's profession of being a Christian to overlook all of the other obvious Red Flags.

Again, for a 58 year old, you seem curiously naive about life, women and relationships especially for someone who has been in Philippines for a few months and should have a healthly dose of reality by now.

#6 sterlingsilver

sterlingsilver
  • Members
  • 1,406 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • te

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (AYENSGUYTOM @ Nov 28 2010, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eve ate the Apple
Peter denied he knew Christ
Rev. Jim Bakker stole church money and cheated on his wife
Rev. Jimmy Swaggert cheated with AND Lied about using prostitutes
Pastor Ted Haggard uses meth ( drugs ) and cheated with male prostitutes
Some Priest and/or nuns have abused innocent children

I don't think claiming a religious identity makes u immune from sin huh

Quote of the day.

Over my lifetime, I have found that the more fanatical a person is about their religion and how fervently they try imposing it upon others.....the dirtier, more disgusting, and ugly THEIR past is.

Edited by sterlingsilver, 28 November 2010 - 07:31 PM.

Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. Karl Marx

#7 sterlingsilver

sterlingsilver
  • Members
  • 1,406 posts
  • te

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (spartan75 @ Nov 28 2010, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if i ever marry her
is this true?
thanks

QUOTE (ROAD KING @ Nov 28 2010, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spartan,
I'm curious, are you really as naive as you portray yourself at 58 years old? It appears you're from Las Vegas but also living in Southern Philippines? If you are also living in Las Vegas part time, being naive shouldnt be in the lexicon of a 58 year old male. It's just not adding up to me.

Please dont bank on this 18 year old's profession of being a Christian to overlook all of the other obvious Red Flags.

Again, for a 58 year old, you seem curiously naive about life, women and relationships especially for someone who has been in Philippines for a few months and should have a healthly dose of reality by now.

Yes, the question itself, along with the grammer and phraseology leads me to only two conclusions.
1. mild Down's Syndrom
2. semi-clever troll
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. Karl Marx

#8 ROAD KING

ROAD KING
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • ca

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (sterlingsilver @ Nov 28 2010, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, the question itself, along with the grammer and phraseology leads me to only two conclusions.
1. mild Down's Syndrom
2. semi-clever troll

I'm thinking option #2 and possibly a Pinay in Philippines getting her "play-book" together. Hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking good that this is really a 58 year old Kano from Las Vegas....

Edited by ROAD KING, 28 November 2010 - 07:53 PM.

#9 spartan75

spartan75
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • te

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (sterlingsilver @ Nov 28 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. mild Down's Syndrom
2. semi-clever troll

i am from europe engish is not my native language, unless non engish speakers suffer from down syndrom
according to you.
second i am member here since 2006 like you.how can i be a troll if i am a member here for 4 years?
you dont make any sense.

#10 spartan75

spartan75
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • te

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (ROAD KING @ Nov 28 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm thinking option #2 and possibly a Pinay in Philippines getting her "play-book" together. Hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking good that this is really a 58 year old Kano from Las Vegas....

strange you only have 4 posts the last 4 years you have been a member here and all of your posts are in my topic. so how you explain that?

#11 sterlingsilver

sterlingsilver
  • Members
  • 1,406 posts
  • te

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (spartan75 @ Nov 28 2010, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am from europe engish is not my native language, unless non engish speakers suffer from down syndrom
according to you.
second i am member here since 2006 like you.how can i be a troll if i am a member here for 4 years?
you dont make any sense.

I believe in Europe there is this concept of religion....One of these religions is Christianity.....and not moving too far ahead of myself here...the concept of being "born again" is common there as well.

The only way I could believe that you truly don't know anything about it is (and throwing your age, 58, in there as well) that if you came from one of the former soviet bloc communist countries that surpressed religion. Even at that, its been 22 years since the Berlin Wall fell.

You would have been 36 at that time....and from then until now you are asserting that Christianity and being born again is foreign to you?

fffffffffttttt! Go yank someone else's chain, big guy....or gal....or whatever you are.

#12 spartan75

spartan75
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • te

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (sterlingsilver @ Nov 28 2010, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe in Europe there is this concept of religion....One of these religions is Christianity.....and not moving too far ahead of myself here...the concept of being "born again" is common there as well.

The only way I could believe that you truly don't know anything about it is (and throwing your age, 58, in there as well) that if you came from one of the former soviet bloc communist countries that surpressed religion. Even at that, its been 22 years since the Berlin Wall fell.

You would have been 36 at that time....and from then until now you are asserting that Christianity and being born again is foreign to you?

fffffffffttttt! Go yank someone else's chain, big guy....or gal....or whatever you are.

now i remember you from years ago how passionate you were to search for same age wife.in philippines
very impressive!!!!!!!!
ok i will give you a hint where i am from. even a kid 5 year old can easily figure out.
guess where spartans come from.? open the first grade school book and you will find the answer
nope sparta in not in poland or russia or armenia.

#13 sterlingsilver

sterlingsilver
  • Members
  • 1,406 posts
  • te

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (spartan75 @ Nov 28 2010, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now i remember you from years ago how passionate you were to search for same age wife.in philippines
very impressive!!!!!!!!
ok i will give you a hint where i am from. even a kid 5 year old can easily figure out.
guess where spartans come from.? open the first grade school book and you will find the answer
nope sparta in not in poland or russia or armenia.

Got the wrong guy....your memory fails you. I happen to have a same age range wife but it certianly was not some passionate mission of mine.....sorry......To go even further, I did not join a Fil/Am forum until I was engaged. So this fantasy of yours is complete fabricated.

