Ampalaya

Latest creation!

• 4,744 posts
  • Interests:Staying VERTICAL!!
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • ca
  • Local Office:Honolulu.

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:10 PM

These are the new additional vaccinations that will be required for AOS after Aug 1, 2008
http://www.uscis.gov...PR_20080724.pdf

I have heard some are very expensive. No idea if you can get them cheaper in the Philippines before you go to the US.

CDC’s revised Technical Instructions to Civil Surgeons for Vaccination Requirements require the following age-appropriate additional vaccinations for the applicants undergoing their Adjustment of Status to legal permanent resident:
Rotavirus
Hepatitis A
Meningococcal
Human papillomavirus
Zoster
The requirements for these new vaccines went into effect on July 1, 2008, however CDC approved a 30-day grace period for any medical exam conducted before August 1, 2008. At that time the new vaccinations, if appropriate, must be administered in order for USCIS to approve the applicants for their Adjustment of Status.

USCIS has revised the Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Form I-693) to include these new vaccination requirements. The June 5, 2008 edition of Form I-693 must be used for any medical examination completed on or after August 1, 2008.

AGE DOES COME INTO PLAY WHETHER YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOME OF THEM OR NOT.

Edited by Ampalaya, 25 July 2008 - 10:21 PM.

Denied K1, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption and US Citizenship. Dual citizenship.
All PAU!
Been there! Did it all!

#2 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,660 posts
  • lo

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE(Ampalaya @ Jul 25 2008, 06:10 PM) View Post
These are the new additional vaccinations that will be required for AOS after Aug 1, 2008
http://www.uscis.gov...PR_20080724.pdf

I have heard some are very expensive. No idea if you can get them cheaper in the Philippines before you go to the US.

CDC’s revised Technical Instructions to Civil Surgeons for Vaccination Requirements require the following age-appropriate additional vaccinations for the applicants undergoing their Adjustment of Status to legal permanent resident:
Rotavirus
Hepatitis A
Meningococcal
Human papillomavirus
Zoster
The requirements for these new vaccines went into effect on July 1, 2008, however CDC approved a 30-day grace period for any medical exam conducted before August 1, 2008. At that time the new vaccinations, if appropriate, must be administered in order for USCIS to approve the applicants for their Adjustment of Status.

USCIS has revised the Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Form I-693) to include these new vaccination requirements. The June 5, 2008 edition of Form I-693 must be used for any medical examination completed on or after August 1, 2008.

AGE DOES COME INTO PLAY WHETHER YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOME OF THEM OR NOT.

Your URL does not work.

I assume you meant: http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Note that this applies to aliens who are having their medical exam in the U.S. The requirements for aliens having their medical exams overseas were revised last year. The updated vaccination requirements for Panel Physicians (overseas Civil Surgeon equivalent) can be found here: http://www.cdc.gov/n...pdf/ti_vacc.pdf See page 15 for age appropriateness. The new I-693 must be used now as well for adjusting status, but only the vaccination supplement part of the form needs to be filled out and signed by the Civil Surgeon. The instructions for the I-693 contains information for 'K' visa holders in regards to this (in the F.A.Q. section).

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#3 chika2

chika2
  • Members
  • 88 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:08 PM

what about those who had their medical exam done in the Philipines but chose to have their vaccination done in the US when they got here (as an option for K1) before August 2008, let's say sometime in June and haven't submitted the AOS yet or will submit it after August? Do they need to get the additional shots before finally mailing the AOS packet?

#4 Richard90027

Richard90027
  • Banned
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Web Application Programming, Visual Basic, C#, HTML
  • ca

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:51 PM

This Human papillomavirus vaccine has not been approved for women over the age of 26 and it sounds to me like this vaccine is still experimental.

Here is a quote from the american cancer society "Any woman who finds out that she was pregnant when she got the vaccine is encouraged to call the HPV vaccine in pregnancy registry at 1-800-986-8999. Information from this registry will help us learn how pregnant women respond to the vaccine. Pregnant women who have started the vaccine series should complete the series after their baby is born. "

Here is another Quote
"There have been 15 reports of sudden death after vaccination. The CDC says after careful review of the 10 reports that had adequate information for analysis, CDC could not establish the causal relationship between vaccination and death."

