14 replies to this topic

#1 maine

maine
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • lo

Posted 22 December 2007 - 06:29 AM

good day guys, its me again! i need ur words to answer my questions unsure.gif . u see were on our way of fiancee visa for norway but it takes 9 months for the processing. after further talks, we agreed to go on a wedding here in the Philippines instead coz it will take 3-4 months for spousal visa to be granted but we cant set the date of the wedding yet coz we are thinking it will gonna depend on the embassy how long will they issue the legal capacity to marry to my fiance. I know many of u gone to this stage before, may i ask all those who are concerned of "how long will it takes to get a legal capacity to marry? will it take too long? hope not! And am i alowed to call the norwegian embassy to ask about that? If u can help me, it will be a great help. I need not to call to the embassy and soon set our wedding date so we can prepare and to avoid confusions too. looking forward for ur advices guyz, thanks a lot!!!! smile.gif

#2 crazarc

crazarc
  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ve

Posted 22 December 2007 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE(maine @ Dec 22 2007, 06:29 AM)  
good day guys, its me again! i need ur words to answer my questions unsure.gif . u see were on our way of fiancee visa for norway but it takes 9 months for the processing. after further talks, we agreed to go on a wedding here in the Philippines instead coz it will take 3-4 months for spousal visa to be granted but we cant set the date of the wedding yet coz we are thinking it will gonna depend on the embassy how long will they issue the legal capacity to marry to my fiance. I know many of u gone to this stage before, may i ask all those who are concerned of "how long will it takes to get a legal capacity to marry? will it take too long? hope not! And am i alowed to call the norwegian embassy to ask about that? If u can help me, it will be a great help. I need not to call to the embassy and soon set our wedding date so we can prepare and to avoid confusions too. looking forward for ur advices guyz, thanks a lot!!!! smile.gif

as far as I know takes 2 days or 3 ( not sure ) Don't worry you'll get it soon... before i forget you should go with him when he gets it. smile.gif

Edited by crazarc, 22 December 2007 - 11:38 AM.

#3 jdstone1

jdstone1
  • Members
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Timeline<br /><br />Sponsorship App received April 22nd 2008<br />Sponsorship Approved May 20th 2008<br />permanent residence visa process started May 29th 2008<br />decision made visa issued Jan 20th 2009<br />hiccup on March 14 2009<br />Visa reissued ???<br />Arrive in Canada???? <br />
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em
  • Local Office:Canadian embassy Manila

Posted 22 December 2007 - 12:11 PM

I know for me to get my legal Capacity to marry from the Canadian embassy only took me about half an hour. Abby went with me to the Embassy from the hotel went through security submitted the paperwork i needed and was out in a shake of a stick lol. will do some info digging for you about your fiances country.
WAHM-IT!, The "Free Masters Course"
How to be a Work-at-Home Mom (WAHM) and successfully build a real business on the Net.

http://wahm-masters..../newlife11.html

#4 jdstone1

jdstone1
  • Members
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Timeline<br /><br />Sponsorship App received April 22nd 2008<br />Sponsorship Approved May 20th 2008<br />permanent residence visa process started May 29th 2008<br />decision made visa issued Jan 20th 2009<br />hiccup on March 14 2009<br />Visa reissued ???<br />Arrive in Canada???? <br />
  • em
  • Local Office:Canadian embassy Manila

Posted 22 December 2007 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE(jdstone1 @ Dec 22 2007, 07:11 AM)  
I know for me to get my legal Capacity to marry from the Canadian embassy only took me about half an hour. Abby went with me to the Embassy from the hotel went through security submitted the paperwork i needed and was out in a shake of a stick lol. will do some info digging for you about your fiances country.

Ok here is the info specifically for the philippines make sure you both follow this proceedure http://www.norway.ph...marry/marry.htm this should answer all you questions good luck
WAHM-IT!, The "Free Masters Course"
How to be a Work-at-Home Mom (WAHM) and successfully build a real business on the Net.

http://wahm-masters..../newlife11.html

#5 EricJen

EricJen

Happy and Proud parents of Baby Nia

• Members
  • 968 posts
  • Interests:cooking, reading and collecting things.
  • em
  • Local Office:Netherlands Embassy

Posted 23 December 2007 - 01:02 PM

hi..

in my case, i got it after 24 hours... dont know with norwegian embassy..