For your assistance in this matter... http://www.alzheimersrxtreatment.com

And in your other matter:
Religion in Greece

Holy Trinity monastery, in Meteora, central Greece.The constitution of Greece recognizes the Greek Orthodox faith as the "prevailing" religion of the country, while guaranteeing freedom of religious belief for all. According to the State Department, an estimated 97% of Greek citizens identify themselves as Greek Orthodox. 81% of Greek citizens responded that they believe there is a God, which was the third highest percentage among EU members. 15.8% of Greeks describe themselves as very religious, which is the highest among all European countries. The survey also found that just 3.5% never attend a church.

So your Spartan self is part of that 3.5% ? Is that what you are selling now?

Edited by sterlingsilver, 28 November 2010 - 10:01 PM.

#14 spartan75

spartan75
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • te

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (sterlingsilver @ Nov 28 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got the wrong guy....your memory fails you. I happen to have a same age range wife but it certianly was not some passionate mission of mine.....sorry......To go even further, I did not join a Fil/Am forum until I was engaged. So this fantasy of yours is complete fabricated.

Religion in Greece

very good i was born in sparta a small town in southern greece with long history.
i do attent once a year church xmass day so i am maybe in this 3.5% part .
there are no born again chistians in greece as far i know, but i have notice stickers in bus stops here in vegas mention born again chistians but never pay attention.
this born again thing is all new to me
the only religion i know is greek orthodox

#15 spartan75

spartan75
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • te

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (sterlingsilver @ Nov 28 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Religion in Greece

well that was very nice of you, that you chose a older lady from philippines for wife.
unlike the rest of us searching for young babes.all filipnas deserve happiness young or old.
GOD bless you

#16 sterlingsilver

sterlingsilver
  • Members
  • 1,406 posts
  • te

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (spartan75 @ Nov 28 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well that was very nice of you, that you chose a older lady from philippines for wife.
unlike the rest of us searching for young babes.all filipnas deserve happiness young or old.
GOD bless you

The blessing that God needs to give you is reality. I'm sure your 18yr old "babe" likes you simply because of your 58 year old hot looking @ss.

I suspect in the next year or two you will be in for a wild ride and a very much deserved education....Filipina style.

Edited by sterlingsilver, 29 November 2010 - 12:18 AM.

#17 ROAD KING

ROAD KING
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • ca

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (spartan75 @ Nov 28 2010, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
strange you only have 4 posts the last 4 years you have been a member here and all of your posts are in my topic. so how you explain that?

This is not a forum I post on but you're correct, I've been a member here for a long time. I've been satisfied to just read and lurk although I've been tempted many times to post. Your post, Spartan, was too irrestible for me to pass on. I'll probably fade back into the background and read posts' again.

In the meantime, if you're from Greece then yes, English is your second language and explains a lot. You're still naive about women and especially women from Philippines.

Edited by ROAD KING, 29 November 2010 - 12:38 AM.

#18 spartan75

spartan75
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • te

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (sterlingsilver @ Nov 29 2010, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The blessing that God needs to give you is reality. I'm sure your 18yr old "babe" likes you simply because of your 58 year old hot looking @ss.

I suspect in the next year or two you will be in for a wild ride and a very much deserved education....Filipina style.

well last year in cebu in ayala mall havana cafe i met this couple happilly married
the guy was in his 40,s guadriplegic in motorized wheelchair from boston mass. his wife cebuana in her 20,s
very sweet young lady.
i am sure they dont agree with you about this education filipina style
by the way i run marathons 3 times a year. and you??

#19 tipmart87

tipmart87
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Climbing Badminton Hiking Scuba My wife
  • ca
  • Local Office:san francisco

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (spartan75 @ Nov 29 2010, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well last year in cebu in ayala mall havana cafe i met this couple happilly married
the guy was in his 40,s guadriplegic in motorized wheelchair from boston mass. his wife cebuana in her 20,s
very sweet young lady.
i am sure they dont agree with you about this education filipina style
by the way i run marathons 3 times a year. and you??

I didn't know they made motorized wheelchairs in Boston Mass!! Ho hum,You learn something every day
Visit Arizona this summer for a great Vacation ----Arizona-----

BAD COMPANY

#20 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Moderators
  • 3,052 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (spartan75 @ Nov 28 2010, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

very good i was born in sparta a small town in southern greece with long history.
i do attent once a year church xmass day so i am maybe in this 3.5% part .
there are no born again chistians in greece as far i know, but i have notice stickers in bus stops here in vegas mention born again chistians but never pay attention.
this born again thing is all new to me
the only religion i know is greek orthodox

"Born Again" usually means a convert to a charismatic sect. The actual denomination can be almost anything though as there are "Born Again" believers in almost all Christian sects including Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox.

What the term usually means is that the individual had some major crisis in their life and a new "reborn" faith in Jesus changed their life for the better. There are also some Charismatic Christian sects that designate their beliefs as "Born Again" to emphasize their members extreme devotion to the faith.

You will need to ask her for more details of her beliefs and how she came to be a Born Again Christian. At 18, membership in a Charismatic sect is likely, but it is possible that she was into drugs or another serious life destroying lifestyle and straightened her life out by a reborn faith in Jesus.

The Americans here are familiar with this term as our public figures, whether famous, political or corporate love to use the Born Again label when rehabilitating their careers. This is also popular in American prisons as Parole Boards look favorably on a professed conversion to Christianity.

In countries like Greece with a single dominant faith the Charismatic Christians will be less visible.

The adventure continues
Fritz
May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users