Photo

birth certificate problem.. how to fix it?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 honeybunny14

honeybunny14
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

Hi everyone, so I am new on this website and I am hoping for your help guys..

Here's my story..
I arrived here in the United states last month w k1 visa and got married few weeks after my arrival. Unfortunately I wasn't able to bring my daughter cuz of her birth certificate problem. On her official birth certificate, her parents name is my parents. Please don't judge me. I was too young when I gave birth to her and for her sake the midwife suggested to put my parents name on her BC since I was so young and has no work.. My ex left me and never get committed w my daughter.

We are considering to correct the BC of my daughter and put my name as her parent and father might be unknown. So that after we fix her bc we can petition her..
Is there anyone have an idea how long does it takes to be granted and what are the consequences for me and my parents? And how many hearings it may takes? My parents are taking care to my daughter now and I am asking them to start the process to correct my daughter's BC since I'm here in US.

Please give me some inputs..

Thank you so much in advance!!

#2 way-to-go

way-to-go
  • 1,217 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo
  • Local Office:Portland Office

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Hi everyone, so I am new on this website and I am hoping for your help guys..

Here's my story..
I arrived here in the United states last month w k1 visa and got married few weeks after my arrival. Unfortunately I wasn't able to bring my daughter cuz of her birth certificate problem. On her official birth certificate, her parents name is my parents. Please don't judge me. I was too young when I gave birth to her and for her sake the midwife suggested to put my parents name on her BC since I was so young and has no work.. My ex left me and never get committed w my daughter.

We are considering to correct the BC of my daughter and put my name as her parent and father might be unknown. So that after we fix her bc we can petition her..
Is there anyone have an idea how long does it takes to be granted and what are the consequences for me and my parents? And how many hearings it may takes? My parents are taking care to my daughter now and I am asking them to start the process to correct my daughter's BC since I'm here in US.

Please give me some inputs..

Thank you so much in advance!!

This information from NSO for the correction of entry in the civil registry document may help you better understand the whole process.

http://nso.citizense...cate-correction

NSO Certificate Correction of Entry

TEN steps to be undertaken in the correction o an entry in a civil registry document

• Contact a lawyer who will prepare the Petition for Correction of Entry.
  • Lawyers shall file the Petition in the Regional Trial Court. The fee for filing the Petition in the Regional Trial Court is Php 160.00.
  • The Petition will be raffled and assigned to a branch of the Regional Trial Court.
  • The assigned Regional Trial Court shall issue an Order for the publication of its Order in a newspaper of general circulation for three consecutive weeks. Fee for publication varies.
  • The Order contains the date of the first hearing.
  • During the first hearing, the lawyer will present compliance of the jurisdictional requirements like publication of the Order in a newspaper of general circulation.
  • After establishing compliance with jurisdictional requirements, the petitioner will be presented in Court to testify. The Court may assign the Clerk of Court to receive evidence.
  • During the hearing, i is possible that an oppositor may appear contesting the Petition. If no oppositor appears, the Clerk of Court will receive the petitioner's evidence.
  • After presentation of evidence, the Court will rule on the Petition.
  • If the decision is favorable, the Court will order the Office of Civil Registrar to correct the entry in the civil registry document (birth/marriage/death certificate of the petitioner).

Edited by way-to-go, 13 October 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#3 honeybunny14

honeybunny14
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Thanks for this information. Actually before I left in PHIL the lawyer estimated the cost. He said it might cost about 50, 000php or more. DNA might be ask too.. my worries is how many court hearing. I just got hear in states and I don't know yet when I can come back. It'll be limited time for me..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users