Jen
OUR LITTLE ANGEL IS here! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING GOD!
Dutch-Filipina Relationship BLOG
My Personal Blog

08/15/05- First meet through www.myforeignbride.com
06/11/06- first meet in person in CDO airport and First Visit in philippines
06/20/06- start of 3 days Tour in Camiguin island with my Parents
07/03/06- Eric flew back to Netherlands
10/10/06- Got my Legal Capacity
12/09/06- Eric's second visit
12/23/06- [size=4]WEDDING DAY!!

01/03/07- start of Honeymoon(wink)
01/06/07- Eric flew back to Netherlands
01/23/07- Tourist Visa application (dennied)
05/18/07- Eric's third Visit
05/22/07- Having Fun at ILIGAN with our relatives and neighbors
06/03/07- flew to Manila to do paper works
06/09/07- Eric flew back to Netherlands
12/09/07- 4th visit
12/11/07- i took the Civic exam (passed)
12/12/07- flew back to cdo for the holidays
12/23/07- first wedding anniv.
01/07/08- eric flew back home
01/08/08- marriage registration to the gementee
02/28/08- got the papers back
03/03/08- mailed the requirements for the advice in IND
03/04/08- IND received the papers
04/08/08- IND has decided for the advice
04/10/08- Eric received the POSITIVE ADVICE
05/14/08- Flew to manila for the MVV application
05/15/08- Schedule for MVV application appointment in the embassy and flew back to CDO
05/27/08- MVV on HAND
06/06/08- Eric's 5th visit
06/24/08- In Manila
06/25/08- CFO Manila for my sticker
06/26/08- date of departure with hubby
06/27/08- (philippine time) Arrived in Netherlands. Schiphol airport[/
size]

Bedankt voor de bezoek...

#6 maine

maine
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • lo

Posted 24 December 2007 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE(jdstone1 @ Dec 22 2007, 08:17 PM)  
Ok here is the info specifically for the philippines make sure you both follow this proceedure http://www.norway.ph...marry/marry.htm this should answer all you questions good luck

hiz, thanks for the info/link, it was really of great help.... smile.gif May u have a meaningful xams!!!!

#7 Gracenabracke

Gracenabracke
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:My husband and both families... Church, Cooking, Reading
  • em

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE(maine @ Dec 22 2007, 06:29 AM)  

Hello Maine,

Greetings....

Musta na? ok na ang legal capacity ng iyong future hubby? madali lang yan, ang kailangan lang ay both birth certificate makuha muna kinabukasan... as i've known to my cousin, ang embassy nyo ay hindi masyadong strict. 2 times na ang cousin kong nag tourist doon...Good luck. God bless us all...

"In everything you do, put God first, and He will
direct you and Crown your efforts with Success..."

08/28/06 = first meet online AsianEuro
09/28/06 = file 1st Tourist Schengen VISA not approved
12/23/06 = first meet in person (NAIA) - Patrick's 1st visit to Pinas
01/06/07 = Patrick's depart to the Netherlands - ...be missing you...
02/05/07 = file 2nd Tourist Schengen VISA - APPROVED
04/10/07 = VISA on hand
04/13/07 = My departure from Manila to the Netherlands
04/14/07 - 07/11/07 = my vacation to the Netherlands
07/12/07 = Me & Patrick flew back to Manila - Patrick's 2nd visit to Pinas
07/13/07 = We have the LEGAL CAPACITY to marry
07/27/07 = Our CIVIL WEDDING Celebration
07/28/07 = Our CHURCH WEDDING Celebration
10/20/07 = received my (SECPA) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE from NSO
10/26/07 = got my CFO Certificate at Cebu City
11/05/07 = got my new PASSPORT as Mrs. Bracke
11/27/07 = examination for DUTCH SPOKEN TEST (thank GOD i pass)
12/23/07 = Patrick's arrival from Netherlands - Patrick's 3rd visit to Pinas
01/05/08 = Patrick's departure to Netherlands - ...be missing you so much...
02/11/08 = IND received requirements for MVV
03/11/08 = we got our Marriage Registration from gba - city hall
05/16/08 = Patrick received a phonecall from IND, a positive advice
05/22/08 = Positive Advice on hand...
06/17/08 = Embassy Appointment - submission for MVV application
07/04/08 = MVV VISA on hand
07/10/08 = Arrived in the Netherlands (6:30pm)
07/27/08 = first year anniversary
07/28/08 = first year anniversary celebrate in Ternuzen, Belgium
. . . . . . . = Residence Permit filed in Rijswijk
08/21/08 = Notice: RESIDENCE PERMIT ready for pick-up at Rijswijk
08/29/08 = RESIDENCE PERMIT on hand.... ALL ACCOMPLISHED
. . . . . . . = We are so happy... THANK YOU so much GOD...

