#1 eanah

eanah
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:55 AM

To all,

I am getting ready for my filing of AOS but when I went to the clinic surgeon in our area- the nurse said I have to have blood test again and the x-ray and they want me to pay $245 and they wouldn't accept my husband's insurance where I am also now a member. It is really neccessary to do the bld test and x-ray again? And does anybody know why wouldn't thay accept my husbands insurance which I am already a member and I already have my insurance card.

I would appreciate any answers, I am so confused right now... And by the way, do I use my husbands last name in filing for my AOS?

Thank you to all and God Bless!

#2 johnlovelyn

johnlovelyn
  • 738 posts
  • Interests:likes to surf the net,loves to window shop...and go places that ive never been...
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca
  • Local Office:ASC-Memphis

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE(eanah @ Jun 17 2008, 09:55 PM) View Post
To all,

I am getting ready for my filing of AOS but when I went to the clinic surgeon in our area- the nurse said I have to have blood test again and the x-ray and they want me to pay $245 and they wouldn't accept my husband's insurance where I am also now a member. It is really neccessary to do the bld test and x-ray again? And does anybody know why wouldn't thay accept my husbands insurance which I am already a member and I already have my insurance card.

I would appreciate any answers, I am so confused right now... And by the way, do I use my husbands last name in filing for my AOS?

oh men!!!its so expensive and a rip off!!!all i know is that you will have to get a td shot(and sealed in a envelope)...unless you have a different case of med exams when you are still there in the philippines...

you also have to use your married name in filing forms for AOS...
my imeem music page:<u><a href="http://profile.imeem.com/SX4H5m2" target="_blank">My page</a></u>
<a href="http://www.myspace.c...om/lynctallant" target="_blank">My myspace</a>
check this site!!!!its so cool like friendster and myspace!!!
<a href="http://r.yuwie.com/lyntallant" target="_blank">Yuwie.Invite.Hangout.Get Paid.</a>

Met Lyn Online at Cherryblossoms.com--6/17/06
Met in Person--10/26/06
Proposed Marriage--10/27/06
K1 Visa app mailed (California Service Center)- 12/28/06
NOA-1 Reciept Notice- 1/16/07
NOA-2 Aprroved!!!!!!- 4/02/07
NVC MNL Case # Assigned (Packet Forwarded to US Embassy Manila)--4/25/07
Packet 4 Recieved: 5/25/2007
St. Luke's Appointment Date: July 03, 2007
Embassy Appointment Date: July 10, 2007 (Put On AR/Birth Cert. Problems)
Visa on Hand:August 6,2007
Fly to US:August 19,2007
MARRIED:Sept. 8, 2007
----------AOS Timeline---------
AOS Package Sent:March 21, 2008
Delivered to Chicago by USPS:March 23,2008 (Easter Sunday)
Received two NOA(AOS and EAD):March 31, 2008
Recieved Biometrics Letter:April 5, 2008
Biometrics Schedule:April 15, 2008 (DONE!!!yahooo!!!)
RFE for Birth Certificate(which i dont know why????) : April 17, 2008
Send RFE : April 18, 2008
Recieved RFE by USCIS : April 24, 2008
Case transfered to CSC : May 1, 2008(so happyyyy yahooo!!!!)
Touched!!! : May 2, 2008
Touched!!! : May 8, 2008
Touched!!! : May 9, 2008
Touched again!!! : May 15, 2008
huh?touch again?!!!! : May 16, 2008
Touched again!!! : May 18, 2008
Touched again!!! : May 19, 2008(hmmmmmm...dont know if its good sign or not)
Card production order!!! : June 4, 2008 [3:30pm](weeeeeeeeeee!!!!hehehhe lol)
Welcoming me as a new resident in US of A!!!! : June 4, 2008[11pm](*shock* *shock* was really surprised!!!)
Touched!!! : June 5, 2008
Approval notice sent!!! : June 6, 2008
Welcome letter Notice received(mail)!!! : June 9, 2008
Greencard in Hand!!!(wooooohoooo!!!!) : June Friday the 13th, 2008
Approved EAD : June 25, 2008
Recieved EAD : August 4, 2008

---------REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS----------------
Filed : March 8, 2010
Received NOA1 : March 22, 2010
Recieved Biometrics appointment letter: April 1, 2010
Biometrics Appointment : April 16,2010 (didnt got reschedule but friends drive me there)
Greencard in Hand: June 25, 2005 - Got my 10 yrs greencard yohoooo!!!

