4 replies to this topic

#1 Mel's

Mel's
  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hello WOF, I'm from Denver, Colorado my question is can i apply my dual citizenship in New York?

#2 Roxas Ron

Roxas Ron
  • Moderators
  • 2,115 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • te
  • Local Office:Atlanta

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hello WOF, I'm from Denver, Colorado my question is can i apply my dual citizenship in New York?

if you are a Filipino citizen by birth....you do not loose your citizenship when you become a US citizen

#3 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,261 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

If your normal home address is Denver you will need to go to San Francisco according to normal procedures.  If you will be in the New York area though, you can contact the consulate there to see if you can attend an oathtaking ceremony in New York as the BI simply says you need to go to the "nearest" consulate :)

If you will be going to Philippines, you can also get the Retention of Philippine Citizenship done at a BI office.

Citizenship Retention and Reacquisition of 2003 (RA 9225)

What is the procedure in applying and what documents are required in order to apply?

1) Applicant shall present a copy of his/her Birth Certificate issued or duly- authenticated by the National Statistics Office (NSO) in Manila.
s
2) Applicant accomplishes form entitled “Petition for Dual Citizenship and Issuance of Identification Certificate (IC) pursuant to RA 9225” and attaches three (3) 2”x2” photographs showing the front, left side and right side views of the applicant.

3) Applicant submits duly-accomplished petition to the Philippine Consulate / Embassy together with the photos, birth certificate and a valid ID.

(Note: applicants who are married and who wish to use their married names must submit a copy of their marriage certificate).

4) Applicant pays a processing fee of US$ 50.00 and is assigned a schedule for his/her oath of allegiance before a consular officer. Applicant takes his/her oath.

5) Applicant is given the original copy of his notarized oath of allegiance together with an Order of Approval issued by the Philippine Consulate General.

6) The Philippine Consulate General forwards to the Bureau of Immigration in Manila the petition, oath, order of approval, and other supporting documents for issuance of an Identification Certificate.

7) The Bureau of Immigration issues an Identification Certificate (IC) and forwards it to the applicant through the Philippine Consulate General.

Where do I apply for re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship if I am in the Philippines?

A former natural-born Filipino citizen who is already in the Philippines and registered in the Bureau of Immigration shall file a petition under oath to the Commissioner of Immigration for the cancellation of the Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) and issuance of an Identification Certificate (IC) as the case may be, under RA 9225.
A former natural-born citizen who is already in the Philippines but has not registered with the BI within 60 days from date of arrival shall file a petition under oath to the Commissioner of Immigration for the issuance of an IC under RA 9225.

Where do I apply for re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship if I am overseas?

A former natural-born citizen who is abroad but is a BI-registered alien shall file a petition under oath to the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate for evaluation. Thereafter, the Embassy or Consulate shall forward the entire records to the Commissioner of Immigration for the cancellation of the ACR and issuance of an IC under RA 9225.

A former natural-born citizen who is abroad and is not a BI-registered alien shall file a petition under oath to the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate for the issuance of an IC under RA 9225.http://immigration.g...id=24&Itemid=80

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#4 Mel's

Mel's
  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Thank you Roxas Ron and Fritz :-)

#5 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

if you are a Filipino citizen by birth....you do not loose your citizenship when you become a US citizen

Yeah, but they would like some paperwork filed and a $50 fee payed in order to document it. Better to be safe than sorry.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users