AndrwMrk
  • Moderators
  • 1,913 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • ch
  • Local Office:Chicago

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (menchie @ Dec 1 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! $400 a month, how generous you are and how lucky she is! For me, that is too much for one child especially they are living in SURIGAO, Phils. That is almost 20, 000 pesos. I think she does not mind if you have a new gf as long as the child support continuous...

On the other side, $400 a month is not enough if she did not know how to spend money wisely.

Hehe, my mother-in-law bought a lot in Leyte, Leyte for less than that once.
"Mix those mixed nuts! I see two almonds touching!"
~Kif Kroker

#22 Angel

Angel
  • 487 posts
  • lo

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (spartan75 @ Nov 30 2010, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good morning!!
god praised to our life! our life is started since we born in this world its depends of us how we handle this situtations and the flow of our life!1
yes i am still young but age is doesnt basing in being matured it depends to experiences that we had in our life!!
i thank you to your advice its so nice yes i am think of this million times,and god knows that,i am sure that i love him and i will love him more than i have now for him,yes i am not yet meet him but soon we are,,but if you have trust god, you dont have feel doubt every decistion that you make to your life i know that i realy love him because i accept him as he is and who he is!!love is acceptance and patient,,poverty? its always there but i am not want to marrying him or want him because of money or to become rich, yes i am not so rich in money but we rich more than that wealth, we not enterest his money we own money we can find a money without depending other people...thats why we need to be hardowrking and patient to our life i and my family is contented what we have now!!for me and for my family little money is enough what is important we have God and unity!!i know that marriage is more than love!! yes befero i dicide to accept him and marrying him i think that and i know that marriage is a long commentment in life, love is different from commetment, for me love is gift which anyone can have while commetment is a sacrifice for love that nor everybody is capble of!! is just so sad that the word commitment is enclosed with duties which make it heavy,, which other people make afraid, they maybe ready to love but not for commitment.. i know when we married all duties responsibilities is always there patient and unity,trials and prosicution is there bt if you have faith in god and work for it it will be passed that you never think its already done!!

thanls for your advices an di realy appreciate it!1 god bless!!

You sound so desperate to get married,...just by reading your thoughts, I can conclude that you are not living in reality. I don't think you know what you are saying...How would you ever love someone more than yourself when you did not meet that person yet?..You think you are so matured and experienced, believe me, there are more things that you need to explore and being married is more than what you are saying above...My advice is that just be yourself and don't push yourself too hard....Good luck to you!

#23 spartan75

spartan75
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • te

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (gavic @ Dec 1 2010, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi folks! I have read all of these between two lovers that has alot of age gap but in my opinion there's a saying that "Do not judge the book by its cover" and "Love is blind" but this girl situation is really complicated to be engaged with an older guy but whatever we say and give all the words and consequences that they may have in the near future if they don't wanna absorb it by themselves then we have nothing to do it, besides we are not gonna be the one to suffer for it, I think we should just respect them at least they heard our sides.

hi praised god this is mi kirah gf of john!!
praised god!
i read your opinion yes your right its depends of us!!
but some people think different from us, i just want to tell that john and i not yet to married this year after two years
because i have still my studies and i want to finish my collage life so that john will be proud of me and to have a good future and have a work her in phil or in USA education is very important for us so i need to finish it,and after that john and i doing some plann for marriage!!
god bless thanks!!

kirahs

#24 spartan75

spartan75
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • te

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (Angel @ Dec 2 2010, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You sound so desperate to get married,...just by reading your thoughts, I can conclude that you are not living in reality. I don't think you know what you are saying...How would you ever love someone more than yourself when you did not meet that person yet?..You think you are so matured and experienced, believe me, there are more things that you need to explore and being married is more than what you are saying above...My advice is that just be yourself and don't push yourself too hard....Good luck to you!