<b>CURRENT ACTIVITIES</b>
Applied for SSN : June 13, 2008.....................SSN received: July 12, 2008(28 days of waiting).....
Got Learner's Permit : July 21, 2008....................Driver's License : July 25, 2008
Start to work : August 6, 2008( Ruby Tuesday)
Laid of from work: January 6, 2009 (store closed) huhuhuhuhuhu
Start workin at Sleep Inn Suites and Hotel : March 9, 2009( not working here now)
Start workin at Cracker Barrel last March 26th, 2009(not working here anymore)
Countrywood Assisted Living : May 8, 2009 (quit)
Taking CNA Program - August 2, 2010
Passed CNA - Oct 20, 2010
Gone to Vacation( Philippines)- March 2011
Working at a Retirement HC facility - June 23, 2011 *current*

#3 destiny_kisses

destiny_kisses
  • 270 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:25 AM

Check for other civil surgeons in your area. Here's the link https://egov.uscis.g...fice_type=CIV... Goodluck!
K1 VISA TIMELINE

March '07: Mailed Form I-129
03-30-07: NOA 1
07-11-07: NOA 2 - Petition Approved
07-30-07: NVC notification letter with Case Number
08-25-07: Received packet
09-27-07: St. Luke's Medical Exam (for 2 days Sept. 27 & 28, 2007)
10-05-07: Interview = APPROVED...GOD IS REALLY GOOD
10-17-07: VISA ON HAND!!! Thank God!
01-28-08: Flight schedule
02-18-08: Wedding

AOS TIMELINE

02-27-08: AOS Application mailed
03-10-08: NOA Received
03-13-08: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received
03-16-08: Case Status visible online
03-21-08: Biometrics Appointment
04-30-08: EAD Card production (from CRIS)
05-05-08: EAD Card received
05-31-08: Interview Notice Received
07-07-08: Interview = APPROVED
07-07-08: Card production ordered (from CRIS)
07-12-08: Welcome Notice Received
07-14-08: GC Received! Thank God!

REMOVAL OF CONDITION TIMELINE
05-02-10: Petition Mailed
05-10-10: NOA Received
05-20-10: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received
06-09-10: Biometrics Appointment
08-20-10: Card production ordered
08-30-10: GC Received! Thank God!

#4 Felicity

Felicity

(*0*)c",) If you want to know someone, ask his FRIENDS...

• 7,245 posts
  • Interests:theater arts, painting,photography,web designing,musical instruments,speeches,visa process,life abroad,people, clubs-Toastmasters Club, Rotary Club, Rotaract Club, Scouting,blogging<br /><br />&quot;Never explain yourself to anyone. Because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person who dislikes you won't believe it.&quot;
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • ca
  • Local Office:Fresno

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:32 AM

call first and make some inquiries before making appointments smile.gif

#5 Ampalaya

Ampalaya

Latest creation!

• 4,744 posts
  • Interests:Staying VERTICAL!!
  • ca
  • Local Office:Honolulu.

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE(eanah @ Jun 17 2008, 04:55 PM) View Post
To all,

Yes you can use hubbies name for applying for GC.

Should do a full medical if you've been in US for less than a year from St.Lukes medical until AOS filing date.
Shouldn't pay much more than $100 either.
Denied K1, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption and US Citizenship. Dual citizenship.
All PAU!
Been there! Did it all!

