16 replies to this topic

#1 canman

canman
  • Members
  • 140 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ne

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:37 PM

Hi could someone help me translate some text exchanges? I would really appreciate it....

1. Tex stv nga i will agree one half of her salary will be sent to her parents.Pinay na c sarah?

2.Mao man ingon stv nga one haf sa imo swldo padala imo mama.Wla pa d i ka uli nyo balay?Admitado stv nga he made some mstakes sa imo to change some of ur ways.

3.Ngano d i iya ka dapatan?Ko n iya ka dapatan biyae na.M ao ni iya tex i made some mistakes to change some of her ways .

4.La pud ka niya gikuha.Mo ba kasyon daw cya oct.Adto sia rgao. Ok ra pud imo gipuy an ?Foriegner pud iya bana.

5. Cge pa mo comunicate stv.W la pud cya ngayo pasaylo.

6. wala pa ko mo uli didto uncle dli pa ko ready balik niya

7.cge pa ngau man sad sy sorry

8.ok ra man puro lang pinay akng kauban diri ug iyang igsuon ilang mama tua sa laing states

9.wala man sad ko dapatan niya baba lang mang moyboy

Thank you very much for your help.

Steve
http://pg.photos.yah..._love/my_photos
Steve & Jessie
Tagbiliran
Siargao
Easton, WA, USA

#2 chika2

chika2
  • Members
  • 88 posts
  • te

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(canman @ Jul 7 2008, 02:37 PM) View Post
Hi could someone help me translate some text exchanges? I would really appreciate it....

1. Tex stv nga i will agree one half of her salary will be sent to her parents.Pinay na c sarah?
- Steve texts "I'll agree that half of her salary will be sent to her parents." Is Sarah a filipina?

2.Mao man ingon stv nga one haf sa imo swldo padala imo mama.Wla pa d i ka uli nyo balay?Admitado stv nga he made some mstakes sa imo to change some of ur ways.
- That's what Steve said that half of your salary will go to (be sent to) your mom. Haven't you come home yet? Steve admits that he made some mistakes to change some of your ways.

3.Ngano d i iya ka dapatan?Ko n iya ka dapatan biyae na.M ao ni iya tex i made some mistakes to change some of her ways .
- Why does he hurt (physically) you? If he hurts you, then leave him. This is his text, I made some msitakes to change some of her ways.

4.La pud ka niya gikuha.Mo ba kasyon daw cya oct.Adto sia rgao. Ok ra pud imo gipuy an ?Foriegner pud iya bana.
- Didn't he come to get you? He says he's gonna take a vacation in October to rgao (i'm assuming Argao). Are you ok with where you're staying? Is her (?) husband also a foreigner?

- Do you and Steve still communicate? Didn't he ask for forgiveness?

- I haven't gone back to Uncle's place yet. I'm still not ready for when he comes back.

- He always says sorry

8.ok ra man puro lang pinay akng kauban diri ug iyang igsuon ilang mama tua sa laing states
- Just ok. My company are filipinas and his (?) sister. His mom is in another state.

9.wala man sad ko dapatan niya. baba lang mang moyboy
- He doesn't hurt me. I dont know how to say the second sentence in English but moyboy is when you count to or remind someone what you've done for them which is a negative attitude in Filipino culture.

I didn't translate each sentence word-for-word. I translated it based on how I understood the conversation. I figured that stv is the text abbreviation of your name. The question mark after her and his means whoever the person writing the text is referring to.

Steve

Edited by chika2, 07 July 2008 - 11:01 PM.

#3 Miss L.

Miss L.
  • Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • ca

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE(canman @ Jul 7 2008, 09:37 PM) View Post

Steve

#6} i think it says. I never go back home yet Uncle. Im not ready yet. Just to clarify that she is talking to her uncle. Thats what i understand this sentence.
#4} is she translate it right but the place is Siargao.

Edited by Mrs Lewman, 08 July 2008 - 12:41 AM.

#4 canman

canman
  • Members
  • 140 posts
  • ne

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:12 AM

Thank you both very much for your help....I think I had most of it figured out....

Steve
http://pg.photos.yah..._love/my_photos
Steve & Jessie
Tagbiliran
Siargao
Easton, WA, USA

#5 Ellen

Ellen
  • 1,037 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • Local Office:Honolulu

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:04 AM

oh? dry.gif hahayz.. huh.gif right, it's just not nice to "moyboy" you know because it feels like that now you have debts to pay sad.gif oh sorry..

Naturalized US Citizen since January 2013

I-130 for Parents

02-13-2013: Mailed the Application to Petition both parents
02-20-2013: Notice of Action; National Benefits Center for processing; MSC# to check case status online

8 months later..

10-21-2013: Cases are transferred to another office. Status: Initial Review

10-22-2013: Cases are transferred to Nebraska Services Center. (Decision is within 60 days, if nothing, call Customer Service)

11-07-2013: Mother is approved.

11-13-2013: My father is approved.