Edited by Richard90027, 31 July 2008 - 12:40 AM.

#5 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,660 posts
  • lo

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(chika2 @ Jul 28 2008, 05:08 PM) View Post
what about those who had their medical exam done in the Philipines but chose to have their vaccination done in the US when they got here (as an option for K1) before August 2008, let's say sometime in June and haven't submitted the AOS yet or will submit it after August? Do they need to get the additional shots before finally mailing the AOS packet?

If you declined the vaccinations at St. Lukes you will need to get all of the age-appropriate vaccinations and the I-693 vaccination supplement part filled out by a Civil Surgeon before you will be able to adjust status. Vaccination requirements can be found at my link above, see page 15 of http://www.cdc.gov/n...pdf/ti_vacc.pdf

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#6 gen

gen
  • Members
  • 617 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ca

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:55 PM

i will have my td shots this coming september..,, sometimes i get confused when i read this.. i hope i can bring mrkgrismer during the td shots! lol! kidding...the closer the td shots the more im being nervous coz i hate needles/shots.
Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

#7 chika2

chika2
  • Members
  • 88 posts
  • te

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE(MrkGrismer @ Jul 29 2008, 06:30 AM) View Post
If you declined the vaccinations at St. Lukes you will need to get all of the age-appropriate vaccinations and the I-693 vaccination supplement part filled out by a Civil Surgeon before you will be able to adjust status. Vaccination requirements can be found at my link above, see page 15 of http://www.cdc.gov/n...pdf/ti_vacc.pdf

Yes, I declined the vaccinations at St. Luke's. About a month after the wedding (last year), I completed the required shots with a civil surgeon coz I was preparing to submit my AOS that year (only to find out that the cosponsor backed out and we werent able to submit the AOS, but this is another story already). So I completed the necessary shots last year which I believe don't "expire" unlike the medical exam. And now, the USCIS is requiring additional shots. So my question is, if I were to mail my AOS packet after August this year, would i need to get the additional shots first or is my I-693 still considered complete since those were the only shots required last year.

Edited by chika2, 30 July 2008 - 09:40 PM.

#8 Ampalaya

Ampalaya

Latest creation!

• 4,744 posts
  • Interests:Staying VERTICAL!!
  • ca
  • Local Office:Honolulu.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE(chika2 @ Jul 30 2008, 11:34 AM) View Post
Yes, I declined the vaccinations at St. Luke's. About a month after the wedding (last year), I completed the required shots with a civil surgeon coz I was preparing to submit my AOS that year (only to find out that the cosponsor backed out and we werent able to submit the AOS, but this is another story already). So I completed the necessary shots last year which I believe don't "expire" unlike the medical exam. And now, the USCIS is requiring additional shots. So my question is, if I were to mail my AOS packet after August this year, would i need to get the additional shots first or is my I-693 still considered complete since those were the only shots required last year.

You will have to comply with the new rules and regulations.

Denied K1, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption and US Citizenship. Dual citizenship.
All PAU!
Been there! Did it all!

#9 IamAGeek

IamAGeek

I am here to chill!

• 1,368 posts
  • Interests:Blogging
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • lo
  • Local Office:Orlando,FL

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:51 AM

Thankis.Very heplful.
My blog site, A Laid Back Life In Ormond Beach (hosted by iPage).

#10 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,660 posts
  • lo

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(chika2 @ Jul 30 2008, 05:34 PM) View Post

As Ampalaya said, you would have to comply with the new rules. However, if you are over 26 years old I don't believe there are any 'additional shots' that you need.

While the shots don't expire, there may be one or more shots that you are due for the next in the series, which might be a good idea for you to get anyway, depending on whether you got the Td or the Tdap, and possibly the #2 Varicella shot. See the link that I have already posted for more information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users