#6 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,710 posts
  • lo

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE(eanah @ Jun 17 2008, 10:55 PM) View Post
To all,

You do not need those things. They misunderstand what you need. Call them back or call another civil surgeon and make sure that you tell them that you are on a K non-immigrant visa and have already had your complete medical within the past year by a Panel Physician overseas. Make sure that they understand that you only need the vaccinations that are indicated on your vaccination record as not having been done (generally it will say "Not generally available").

In addition, you may want to print out the form and instructions in advance, you can get both here: http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

(A civil surgeon locator link is also on that page)

On the instructions, hilight the following (on page 4):

2. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?
If you were admitted as a:
A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e), or as a B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen, and
C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then-
a. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination.
a. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination.
b. You will, however, be required to complete Part 1, Information about you, and submit the vaccination section of Part 2 with your
adjustment of status application. A designated civil surgeon must complete the vaccination section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's
Certification.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#7 davidandnikki

davidandnikki
  • Banned
  • 256 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:CA

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE(eanah @ Jun 17 2008, 07:55 PM) View Post
To all,

HI! Nikki here. I am currently filing AOS that I could have done a couple of weeks back had I immediately noticed that my BC was not in my file and that I needed to request for a new copy to send here in USA. Anyway, that delay is over and I am now filing my AOS.

In this regard, I want to share a couple of information regarding the revised 1-693 form and filing instructions for Civil Surgeons (effective May 1, 2008) that will hopefully help you.

My surgeon gave me a very detailed information about the revised 1-693 in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). There is a technical instruction for the Tuberculosis (TB) Component of the Civil Surgeon Medical Exam and the revised instructions include new requirements for the TB Component of the medical exam effective May 1, 2008 that involve blood test, skin test and an x-ray test.

When I clearly explained to my surgeon that I already had my full/complete medical examinations in the Philippines with a panel of Physicians less than 6 months ago from a high end clinic (designated by USE Manila) and that I was instructed to just have the vaccination I didn't have in the Philippines here in USA for AOS, he told me that the process used to just involve vaccination not taken in the country that patient is from and that they normally leave the TB test section of 1-693 blank until USCIS (just recently) sent a memo to all designated Civil Surgeons of USCIS of the revised TB Technical Instructions and that leaving that section of 1-693 is not allowed anymore and that leaving that section blank can cause an immediate denial of the AOS application.

As regards the amount that they are charging you, that is actually cheaper compared to the amount other Civil surgeons charge, although you should verify with your Civil Surgeon office/secretary if the quote/price they gave you is the full amount for the immigration medical inclusive of other tests or if that amount is just for the Immigration medical/1-693 completion excluding other necessary tests. There is a separate charge for the Immigration Medical (completion of 1-693) and an individual/separate charge for the other necessary test instructed by the Civil Surgeon to be performed.

Having said all these information, I believe your Civil Surgeon gave you the right information about the whole 1-693 filing/medical procedure. The only important factors you should look into right now are (1) the possibility of using your husbands health insurance to shoulder the costs and (2) the possibility of finding a Civil surgeon that charges a cheaper cost for the whole medical procedure for your 1-693. I am sure there are USCIS designated Civil Surgeons who charge less than the amount you posted.

For further information about the revised 1-693 and the Memorandum for TB Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons, you can check these links Report of Medical Exam and Vaccination
TB Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons

I hope my post helps you unlock the dilemma you have about the whole 1-693 process. All the BEST!

NG

NB
Part of the revised instructions for Civil Surgeon in the skin (TB) test is when you get a reaction a couple of days after the test is performed (i.e. the skin where the needle for the test is inserted gets inflated or protruded (swollen) for more than 2 mm then that is the only time your Surgeon or Surgeon's nurse will request for/perform an x-ray test). The skin inflation could show that you are positive of skin TB therefore an x-ray test will verify your standing.

Edited by davidandnikki, 20 June 2008 - 08:41 PM.

