7 replies to this topic

#1 mdel123

mdel123
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:17 AM

i have already nSO certificate of my marriage and birth certificate?do i need a red ribbon?im so confused!!

#2 bevs

bevs

i love my two boys

• Members
  • 1,204 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE(mdel123 @ Apr 4 2008, 10:17 AM) View Post
i have already nSO certificate of my marriage and birth certificate?do i need a red ribbon?im so confused!!

smile.gif

Edited by bevs, 09 April 2008 - 02:18 AM.

Were Complete , were a HaPpY FaMiLy.

B e V s & A l E x

i love my two angels. they are my GOd's gift.

AOS TIMELINE

NOA1 = 2/18/09
Biometric = 3/10/09
Case Transferred to CSC = 4/01/09
Travel Parole = 4/4/09
EAD = 4/8/09

http://www.treasuretrooper.com/490991

a good paying online survey. with lots of bonus and games that pays.

#3 Felicity

Felicity

(*0*)c",) If you want to know someone, ask his FRIENDS...

• 7,245 posts
  • Interests:theater arts, painting,photography,web designing,musical instruments,speeches,visa process,life abroad,people, clubs-Toastmasters Club, Rotary Club, Rotaract Club, Scouting,blogging<br /><br />&quot;Never explain yourself to anyone. Because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person who dislikes you won't believe it.&quot;
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • ca
  • Local Office:Fresno

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:48 AM

no

#4 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,534 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:48 AM

The original poster is talking about "Malacanang authentication," a legacy from earlier times and still required by some countires for proof of document legitimacy. When sending legal docs from the U.S. for use in the Philippines, such as Powers of Attorney, birth and marriage certs, they have to be "red-ribboned," or authenticated by RP consulates in the U.S. first.

The U.S. Embassy doe not recognize "red-ribbon authentication" or "Malacanang authentication" as proof of document legitimacy.

--Ray B

QUOTE(bevs @ Apr 3 2008, 09:59 PM) View Post
hi just wonder what red ribbon made u confused? cuz im confused with your post too.

#5 soniamull

soniamull
  • 1,790 posts
  • lo

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE(rbacon @ Apr 4 2008, 12:48 AM) View Post
The original poster is talking about "Malacanang authentication," a legacy from earlier times and still required by some countires for proof of document legitimacy. When sending legal docs from the U.S. for use in the Philippines, such as Powers of Attorney, birth and marriage certs, they have to be "red-ribboned," or authenticated by RP consulates in the U.S. first.
The U.S. Embassy doe not recognize "red-ribbon authentication" or "Malacanang authentication" as proof of document legitimacy.
--Ray B

I thought the OP was thinking of presenting his authenticated NSO-BC & MC with special Red Ribbon cake... Opps, joke only, just trying to spice up something here.

Seriously, from the bank I had worked with, we examined customary Special Power of Attorneys anywhere outside the Philippines that were notarized by foreign public/private lawyers. There is no way the bank could verify them. So by requiring those documents to have outright authentication and sealing of red ribbon marked by RP Consulates around the world, the documents presented could be assumed reliably legitimate. (Only in the Philippines!) This standard requirement helps minimize attempts of falsifying documents that are 'allegedly' notarized outside the Phils.
I also wonder why and what was the OP's confusion to seal his authenticated NSO-BC & MC with red ribbon for? dry.gif

AlvinMe6a.jpg Sonia6.jpg

Please support JIREH LIM, our very own Pinoy Talent, the Prince of Acoustic Love Songs!
https://www.youtube....jireh214/videos

#6 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,534 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:32 AM

Sonia,

Some other country consulates require "Malacanang red-ribbon" authentication of legal docs for immigration purposes. Because of that, it is a common perception among many Filipinos that the U.S. Embassy would also require such authentication.

--Ray B

QUOTE(soniamull @ Apr 4 2008, 12:16 AM) View Post
I thought the OP was thinking of presenting his authenticated NSO-BC & MC with special Red Ribbon cake... Opps, joke only, just trying to spice up something here.

Seriously, from the bank I had worked with, we examined customary Special Power of Attorneys anywhere outside the Philippines that were notarized by foreign public/private lawyers. There is no way the bank could verify them. So by requiring those documents to have outright authentication and sealing of red ribbon marked by RP Consulates around the world, the documents presented could be assumed reliably legitimate. (Only in the Philippines!) This standard requirement helps minimize attempts of falsifying documents that are 'allegedly' notarized outside the Phils.
I also wonder why and what was the OP's confusion to seal his authenticated NSO-BC & MC with red ribbon for? dry.gif

#7 Ellen

Ellen
  • 1,037 posts
  • Local Office:Honolulu

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:46 AM

Some consulate really do require 'red ribbon' from DFA, such as the Dutch consulate as legalization of documents.
But i didn't read it for US visa requirements, so don't worry about that. smile.gif

Naturalized US Citizen since January 2013

I-130 for Parents

02-13-2013: Mailed the Application to Petition both parents
02-20-2013: Notice of Action; National Benefits Center for processing; MSC# to check case status online

8 months later..

10-21-2013: Cases are transferred to another office. Status: Initial Review

10-22-2013: Cases are transferred to Nebraska Services Center. (Decision is within 60 days, if nothing, call Customer Service)

11-07-2013: Mother is approved.

11-13-2013: My father is approved.

National Visa Center

Mother

12-09-2013: Mother's case arrived at the NVC

12-23-2013: Got mother's NVC number via phone

12-24-2013: Sent DS-261 Choice of Agent online and Pay for Affidavit of Support (AOS) processing fee

12-30-2013: Sent the AOS forms and documents to NVC; Pay Immigrant Visa processing fees

01-06-2014: IV Fees Paid

01-07-2014: Sent Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260)

01-29-2014: Received and sent back AOS Checklist

01-31-2014: Received IV Checklist

Father

12-16-2013: Father's case arrived at the NVC

01-09-2014: Got MNL case number via phone

01-16-2014: Sent DS-261 Choice Of Agent online

01-29-2014: Sent I-864 AOS and IV docs

01-30-2014: IV Paid; Sent DS-260 IV online

02-19-2014: AOS Checklist

02-24-2014: IV Checklist

03-07-2014: Case Complete for both parents

03-24-2014: Medical Exams  Passed

04-01-2014: Interview Date by NVC (USEmbassy Manila)

VISA APPROVED! :D

#8 Felicity

Felicity

(*0*)c",) If you want to know someone, ask his FRIENDS...

• 7,245 posts
  • Interests:theater arts, painting,photography,web designing,musical instruments,speeches,visa process,life abroad,people, clubs-Toastmasters Club, Rotary Club, Rotaract Club, Scouting,blogging<br /><br />&quot;Never explain yourself to anyone. Because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person who dislikes you won't believe it.&quot;
  • ca
  • Local Office:Fresno

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE(Ellen @ Apr 4 2008, 05:46 AM) View Post
Some consulate really do require 'red ribbon' from DFA, such as the Dutch consulate as legalization of documents.
But i didn't read it for US visa requirements, so don't worry about that. smile.gif

yes.

also with ur TOR or any important docs if u want it authenticated by the Malacanang to be approved abroad(some establishments require it).

Edited by Felicity, 04 April 2008 - 06:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users