Photo

Hubby knows almost nothing of Tagalog and Bisaya language. And yours?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 Retro

Retro
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Visa type:K-1

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:35 AM

My fiance has a 7yo daughter who does not speak English yet ( she knows a little) and in order to interact with her I have been trying hard to learn Illokano which is her regional language. My fiance's native language is Ifugao, but they no longer live in that region, so the daughter doesn't know it much either. My fiance is pretty fluent in English, so we decided it wasn't too important for me to try to learn it (and there are almost no resources for Tuwali.)

Even though I know many words and was able to understand much of the conversations when I visited, I haven't reached a point where I can hold a full conversation. But for the sake of her daughter I am learning as best as I can.

BTW, I just got back from visiting last month and the daughter and I hit it off rather well.

#62 MyBicolana

MyBicolana
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

I work as a IT professional so I found it was beneficial to learn Tagalog while doing work

We also have TFC so I watch many Filipino shows and also take in a little TV Patrol too

I actually like the impressiveness of saying phrases ...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Met: Dec 2010 / Married in Palawaan: May 2013
K1 filed and overstayed in US 3 months 2012
​CR1 filed and completed in 2014 baby daughter and her child

Philippines Visits:

2011 - 4  (San Fernando La Union, Manila, Batangas,Puerto Galera)
2012 - 4  (Dumaguete, Palawaan, Caramoan Islands, Puerto Galara)
2013 - 6  (Cavite, Bacoor, Naga, Legaspi, Iriga, Sorsogon, Catabanga, Bulusan, Dagupan)
2014 - 4  (Cavite, Manila, Naga, Iriga, Batangas, Bulan, Dumaguete)
2015 - 2  (Manila, Puerto Princessa, Tacloban, San Fernando, Dagupan)

#63 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,663 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

I actually like the impressiveness of saying phrases ...

Here it goes...........impressiveness of saying phrases. Filipino enjoy listening to those foreigners who can speak though a little bit of Tagalog or some the region's dialect. Usually people wonder and be amazed when a stranger can at least say 2-3 words,just even  mahal kita or how to say it in the other dialect....so cute to hear.

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

1_zps3d8b5644.jpg

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users