"God will never leave you nor forsake you…"

Visit My FRIENDSTER...

#8 maine

maine
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • lo

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE(Gracenabracke @ Jan 10 2008, 11:10 AM)  
Hello Maine,

Greetings....

Musta na? ok na ang legal capacity ng iyong future hubby? madali lang yan, ang kailangan lang ay both birth certificate makuha muna kinabukasan... as i've known to my cousin, ang embassy nyo ay hindi masyadong strict. 2 times na ang cousin kong nag tourist doon...Good luck. God bless us all...

Hiz Gracenabracke,

Thanks for the message, i still havent get my Legal capacity, hopefull by nextweek when he arrive. I really hope your right "(magdilang anghel ka sana!)smile.gif that i can have it the next day. Im hoping and praying that everything will go as planned. Pray for me guys. Thanks for being good, all of u!!! Wish u luck too and happiness. God Bless! smile.gif
P.S. Do i need to have my birth certificate? i happened to submit my original copy when we filed for fiancee visa. It says in the link above that passport of mine will do.

Edited by maine, 10 January 2008 - 05:46 AM.

#9 Gracenabracke

Gracenabracke
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:My husband and both families... Church, Cooking, Reading
  • em

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE(maine @ Jan 10 2008, 05:44 AM)  
Hiz Gracenabracke,

Thanks for the message, i still havent get my Legal capacity, hopefull by nextweek when he arrive. I really hope your right "(magdilang anghel ka sana!)smile.gif that i can have it the next day. Im hoping and praying that everything will go as planned. Pray for me guys. Thanks for being good, all of u!!! Wish u luck too and happiness. God Bless! smile.gif
P.S. Do i need to have my birth certificate? i happened to submit my original copy when we filed for fiancee visa. It says in the link above that passport of mine will do.

Hello Maine...

sorry hindi pala birth certificate....only CENOMAR - Certificate of No Marriage lang ang kailangan... i am sure na makuha muna kinabukasan ang legal capacity to marry.... wish you all the luck...

God bless us all...

"In everything you do, put God first, and He will
direct you and Crown your efforts with Success..."

08/28/06 = first meet online AsianEuro
09/28/06 = file 1st Tourist Schengen VISA not approved
12/23/06 = first meet in person (NAIA) - Patrick's 1st visit to Pinas
01/06/07 = Patrick's depart to the Netherlands - ...be missing you...
02/05/07 = file 2nd Tourist Schengen VISA - APPROVED
04/10/07 = VISA on hand
04/13/07 = My departure from Manila to the Netherlands
04/14/07 - 07/11/07 = my vacation to the Netherlands
07/12/07 = Me & Patrick flew back to Manila - Patrick's 2nd visit to Pinas
07/13/07 = We have the LEGAL CAPACITY to marry
07/27/07 = Our CIVIL WEDDING Celebration
07/28/07 = Our CHURCH WEDDING Celebration
10/20/07 = received my (SECPA) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE from NSO
10/26/07 = got my CFO Certificate at Cebu City
11/05/07 = got my new PASSPORT as Mrs. Bracke
11/27/07 = examination for DUTCH SPOKEN TEST (thank GOD i pass)
12/23/07 = Patrick's arrival from Netherlands - Patrick's 3rd visit to Pinas
01/05/08 = Patrick's departure to Netherlands - ...be missing you so much...
02/11/08 = IND received requirements for MVV
03/11/08 = we got our Marriage Registration from gba - city hall
05/16/08 = Patrick received a phonecall from IND, a positive advice
05/22/08 = Positive Advice on hand...
06/17/08 = Embassy Appointment - submission for MVV application
07/04/08 = MVV VISA on hand
07/10/08 = Arrived in the Netherlands (6:30pm)
07/27/08 = first year anniversary
07/28/08 = first year anniversary celebrate in Ternuzen, Belgium
. . . . . . . = Residence Permit filed in Rijswijk
08/21/08 = Notice: RESIDENCE PERMIT ready for pick-up at Rijswijk
08/29/08 = RESIDENCE PERMIT on hand.... ALL ACCOMPLISHED
. . . . . . . = We are so happy... THANK YOU so much GOD...