National Visa Center

Mother

12-09-2013: Mother's case arrived at the NVC

12-23-2013: Got mother's NVC number via phone

12-24-2013: Sent DS-261 Choice of Agent online and Pay for Affidavit of Support (AOS) processing fee

12-30-2013: Sent the AOS forms and documents to NVC; Pay Immigrant Visa processing fees

01-06-2014: IV Fees Paid

01-07-2014: Sent Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260)

01-29-2014: Received and sent back AOS Checklist

01-31-2014: Received IV Checklist

Father

12-16-2013: Father's case arrived at the NVC

01-09-2014: Got MNL case number via phone

01-16-2014: Sent DS-261 Choice Of Agent online

01-29-2014: Sent I-864 AOS and IV docs

01-30-2014: IV Paid; Sent DS-260 IV online

02-19-2014: AOS Checklist

02-24-2014: IV Checklist

03-07-2014: Case Complete for both parents

03-24-2014: Medical Exams  Passed

04-01-2014: Interview Date by NVC (USEmbassy Manila)

VISA APPROVED! :D

#6 Miss L.

Miss L.
  • Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • ca

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE(Ellen @ Jul 8 2008, 04:04 AM) View Post
oh? dry.gif hahayz.. huh.gif right, it's just not nice to "moyboy" you know because it feels like that now you have debts to pay sad.gif oh sorry..

Yeah i agree i think thats one of the problem. This is a lesson for one of us. It is not good for a reletion to always keep bringing up something everytime they have an arguement. Mostly when it comes to money. When you give then forget it it will not going back.
Just put it in mind that you help to those in need. Dont keep bringing it up coz you will hurt that person.

#7 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,702 posts
  • lo

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

9.wala man sad ko dapatan niya. baba lang mang moyboy
- He doesn't hurt me. I dont know how to say the second sentence in English but moyboy is when you count to or remind someone what you've done for them which is a negative attitude in Filipino culture.

I believe that would be along the lines of "He just doesn't let go of past incidents." Or possibly "He always reminds me of what he has done for me." or possibly "He always reminds me of how much I owe him."

The last two possiblities that I presented here are also bad in American culture. It is sometimes done by parents in an attempt to exercise control over their children.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#8 felixDcat

felixDcat
  • 510 posts
  • lo

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:48 PM

agree with Mark's translation of "moyboy" ... it is more painful than being physically hurt.

"I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. ~Rita Rudner"

#9 asianstreak

asianstreak
  • Banned
  • 6,039 posts
  • Interests:too many to mentions
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(canman @ Jul 7 2008, 09:37 PM) View Post

Steve

hello STEVE...SHE IS FROM ARGAO?!!!! huh.gif ohmy.gif I recieve a news from friend of mine about a lady who runnaway from her husband.I did not think we could meet here.I am from ARGAO TOO!

1.Tex steve one of her salary will be sent to her parents.Is sarah a filipina?
2.Thats why according to Steve half of your salary should be send to your mother.So you haven't go back to your house yet?Steve admitted that he has done a mistake from you so that you can change some of your ways.
3.Why did he hurts you? If thats that the case you must leave him.This is some of his text,i made some mistakes to change some of her ways.
4.He did not come to get you?He said he will take vacation this Oct.in argao.Are you okey in that place where you stay at?Is her husband a foreigner?
5.Are you still communicating with Steve.Did'n he ask for apology?
6.I have not gone back there uncle,I am not ready to go back for him.
7.Yeah he always ask for sorry
8.I am okey,most of my companions were all filipinas and their mom is in the other states.
9.NO,He did not hurt me ,he is only good by mouth

Well,I guess she is Okey..Just give her space for a while

AsianStreak

#10 chika2

chika2
  • Members
  • 88 posts
  • te

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE(Mrs Lewman @ Jul 7 2008, 05:40 PM) View Post
#6} i think it says. I never go back home yet Uncle. Im not ready yet. Just to clarify that she is talking to her uncle. Thats what i understand this sentence.
#4} is she translate it right but the place is Siargao.

you're right. I just also figured out that #6 is steve's wife's text reply and that the person asking the questions is her uncle. I thought all the texts I translated were from the same person (the uncle).

Edited by chika2, 10 July 2008 - 01:07 AM.

#11 chika2

chika2
  • Members
  • 88 posts
  • te

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:17 AM

#3.Ngano d i iya ka dapatan?Ko n iya ka dapatan biyae na.M ao ni iya tex i made some mistakes to change some of her ways .
- Why does he hurt (physically) you? If he hurts you, then leave him. This is his text, I made some msitakes to change some of her ways.

just to add something to my own reply. #3 could be translated to Why, does he hurt you?. But since there is no comma between ngano d i (why) and iya ka dapatan? (does he hurt you) in the original text, I didn't put comma between why and does he hurt you in my reply either. The comma could only be a small difference but when you read the 2 different translations, there is a big difference in meaning.

a.) Ngano d i iya ka dapatan? (without comma) - translated as: why does he hurt you?
b.) Ngano d i, iya ka dapatan? (take note of the comma)- translated as: why, does he hurt you?