#8 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,710 posts
  • lo

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

The Technical Instructions for Panel Physicans was revised concerning TB screening in 2007. Please see: http://www.cdc.gov/n...tb_8_9_2007.pdf

The TB screening that the Panel Physican does at St. Lukes is ALL THAT IS NEEDED. No new screening is necessary when the visa receipient goes to the U.S.

Active TB makes a visa applicant INADMISSIBLE. That is, there is NO WAY to get a visa to the U.S. if you are diagnosed as having Active TB by the Panel Physicians at St. Lukes. Such a diagnosis normally leads to a treatment program. Once the TB is no longer Active then the applicant becomes admissible (with a Class B medical condition).

If TB is not found during the testing at St. Lukes then it is no longer an issue during the typical visa process. The chances of contracting TB while on the plane or in the time between leaving St. Lukes and filing the AOS are normally miniscule.

Nikki, your Civil Surgeon misunderstood the memo. That memo applies to Aliens who are receiving their medical examination IN THE U.S. Typically these are aliens who are in the U.S. on nonimmigrant visas other then 'K' visas who are adjusting status (student or work visas) and were not given a medical examination by an overseas panel physician.

If a Civil Surgeon attempts to charge a 'K' visa holder for anything beyond the vaccinations that St. Lukes was unable to give, plus maybe a charge for filling out the form then the Civil Surgeon is mistaken and is ripping you off. PERIOD. Find another Civil Surgeon.

If your St. Lukes Medical exaam is less then one year old then only if you get an RFE to your AOS application telling you that you need a new phyisical exam and/or TB skin test should you pay for one from a designated Civil Surgeon. Unless you feel like paying for something that is unnecessary.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#9 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,710 posts
  • lo

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE(davidandnikki @ Jun 19 2008, 03:33 PM) View Post
sent a memo to all designated Civil Surgeons of USCIS of the revised TB Technical Instructions and that leaving that section of 1-693 is not allowed anymore and that leaving that section blank can cause an immediate denial of the AOS application.

Note that the above is incorrect (possibly even a bold-faced LIE). The complete text of the memo:

http://www.cdc.gov/n...surgeon_ltr.pdf

To: All Civil Surgeons
Division of Global Migration and Quarantine (DGMQ)
Date: May 1, 2008
Subject: Release of New Civil Surgeon Tuberculosis (TB) Technical Instructions

This memo announces the release of the new TB Component of the Technical Instructions for the Medical Examination of Aliens in the United States. These new TB Technical Instructions replace the TB section of the June 1991 Technical Instructions. The new Instructions supersede all previous Technical Instructions, Updates to the Technical Instructions, and memoranda and letters regarding the Technical Instructions, as pertains to TB screening.

The new TB Technical Instructions are effective May 1, 2008.

Highlights of the major changes in this release of the TB Technical Instructions are:
  • Sputum cultures for M. tuberculosis, and drug susceptibility testing for positive cultures, are required for applicants with chest radiograph findings suggestive of active TB disease. These new tests are mandatory in addition to the previously-required sputum microscopy for acid fast bacteria. Health department practitioners will decide if these tests are needed for applicants with chest radiographs suggestive of inactive TB and for applicants with clinical presentations.
  • Applicants with Class A (either smear or culture positive) TB must complete a full course of TB treatment. Completion of therapy is required prior to medical clearance for TB by the civil surgeon, for purposes of this examination and the United States Immigration and Citizenship Services (USCIS).
  • A chest radiograph is required for all applicants with a tuberculin skin test (TST) reaction of 5 mm or greater of induration, including pregnant (or possibly pregnant) women. Previously, the chest radiograph could be waived for a pregnant applicant if she had a scar or other evidence of BCG vaccination and denied having any TB-related symptoms. This exception is no longer permissible. If the applicant decides to undergo a radiograph during pregnancy, the possible risks of radiation to the fetus should be explained to her and informed consent obtained, confirmed by a signed consent form. If she wishes, the applicant may defer the radiograph until after delivery, but the civil surgeon cannot sign the medical examination form until the radiograph is performed and interpreted, and treatment for Class A pulmonary TB disease, if needed, is completed.
  • A chest radiograph is now required for applicants with a TST reaction of less than 5 mm of induration (including no induration) who have:
    • Signs or symptoms consistent with active TB disease.
    • Immunosuppression for any reason (e.g., HIV infection; immunosuppressive therapy equivalent to or greater than 15 mg/day of prednisone for one month or longer; or history of organ transplantation).
  • Definitions of chest radiographic findings that are suggestive of TB disease are provided to assist the civil surgeon in determining the proper TB classification. These descriptions are presented in Appendix B of the TB Technical Instructions.
  • A new TB classification (Class B: Latent TB Infection Needing Evaluation for Treatment) should be used for all applicants who are recent arrivals to the United States (less than 5 years) from countries with a high TB prevalence, with a Mantoux TST reaction of 10 mm or greater of induration, and no evidence of TB disease. See Section V of the TB Technical Instructions for other conditions for which referral for evaluation for treatment of latent TB infection is recommended. The civil surgeon should pro-actively contact the TB Control Program of the local health department to identify specific sources of treatment for latent TB infection and make the appropriate referral.
  • Class B3 (consistent with old, healed TB disease) has been eliminated.
  • TST Instructions. Appendix A includes directions for the proper procedures that civil surgeons must follow in the storage of purified protein derivative (PPD), and the administration and interpretation of the TST.