hi god praised
hi miss angel!! thanks for your nice advice and i realy appriciate it i am not desprate for married. married is not a rush things to do, married is a long commetment in our life,and i know that what i written in my reply to you is i will love him more than i have now!!my point is that ,is when we married i and john my love for him will never fade its still pured love and forgiveness, and god written his bibble love you neighbor as you love your self.....thats is part of the task and command that came from god!!love other peole without nothing espect in return so that you will be the pured children of god and you like a star that shine in a whole universe...when i read that word from god i can told my self when we love we not vasing in our age,life,and culture,and religion, and god said her bible thats don't worry for tommorow for tommorow will be worry for her self,trust me becaus ei am everything in this world,and god said this for us ,PSALM 23:4 YEA,THOUGH I WALK THROUGH THE VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH,I WILL FEAR NO EVIL: FOR YOU ARE WITH ME,YOUR ROD AND STAFF THEY COMFORT ME'''
WHEN YOU THINK AND FEEL TAHT WORD OF GOD YOU TOLD YOUR SELF NO woories for tommorow and i am not said or tell to all of you that i will be married or i wnatt o be married this year or now!!what i written there when times was come we married but not this moment first i and john talked i need to finish my studies first so taht we have a good future and i ahev work and not depend of him and i can help him in any aspect of life that i will share to him and got a work national or local or international after that thats the time to have or to plann our wedding or marriage!!when everything is ok!!and in a gods will....thanks miss angel!!god bless

miss kirahs

#25 menchie

menchie
  • Members
  • 180 posts
  • Visa type:Removing Conditions
  • ca

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (spartan75 @ Dec 1 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi god praised
hi miss angel!! thanks for your nice advice and i realy appriciate it i am not desprate for married. married is not a rush things to do, married is a long commetment in our life,and i know that what i written in my reply to you is i will love him more than i have now!!my point is that ,is when we married i and john my love for him will never fade its still pured love and forgiveness, and god written his bibble love you neighbor as you love your self.....thats is part of the task and command that came from god!!love other peole without nothing espect in return so that you will be the pured children of god and you like a star that shine in a whole universe...when i read that word from god i can told my self when we love we not vasing in our age,life,and culture,and religion, and god said her bible thats don't worry for tommorow for tommorow will be worry for her self,trust me becaus ei am everything in this world,and god said this for us ,PSALM 23:4 YEA,THOUGH I WALK THROUGH THE VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH,I WILL FEAR NO EVIL: FOR YOU ARE WITH ME,YOUR ROD AND STAFF THEY COMFORT ME'''
WHEN YOU THINK AND FEEL TAHT WORD OF GOD YOU TOLD YOUR SELF NO woories for tommorow and i am not said or tell to all of you that i will be married or i wnatt o be married this year or now!!what i written there when times was come we married but not this moment first i and john talked i need to finish my studies first so taht we have a good future and i ahev work and not depend of him and i can help him in any aspect of life that i will share to him and got a work national or local or international after that thats the time to have or to plann our wedding or marriage!!when everything is ok!!and in a gods will....thanks miss angel!!god bless

miss kirahs

Hi miss kirah,

Better to marry the right person at the wrong time than settle for the wrong person because it's the right time. But as i read your all replies. All i can say, don't push yourself too hard. Give yourself a break every once and a while. WHat i mean, there are many Intercultural couples face many obstacles. Are You Mature Enough to Find and Keep a Mate? Have You Matured Enough Yet To Accept Both Pain And Happiness?? is 18 year old matured enough? Well, it really depends on the experience of the person or how she was brought up. but i think most 18yr.old people are not yet matured enough. your boyfriend is planning to retire in Philippines... You have mentioned that you wanted to finish your studies so u can have a good future and can get international job opportunities, what if your bf would not allow you to work instead of taking care of him as his wife... are you aware that?? You are just imagining, you are not living in reality... Good luck to you!

Edited by menchie, 02 December 2010 - 07:29 AM.

FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS

#26 maylan

maylan
  • Members
  • 114 posts
  • lo

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:12 AM

I do agree w/ ms. Angel and ms. Menchie. Sounds to me you're just looking at yourself by finishing your studies and to have a better job inside or outside the country like USA. Girl, your bf to be is going to retire in the PI. You have to get ready all the consiquencies, and waking up oneday that you want more (u know what I mean) tongue.gif . Goodluck to both of you!