"God will never leave you nor forsake you…"

Visit My FRIENDSTER...

#10 lovetells

lovetells
  • 902 posts
  • ca

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:57 PM

good day guys, its me again! i need ur words to answer my questions . u see were on our way of fiancee visa for norway but it takes 9 months for the processing. after further talks, we agreed to go on a wedding here in the Philippines instead coz it will take 3-4 months for spousal visa to be granted but we cant set the date of the wedding yet coz we are thinking it will gonna depend on the embassy how long will they issue the legal capacity to marry to my fiance. I know many of u gone to this stage before, may i ask all those who are concerned of "how long will it takes to get a legal capacity to marry? will it take too long? hope not! And am i alowed to call the norwegian embassy to ask about that? If u can help me, it will be a great help. I need not to call to the embassy and soon set our wedding date so we can prepare and to avoid confusions too. looking forward for ur advices guyz, thanks a lot!!!!

Howdy madam!

I supposed everything's set now,huh... I'm so happy for you girl, welcome to the club soon!!! Best wishes to you and God bless!

psstt...some stories later, ok??lol

#11 maine

maine
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • lo

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE(lovetells @ Feb 3 2008, 02:57 AM)  
Howdy madam!

I supposed everything's set now,huh... I'm so happy for you girl, welcome to the club soon!!! Best wishes to you and God bless!

psstt...some stories later, ok??lol

hiz miatz,

good day! unfortunately things didnt go as planned. The local civil registrar in their country gave him the wrong papers and it took so much time before everything was settled. what happened was that the exact papers arrived but there was only 2 weeks left for the wedding and we agreed that it isnt enough so we settled for the fiancee visa good thing we havent cancelled it. thank you, i wish you the best too. Hopefully i can be with him soon:) Miss yah too,takecare

Edited by maine, 24 April 2008 - 06:04 AM.

#12 prinzees_grace

prinzees_grace
  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • em
  • Local Office:Norway

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

hi maine!

when you het your lecal capacity, did you pay it in cash or in check? my fiancee is from norway too... tc:-)

#13 dataclese

dataclese
  • Members
  • 954 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, Movies, Crafts (some), Music, Computer Science, etc
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Not Sure

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(Mgie @ Apr 27 2008, 03:57 AM)  
ji maine!
when you het your lecal capacity, did you pay it in cash or in check? my fiancee is from norway too... tc:-)

You can get this in Manila, in the north, or in if in the south/central region at the consular office of the Watfront Hotel in Cebu City (there are two of them, one at the airport and one uptown...it is at the uptown one). It takes a couple hours only if you have your papers prepared properly. Make sure that the office you will visit will be open the day you plan to go there.

Brent

#14 maine

maine
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • lo

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(Mgie @ Apr 27 2008, 06:57 PM)  
hi maine!

Hello Mgie,

The embassy will no longer accept cash payments it should be in a form of manager's check payable to the royal norwegian embassy. An amount of 1600php is the payment for the certificate just make sure you both bring the correct paper ( LEGAL IMPEDIMENT TO MARRY) FROM their local civil registrar to avoid hassles. and bring your passports both. I suggest you bring extra cash too incase there are additional payments. Good luck to both of you:)

Edited by maine, 27 April 2008 - 11:23 PM.

#15 prinzees_grace

prinzees_grace
  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • em
  • Local Office:Norway

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(maine @ Apr 27 2008, 11:21 PM)  
Hello Mgie,

The embassy will no longer accept cash payments it should be in a form of manager's check payable to the royal norwegian embassy. An amount of 1600php is the payment for the certificate just make sure you both bring the correct paper ( LEGAL IMPEDIMENT TO MARRY) FROM their local civil registrar to avoid hassles. and bring your passports both. I suggest you bring extra cash too incase there are additional payments. Good luck to both of you:)

Hi Maine!
I just call and email the embassy. They will accept managers check on visa applications but if you are going to have your legal capacity they will accept cash payment....

Thank you....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users