The new TB Technical Instructions are available at http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/civil.htm. This site also contains the 1991 Technical Instructions for the non-TB portions of the medical examination (other infectious diseases, mental health conditions, etc.) and the Vaccination Technical Instructions. The civil surgeon should continue to follow these other Technical Instructions for the non-TB portions of the examination.

Updates to the Technical Instructions are posted at http://www.cdc.gov/n.../dq/updates.htm.

DGMQ/CDC has posted a link at http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/civil.htm for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the new TB Technical Instructions. If clarification or further guidance is needed, contact CDC/DGMQ by fax at (404) 639-4441. Address the fax to “Civil Surgeon TB Technical Instructions”.

The new TB Technical Instructions are to be used in conjunction with the new I-693 form which is being released concurrently by USCIS. The new I-693 form can be identified by the list of seven TB classifications found at the bottom of its first page.

The new I-693 form is available on the USCIS website; the I-693 Form is not distributed by CDC/DGMQ.

Once again:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/civil.htm

These Technical Instructions are to be used by civil surgeons for all parts of the medical examination performed in the United States except vaccination and tuberculosis evaluation.

Medical exams performed outside the U.S. are normally valid for 1 year and a new medical exam/TB screening is not required. This is stated on the new I-693 instructions, as I already quoted above.

#10 davidandnikki

davidandnikki
  • Banned
  • 256 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:CA

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(MrkGrismer @ Jun 19 2008, 01:03 PM) View Post
The Technical Instructions for Panel Physicans was revised concerning TB screening in 2007. Please see: http://www.cdc.gov/n...tb_8_9_2007.pdf

The TB screening that the Panel Physican does at St. Lukes is ALL THAT IS NEEDED. No new screening is necessary when the visa receipient goes to the U.S.

Active TB makes a visa applicant INADMISSIBLE. That is, there is NO WAY to get a visa to the U.S. if you are diagnosed as having Active TB by the Panel Physicians at St. Lukes. Such a diagnosis normally leads to a treatment program. Once the TB is no longer Active then the applicant becomes admissible (with a Class B medical condition).

If TB is not found during the testing at St. Lukes then it is no longer an issue during the typical visa process. The chances of contracting TB while on the plane or in the time between leaving St. Lukes and filing the AOS are normally miniscule.

Nikki, your Civil Surgeon misunderstood the memo. That memo applies to Aliens who are receiving their medical examination IN THE U.S. Typically these are aliens who are in the U.S. on nonimmigrant visas other then 'K' visas who are adjusting status (student or work visas) and were not given a medical examination by an overseas panel physician.