#27 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (spartan75 @ Dec 1 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually he is my only chilld. my ex-wife had some medical problem and couldnt get pregnant.
so a young woman was my only option to have a child, but will never import one here , 2 of my friends filipina wife,s took off after they had the green card
his mom is 30yo.but unfaithful.i want to have one more hopefully.i will retire next year in pinas.

What I am saying is that often one of the biggest difficulties in large age-gap relationships is that the younger woman wants to have children but the older guy is done having children. The fact that you have a 4-year-old would seem to indicate that you would be fine having more children (assuming it is in the cards) so that would be a positive. Chances are high that an 18-year old Pinay is looking forward to having lots of children with you. Especially if you will be in the Philippines.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#28 AYENSGUYTOM

AYENSGUYTOM

Ayensguy

• 771 posts
  • Interests:food, wine, sports, politics, world news, family
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (menchie @ Dec 1 2010, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Better to marry the right person at the wrong time than settle for the wrong person because it's the right time.

GREAT QUOTE ... !

cool.gif

#29 Cartero

Cartero
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (cfrazer @ Dec 1 2010, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a bit surprised at some of the filipina reaction to this. Guys seeking a filipina I guarantee you have heard "age is just a number" many many times depending how quickly you found your beautiful significantly younger filipina. If you are telling this girl "don't do it", how would you have dealt with it as a 25 yr old with a 45 yr old man if people had said 25 is too much younger than 45, is too immature and not had the life experiences of a 45 yr old? I think we all know 18 yr olds that are more mature than some 25 yr olds also and certainly many are dangerously naive i.e. will believe unlikely stories from men.

Age difference is noted here in USA and not always in a positive way. I would bet there are alot of guys here that do not talk about the age difference until asked or who avoid telling people that they are hooking up with a woman 20 years their junior. Throw in the fact you are talking Philippines and then you get their scammer stories and eye rolling along with it. Maybe I am one of the only ones. Were all of you open about it when you were or are courting your LDR? (hmm...maybe for another thread)

Personally I felt weird even considering ladies younger than my kids (25) but I'm not gonna judge. I'm 53 and my gf is 34 and thus closer to my son's age than mine. It feels a bit weird but I can handle that.

My take is while "age is just a number" is the general thing you here there is also the fact that 18 is not 25. 25 being the magic number where she can marry without official notification to the parents. Age being just a number refers to him approaching potential granda pa age, not to her being barely legal and who in the days of arranged marriages may have been given to an older man for the family good anyway.

#30 spartan75

spartan75
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • te

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (MrkGrismer @ Dec 2 2010, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I am saying is that often one of the biggest difficulties in large age-gap relationships is that the younger woman wants to have children but the older guy is done having children. The fact that you have a 4-year-old would seem to indicate that you would be fine having more children (assuming it is in the cards) so that would be a positive. Chances are high that an 18-year old Pinay is looking forward to having lots of children with you. Especially if you will be in the Philippines.

hi mark.
this is my story. in 2001 i met this 58 yo guy very friendly and told me he was married to a filipina 28yo
i was shocked.
we became good friends , his wife told me had a sister 21yo if i was interest but i thought it was morally wrong to even consider a very young woman that time.
then i become curious about filipinas and i google and found Bob forum , and start reading . by 2005 i had reconsider . i though maybe is not so weird to seek a young woman .
so i register in filipina heart in may 2005. i was suprised that all the girls had better commnd of english than me.then i met this girl 25 yo from surigao.
i visit her in december 2005 and we tour several islands for few months.
i was shocked with the poverty there.but people were very friendly and i felt safe
my son was born octomber 2006. in my second visit i found out she had few on line bf,s and i was devastated.
then this year i register in DIA site and met this young girl and i kind trust her.beause she is very religious.
i told her first finish your college and if u change your mind fine. if not we can meet in person.
her dad is 59yo so at least i am not older than her dad.

#31 yangyin

yangyin
  • 577 posts
  • Visa type:Removing Conditions
  • te

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:43 AM

For some reason, the girl reminds me of Raindreamer. What they have (IMO) is far from reality. They haven't even meet each other yet. So i'd just wait and see what happens. No matter how much we convince the girl that she's too young to know what love is, and how much we convince the guy that this isn't likely gonna work out, it won't matter to them. They're gonna keep defending themselves and keep trying to convince us, it's for real. Anyway, they could just be fooling us or fooling each other.