But #9 (and its translation) of the original post already gives the answer to this question.

Edited by chika2, 10 July 2008 - 01:22 AM.

#12 Ellen

Ellen
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE(felixDcat @ Jul 9 2008, 02:48 AM) View Post
agree with Mark's translation of "moyboy" ... it is more painful than being physically hurt.

huh.gif for me physical abuse is more brutal though.. i could take the words, and blow them out from my ears, but i couldn't take the phyiscal hurt oouucch!!! ohmy.gif

I-130 for Parents

02-20-2013: Notice of Action; National Benefits Center for processing; MSC# to check case status online

8 months later..

10-22-2013: Cases are transferred to Nebraska Services Center. (Decision is within 60 days, if nothing, call Customer Service)

National Visa Center

Mother

12-24-2013: Sent DS-261 Choice of Agent online and Pay for Affidavit of Support (AOS) processing fee

12-30-2013: Sent the AOS forms and documents to NVC; Pay Immigrant Visa processing fees

01-07-2014: Sent Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260)

Father

#13 asianstreak

asianstreak
  • Banned
  • 6,039 posts
  • ca

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:14 AM

My previous bf tried to hit with a chair.Oh my god! I look at him as he is a devil.He is so jealous and so is my late husband too.I have no patience with that either .Althoug in most cases I do have patience.He is a man and I am a woman come to think of it .Can you value your strength compared to a man?I am so happy my husband now is so forgiving (wich I pray to god that he will give me a good husband).He always replied YES DEAR,YES DEAR YES DEAR!! LOL

#14 asianstreak

asianstreak
  • Banned
  • 6,039 posts
  • ca

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE(MrkGrismer @ Jul 8 2008, 01:02 PM) View Post
I believe that would be along the lines of "He just doesn't let go of past incidents." Or possibly "He always reminds me of what he has done for me." or possibly "He always reminds me of how much I owe him."

The last two possiblities that I presented here are also bad in American culture. It is sometimes done by parents in an attempt to exercise control over their children.

Mark ,I dont think its only americans who did this kind of attitude.Even my late husband always reminded me of what he has done to me which is If I think all about it ,if not I got fooled by his promises ,I think wont marry him in a young age(18)and I can able to finished my degree.

#15 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,702 posts
  • lo

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(asianstreak @ Jul 9 2008, 11:21 PM) View Post
Mark ,I dont think its only americans who did this kind of attitude.Even my late husband always reminded me of what he has done to me which is If I think all about it ,if not I got fooled by his promises ,I think wont marry him in a young age(18)and I can able to finished my degree.

I did not intend to imply that it was only an American fault, only to relay that it is also done by some Americans. I am sure it is a failing of people in every country all over the world.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#16 felixDcat

felixDcat
  • 510 posts
  • lo

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(Ellen @ Jul 10 2008, 10:51 AM) View Post
huh.gif for me physical abuse is more brutal though.. i could take the words, and blow them out from my ears, but i couldn't take the phyiscal hurt oouucch!!! ohmy.gif

I am referring to things that is being said to you brutally, not just a simple words that you can still tolerate and as you said blow those words out of your ears.

At least, if someone is physically hurt, there is of course bruises and you can cure it with medicine or something and the bruise will be gone. But if someone is emotionally hurt.... it is always there clinging to your mind and emotion. And mostly, other people can't see your pain because it is deep within you. And for me, emotional pain is harder and more painful...emotional pain causes depression.

"I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. ~Rita Rudner"

#17 Ellen

Ellen
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE(felixDcat @ Jul 11 2008, 03:43 AM) View Post
I am referring to things that is being said to you brutally, not just a simple words that you can still tolerate and as you said blow those words out of your ears.

At least, if someone is physically hurt, there is of course bruises and you can cure it with medicine or something and the bruise will be gone. But if someone is emotionally hurt.... it is always there clinging to your mind and emotion. And mostly, other people can't see your pain because it is deep within you. And for me, emotional pain is harder and more painful...emotional pain causes depression.

Yes I believe you.. but I myself could really take the emotional pain than physical hurt though most of the time we really feel depressed when we are physically abused, we could really feel them together.. i'd been emotionally abused in the past, and i learned to guard myself not to shrink them deep within me..because at that time, the only person who could help me is myself, so i needed to be strong..well with the help of time smile.gif..oh my god! ohmy.gif just really don't hit me..and see the bruises..i couldn't take it and the scar noo the scars! which will always remind me noo! or worse? i'll end in the hospital..then i'll be broke..then it will be harder to move on, because my face is ruined, my arms have stitches etc etc ohmy.gif

So i guess, it depends on the person..i told my husband, you can slice me with your words.. i'll not be broken.. hit me then he will never see me again.. oh thank God hubby is never like that wwheew! laugh.gif

Edited by Ellen, 13 July 2008 - 05:05 AM.

I-130 for Parents

8 months later..

National Visa Center

Mother

Father

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users