13 replies to this topic

#1 bridee

bridee
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • CA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Hello TWOF!!! First of all, i k ow holidays are over but still i wanna greet yall a happy new year fam! Hope y'all had a great one. :) Okay, so me and my hubby decided to send our AOS package after I gave birth to our son which was almost 2 months ago. :) New bundle of joy, yay! The reason we filed late is because we had to use the AOS money for something more important during those times. And we're only able to put it back on the savings acct months after. We sent our paperwork last month Dec 06, 2012 and it was delivered on the 8th. No news from USCIS up to this day. Check hasn't been touched yet, No NOA, no biometric appointment. I wonder what's going on.. We are worried... I hope by filing our paperwork late wasn't the reason of this delay... We are from Northern CA I'm sure our local CIS is gonna be in Sac. I hope this is not an AP/AR part two, cause dang... I'm just glad we're together now though...

Is it possible to contact the and inquire about our applicatio? Can we contact them now?

#2 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

With the holidays that is not that unusual, it will most probably get cashed before the end of the month tho.

You should not call them until it has been 45 days since the package was delivered (that would be the 22nd or 23rd).

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#3 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Bridee,

Did you include form G-1145 with your Adjustment submittal?

Did you submit to the correct Chicago address for I-485 packages?

Do you have a Post Office tracking number to verify that your package was received by USCIS?

Still, delays in check cashing have been as much as 30+ days in the past.  Recently, however, I've submitted several Adjustment packages from Sacramento and the checks were processed by USCIS within about two weeks.

Your late submittal would not have anything to do with delaying of checking.

--Ray B

Hello TWOF!!! First of all, i k ow holidays are over but still i wanna greet yall a happy new year fam! Hope y'all had a great one. :) Okay, so me and my hubby decided to send our AOS package after I gave birth to our son which was almost 2 months ago. :) New bundle of joy, yay! The reason we filed late is because we had to use the AOS money for something more important during those times. And we're only able to put it back on the savings acct months after. We sent our paperwork last month Dec 06, 2012 and it was delivered on the 8th. No news from USCIS up to this day. Check hasn't been touched yet, No NOA, no biometric appointment. I wonder what's going on.. We are worried... I hope by filing our paperwork late wasn't the reason of this delay... We are from Northern CA I'm sure our local CIS is gonna be in Sac. I hope this is not an AP/AR part two, cause dang... I'm just glad we're together now though...

Is it possible to contact the and inquire about our applicatio? Can we contact them now?

#4 bridee

bridee
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • CA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:12 AM

Thank you Mark and Ray... Check still hasn't been cashed... We are really worried. We have the USPS tracking # but it doesn't say if the package was received by the USCIS particularly. I tracked the package via USPS website, it shows the city, state and the zip code only where the package was delivered. I sure hope that we wrote the correct address, but if not, it should've been returned by now right? I included 1 G-1145 only for me and my two K2's for e-notification, should have I made 3 instead? I hope we would hear from them by next week...

#5 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • ca

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

What delivery address did you use?

--RayB

Thank you Mark and Ray... Check still hasn't been cashed... We are really worried. We have the USPS tracking # but it doesn't say if the package was received by the USCIS particularly. I tracked the package via USPS website, it shows the city, state and the zip code only where the package was delivered. I sure hope that we wrote the correct address, but if not, it should've been returned by now right? I included 1 G-1145 only for me and my two K2's for e-notification, should have I made 3 instead? I hope we would hear from them by next week...

#6 bridee

bridee
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • CA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

We used this one: USCIS P.O. Box 805887 Chicago, IL 60680-4120

#7 bridee

bridee
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • CA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

We sent it to the wrong address...

#8 bridee

bridee
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • CA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

We are from California... We should've sent it here: "For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries: USCIS PO Box 21281 Phoenix, AZ 85036" I feel such a dummy for not double checking the address! I wonder what can we do now... :(

#9 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • ca

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

We are from California... We should've sent it here: "For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries: USCIS PO Box 21281 Phoenix, AZ 85036" I feel such a dummy for not double checking the address! I wonder what can we do now... :(

You have to wait until it gets to the right location.  USICS normally forwards it to the alternative address

We used this one: USCIS P.O. Box 805887 Chicago, IL 60680-4120

USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

is the correct address.

#10 bridee

bridee
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • CA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Oh we sent it to the correct address? But why it says on the I-485 instruction that if you're from California, your should send your application to Phoenix Lockbox...? http://www.uscis.gov.../i-485instr.pdf

#11 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • ca

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

I'm sorry, but you're not reading the instructions correctly.  If you sent it to the Chicago address that you originally posted here, you sent it to the correct address.  On the other hand, if there was something else wrong with your package, I can't predict how USCIS will handle it.  Normally, if any forms weren't signed or if the check was incomplete or incorrect amount, the whole package will be rejected and returned to you.

--Ray B

Oh we sent it to the correct address? But why it says on the I-485 instruction that if you're from California, your should send your application to Phoenix Lockbox...? http://www.uscis.gov.../i-485instr.pdf

#12 bridee

bridee
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • CA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Just got off the phone with USCIS people. Unfortunately, our application was rejected on the 10th of December and they sent us a rejection notice on the 23rd of December, but up until now we haven't received the returned package. The rep that we talked to said one of the application had an incorrect address, could be mine so she modified our address after my verification. I guess the returned package was sent to a different address since she said the street number was incorrect... We asked about the reason why it was rejected, she said we need to wait 30 days after they sent the notice cause the system updates every 30 days. We got 9 more days till we call again to find out what happened. Oh well... I guess here we go again. :(

#13 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • ca

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Bridee,

Rejections can occur for any of the following reasons:

1.  Check not completed properly or free amount wrong;

2.  Forms are expired or signatures are absent;

3.  Proof of eligibility is lacking -- but this is not a usual reason for an I-485 to be rejected.

You need a third party with greater familiarity with this procedure to review your paperwork before you sent it out again.  

--Ray B

Just got off the phone with USCIS people. Unfortunately, our application was rejected on the 10th of December and they sent us a rejection notice on the 23rd of December, but up until now we haven't received the returned package. The rep that we talked to said one of the application had an incorrect address, could be mine so she modified our address after my verification. I guess the returned package was sent to a different address since she said the street number was incorrect... We asked about the reason why it was rejected, she said we need to wait 30 days after they sent the notice cause the system updates every 30 days. We got 9 more days till we call again to find out what happened. Oh well... I guess here we go again. :(

#14 bridee

bridee
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • CA

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

I apologize for the very late response Mr. Bacon. I've been busy with life of being a wife and a mommy. I'm so sorry. Just want to update you and everybody that we received the reason for rejection in January 2013 and the reason: checks should have been 1 for each applicant. I sent them only 1 check for me and my kids lol but everything went okay after I resend our application. Took us only 3 mos from biometrics, interview and receiving our EAD and Green Cards. We are now preparing for Removal of conditions. And our son is now 2 and talks a lot lol and I'm still head over heels in love with the man of my dreams... <3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users