Edited by yangyin, 03 December 2010 - 12:45 AM.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. -Eleanor Roosevelt

#32 spartan75

spartan75
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • te

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (yangyin @ Dec 3 2010, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For some reason, the girl reminds me of Raindreamer. What they have (IMO) is far from reality. They haven't even meet each other yet. So i'd just wait and see what happens. No matter how much we convince the girl that she's too young to know what love is, and how much we convince the guy that this isn't likely gonna work out, it won't matter to them. They're gonna keep defending themselves and keep trying to convince us, it's for real. Anyway, they could just be fooling us or fooling each other.

i dont worry about. she has 2 more years to think over.
she can choose to stay single or get a local bf or seek other kano., no hard feelings.
there always onether one around the corner,to replace her no big deal.
i was there ,and i know the reality

#33 asianstreak

asianstreak
  • Banned
  • 6,039 posts
  • Interests:too many to mentions
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (soulwinner-marissa @ Dec 1 2010, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohh... this case reminds me the story of young Filipina who marries 83 yrs. old Belgium man.
Kindly,check out this vid. & you'll see-->

GOD Bless! smile.gif

The video entertain me ..she is a keeper.She is a typical Bisaya woman this remind me of my grandma laugh.gif she knows how to keep a man and take care of her man.She might not be living in a mansion but she is happy of what she have.

For the OP you better look for a matured woman.If you will look for at least 15 years or 18years age gap that will be fine but for 40 years age gap is ridiculous.Do you know now a days in the Philippines most girls on that age just want to have money and luxury in life.Trust me lots of them dream to have a sugar daddy to support their shopping and beauty shop.They will just going to spend and spend and of course dream to come in another country and when they will be here they want to go home bec.they cannot take the lifestyle here.

#34 asianstreak

asianstreak
  • Banned
  • 6,039 posts
  • Interests:too many to mentions
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:29 AM

okey I have to back off a little bit and need to re read the post and focus after I added John to my fb friends tongue.gif .Hi John thanks for the request btw.

Okey for Kira...are you sure its love that you feel in there?Mahn when I was on your age I do not really know what Im going to,I think I was right all the time and I was thinking that Im matured but geesh Ive had my baby when I was 18,I thought I could handle that responsibility and I thought too that I marry the right guy.Well yeah Im speaking for myself and me and you are different(thats what you believe ) but the fact is all teen agers think pretty alike.Now,my teenage kids think the same way I did when I was on their age. rolleyes.gif .

Im not judging you but praise god too that you reveal yourself in your response.Girl were not judgemental here were very observant on how you put your words.We are not picking on you or to John.We are just concerned citizen,we will be so happy to see happpy couple instead of hearing the filipina side agonizing about her marriage and how she is disperate to get out from her place and go home.We do not want to hear that story.Trust me,in you age right now you better focus on your study if you have plans for your life.Bec.once your outside the Philippines everything is different than back home.Do not expect that your instantly be rich when you got here bec.the 400 dollars that your so called BF sending to his son.He work so hard to earn that money.We do not have money tree on our backyard.Look at my post....read my post how we earn our dollars to send there.There is no shortcut for success if your looking for success.If your looking for love then think a million times if your ready for the marriage life.RemembeR Marriage is Sacred ..Marriage has so much responsibility on it.Marriage is not sweet all the time sometimes it can be tested of time too.Are you ready to face all this? Can you handle all this?When you said your going to marry this guy,how did you know that you and him are really meant for each other?you havent met yet in person? what if he cant meet up your standard? are you willing to sacrifice??

#35 FlyBy

FlyBy

The rise of club music, the fall of apartheid - coincidence?

• 1,301 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:Dumaguete

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Cartero @ Dec 2 2010, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My take is while "age is just a number" is the general thing you here there is also the fact that 18 is not 25. 25 being the magic number where she can marry without official notification to the parents. Age being just a number refers to him approaching potential granda pa age, not to her being barely legal and who in the days of arranged marriages may have been given to an older man for the family good anyway.