If a Civil Surgeon attempts to charge a 'K' visa holder for anything beyond the vaccinations that St. Lukes was unable to give, plus maybe a charge for filling out the form then the Civil Surgeon is mistaken and is ripping you off. PERIOD. Find another Civil Surgeon.

If your St. Lukes Medical exaam is less then one year old then only if you get an RFE to your AOS application telling you that you need a new phyisical exam and/or TB skin test should you pay for one from a designated Civil Surgeon. Unless you feel like paying for something that is unnecessary.

Hi Mark! Thank You for the immediate response to my post. Your information is actually correct. That is the same understanding I have about how the whole 1-693 form and I apologize for the confusion. I was wanting to relay what my surgeon and I talked about here in WOF hoping to help other Filipina women going through the AOS process.

In resolution to the conflict, I talked to my surgeon's office again, this time geared with paperworks and links, discussed and verified the whole Immigration Medical process that I (being on K1 visa) should go through and eventually came up with an agreement that I am right with the information I have- I don't need to go through another Immigration Physical (medical exam). Since I already paid for the whole cost (for all the tests) his office will be giving me a refund of what I paid for (that's half of the cost I paid... laugh.gif ). Isn't that fun!!!!!His office further said that Surgeon's are not normally updated by Homeland Security with new rules and information.

Thank You again Mark. biggrin.gif

#11 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,710 posts
  • lo

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE(davidandnikki @ Jun 20 2008, 04:56 PM) View Post
Hi Mark! Thank You for the immediate response to my post. Your information is actually correct. That is the same understanding I have about how the whole 1-693 form and I apologize for the confusion. I was wanting to relay what my surgeon and I talked about here in WOF hoping to help other Filipina women going through the AOS process.

In resolution to the conflict, I talked to my surgeon's office again, this time geared with paperworks and links, discussed and verified the whole Immigration Medical process that I (being on K1 visa) should go through and eventually came up with an agreement that I am right with the information I have- I don't need to go through another Immigration Physical (medical exam). Since I already paid for the whole cost (for all the tests) his office will be giving me a refund of what I paid for (that's half of the cost I paid... laugh.gif ). Isn't that fun!!!!!His office further said that Surgeon's are not normally updated by Homeland Security with new rules and information.

Thank You again Mark. biggrin.gif

You are welcome. This just goes to show you that knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle wink.gif

We have to keep in mind that normally a doctor only performs civil surgeon duties infrequently, and even the the majority of the time it is probably for people filing AOS from a work or student visa. I think the K visas are very rare for them to deal with and they get easily confused by it.

That is why it is nice that we all have this sharing of knowledge here so that we can go in with all the information.

#12 Chuck & Lyndy

Chuck & Lyndy
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • ve

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(MrkGrismer @ Jun 21 2008, 11:27 AM) View Post
You are welcome. This just goes to show you that knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle wink.gif

We have to keep in mind that normally a doctor only performs civil surgeon duties infrequently, and even the the majority of the time it is probably for people filing AOS from a work or student visa. I think the K visas are very rare for them to deal with and they get easily confused by it.

That is why it is nice that we all have this sharing of knowledge here so that we can go in with all the information.

Hello, Lyndy here. i also had my medical last June 8,2008, i bring with me my medical record and my x-ray film which i get from St. Luke and showed to the immigration accredited civil surgeon but he still insist i do medical here to ensure that i am physically fit. He charge me $183 for the whole process (hiv bloodtest, tb skin test and td shot)( was found tb positive so he requested me to have x-ray and i have it using my insurance card-it appeared negative thanks God). He recommend that if i had a medical insurance i can go to my doctor and have it done there but my husband insist to have it at this doctor's clinic for the benefit of the doubt and to ensure that the result would come out good. I suggest that you find doctor that would explain to you what you should do and would help you at a cheaper cost. Anyway that would be done once and all our concern is to get our green card and not to be denied. At least it is worth to wait our AOS being processed with no worries at all.

All the best and good luck.

Edited by Chuck & Lyndy, 25 June 2008 - 03:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users