If you are NOT in a relationship difference of 20+ years, and you're not, then we fail to see how you can add to the conversation. huh.gif
Old magicians don't die, they just disappear.

#36 spartan75

spartan75
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • te

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (asianstreak @ Dec 3 2010, 05:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
okey I have to back off a little bit and need to re read the post and focus after I added John to my fb friends tongue.gif .Hi John thanks for the request btw.

Okey for Kira...are you sure its love that you feel in there?Mahn when I was on your age I do not really know what Im going to,I think I was right all the time and I was thinking that Im matured but geesh Ive had my baby when I was 18,I thought I could handle that responsibility and I thought too that I marry the right guy.Well yeah Im speaking for myself and me and you are different(thats what you believe ) but the fact is all teen agers think pretty alike.Now,my teenage kids think the same way I did when I was on their age. rolleyes.gif .

Im not judging you but praise god too that you reveal yourself in your response.Girl were not judgemental here were very observant on how you put your words.We are not picking on you or to John.We are just concerned citizen,we will be so happy to see happpy couple instead of hearing the filipina side agonizing about her marriage and how she is disperate to get out from her place and go home.We do not want to hear that story.Trust me,in you age right now you better focus on your study if you have plans for your life.Bec.once your outside the Philippines everything is different than back home.Do not expect that your instantly be rich when you got here bec.the 400 dollars that your so called BF sending to his son.He work so hard to earn that money.We do not have money tree on our backyard.Look at my post....read my post how we earn our dollars to send there.There is no shortcut for success if your looking for success.If your looking for love then think a million times if your ready for the marriage life.RemembeR Marriage is Sacred ..Marriage has so much responsibility on it.Marriage is not sweet all the time sometimes it can be tested of time too.Are you ready to face all this? Can you handle all this?When you said your going to marry this guy,how did you know that you and him are really meant for each other?you havent met yet in person? what if he cant meet up your standard? are you willing to sacrifice??

... what suprised me about this girl is the fact i never send her money or gifts and i thought at first she will move away to search for some sucker like most others did.
no that i am cheap but i dont want her to think i am some ATM kano
so far so good till now.

#37 Mel

Mel
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:my wife, our 2 children, and my youth program and the youngsters in it
  • lo

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (spartan75 @ Dec 2 2010, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
she can choose to stay single or get a local bf or seek other kano., no hard feelings.

"No big deal to replace her"? WOW!! If that is really how U feel after all U have written, I kinda wonder if your heart isn't misplaced up your butt.
10/22/10: Mailed N400
10/26/10: Received confirmation of payment, I-797C
11/04/10: Biometrics December 2nd, in Elizabeth NJ
01/14/11: Citizenship scheduled for February 15th
02/15/11: Citizenship interview passed!
02/15/11: Swearing in ceremony. Rocelle Lomanda Zitter is an American Citizen!!!

#38 username

username
  • 1,953 posts
  • te
  • Local Office:Had to use snail mail

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

I like your attitude. They are a dime a dozen in the PH. So why waste 2 years on this fish?

#39 Angel

Angel
  • 487 posts
  • lo

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:32 PM

I will never marry someone nor have relationship with someone that has a nerve to say that to me..What an insult. Girl, if have dignity, stay away from this guy...

#40 Thetimewillcome

Thetimewillcome
  • 301 posts
  • ca

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Angel @ Dec 3 2010, 06:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will never marry someone nor have relationship with someone that has a nerve to say that to me..What an insult. Girl, if have dignity, stay away from this guy...

Yeah, WTH? I totally agree...

October 2010- Met online
October 28, 2010-Officially a couple
Feb 26, 2011- Met at NAIA
Feb 28, 2011- Proposed in Bali
Sept 1, 2011- Second trip to the Philippines
Feb 11, 2012- Third trip to the Philippines
July 9, 2012- Final divorce judgement
Aug 10, 2012- Sent I-129F
Aug 14 2012- NOA 1

April 19 2013-NOA 2
Aug 5 Sputum negative, finished medical

Aug 7 Embassy interview passed

Aug 31 Visa delivered.

The US government agencies that process visa applications suck stinky a$$.

‎"A wise man should consider health is the greatest blessing, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses" -Hippocrates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users