• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 magnar

magnar
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:00 PM

Hello
Is there anyone how know how long time it will take to get the marriage certificate after the wedding.
We are going to get married the 9 of June and want to start prosess to get entry visa to Norway as fast as possible.

#2 Felicity

Felicity

(*0*)c",)

• 7,246 posts
  • Interests:theater arts, painting,photography,web designing,musical instruments,speeches,visa process,life abroad,people, clubs-Toastmasters Club, Rotary Club, Rotaract Club, Scouting,blogging

"Never explain yourself to anyone. Because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person who dislikes you won't believe it."
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • ca
  • Local Office:Fresno

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE(magnar @ Apr 28 2007, 02:00 PM) View Post
Hello
Is there anyone how know how long time it will take to get the marriage certificate after the wedding.
We are going to get married the 9 of June and want to start prosess to get entry visa to Norway as fast as possible.

marriage certificate is given right after the wedding but it's not the one used as the document to prove a marriage. Ur maybe referring to the Marriage license. It is requested and can be asked 5 days after the wedding, depending on how fast records offices work smile.gif Just inquire at the courthouse near u. have a wonderful wedding smile.gif

fel

#3 Ampalaya

Ampalaya

Latest creation!

• 4,744 posts
  • Interests:Staying VERTICAL!!
  • ca
  • Local Office:Honolulu.

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE(magnar @ Apr 28 2007, 04:00 AM) View Post
Hello
From what I've "heard" the process of getting NSO Certified Certificates of Marriage as been accellerated.
When we were married in 2005 it could take up to 6 months to get one.
I made a "donation" and got ours in one month tho!

Edited by Ampalaya, 29 April 2007 - 04:36 AM.

Denied K1, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption and US Citizenship. Dual citizenship.
All PAU!
Been there! Did it all!

#4 bentghie

bentghie
  • Members
  • 1,079 posts
  • te

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(felnfrank @ Apr 29 2007, 09:41 AM) View Post
marriage certificate is given right after the wedding but it's not the one used as the document to prove a marriage. Ur maybe referring to the Marriage license. It is requested and can be asked 5 days after the wedding, depending on how fast records offices work smile.gif Just inquire at the courthouse near u. have a wonderful wedding smile.gif

fel

=================
HE INTEND TO MARRY IN PI, NOT IN US tongue.gif

PEACE .......
WEDDING PICS AND SO ON!!!

http://www.onetrueme..._...36

#5 scott4rhen

scott4rhen
  • Members
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Philippines
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • lo
  • Local Office:Vt service center

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:55 PM

I hope your Asawa is living near Manila, because from whet I remember it took almost 2 weeks to get it certified where you filed for the license, then after you get it you take it to where they do the passports in Manila pay another fee and wait a day or 2, then pick it up and take it to the Presidents Office near the Ayala Bridge in Manila pay another fee and pick it up 1 or 2 days later then it has the red Ribbon on it. meaning it is fully certified. Seemed to me like we were always standing in line to have this done and it seems very frustrating how many times you have to have it Certified and pay more and more each time you give to another Office, the Fees are not that much but it is the thought of being shaked down every time you go to have it Certified, was driving me crazy..
Scott & Karen

#6 Ampalaya

Ampalaya

Latest creation!

• 4,744 posts
  • Interests:Staying VERTICAL!!
  • ca
  • Local Office:Honolulu.

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(scott4rhen @ Apr 29 2007, 02:55 AM) View Post
I hope your Asawa is living near Manila, because from whet I remember it took almost 2 weeks to get it certified where you filed for the license, then after you get it you take it to where they do the passports in Manila pay another fee and wait a day or 2, then pick it up and take it to the Presidents Office near the Ayala Bridge in Manila pay another fee and pick it up 1 or 2 days later then it has the red Ribbon on it. meaning it is fully certified. Seemed to me like we were always standing in line to have this done and it seems very frustrating how many times you have to have it Certified and pay more and more each time you give to another Office, the Fees are not that much but it is the thought of being shaked down every time you go to have it Certified, was driving me crazy..
Scott & Karen

That's MALACAŅANG certification not National Statistics Office!

You don't have to get the marriage license or anything certified by [MALACAŅANG] for US immigration purposes.
I've seen where other countries require it tho!

Edited by Ampalaya, 29 April 2007 - 06:22 PM.

Denied K1, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption and US Citizenship. Dual citizenship.
All PAU!
Been there! Did it all!

#7 gem531

gem531
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ca

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:09 AM

Marriage license is issued in the municipality of one of party resides. You have to wait for 10 working days to get it. After which, you submit it to the church for your wedding. You can have your marriage certificate from the church a week after. The church will submit a copy of marriage certificate to the city hall. Th city hall will forward a copy to NSO and that will take time. To facilitate that, you can go to the NSO, bring your copy. Then NSO will issue your marriage certificate in NSO security paper , of course you have to pay.

#8 dontron64

dontron64
  • 232 posts
  • Visa type:Removing Conditions
  • ca
  • Local Office:Anchorage

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

Our priest took over a month to get our marriage contract returned to the LCRO. When we started trying to get the new NSO marriage certificate documents we discovered they still were not in the NSO system yet, so the service manager (at NSO) explained to me that I should go back to the provincial Local Civil Register Office (LCRO) and try to see if they HADN'T already sent the documents to Manila. If they hadn't already sent the documents to Manila I could request an Electronic Document Endorsement and then take it to the regional NSO office and they would be able to get us our official NSO marriage certificate.

I was able to pay a small fee for the Electronic Endorsement along with a certified copy of our marriage contract and I took it to our regional NSO office in Surigao. Armed with this EE and our CTC of our marriage contract I was able to go to the NSO and they created a new 'official' marriage certificate within about 20 minutes.

If our documents had already been forwarded to Manila NSO either directly by the LCRO or via the local NSO, then the service manager said it could take 6 months before we got our new NSO marriage certificate.
Our time line:
-----------
11-2-09 Met for the first time
11-3-09 Went to dinner to celebrate my birthday
11-18-09 Officially became bf/gf.
11-22-09 Went back to the States
1-1-10 Talked to her father on the phone queried about my intentions. Told him I intended to marry her.
10-8-10 2nd Trip back to Philippines
10-10-10 Proposed to her ... She said YES!
10-16-10 Meet her parents and family in the province for the first time
10-25-10 Returned to States
11-2010 Started her annulment process
1-4-11 Free to marry within the country
2-8-11 3rd trip to Philippines
2-10-11 Annulment process complete (can file for US visas now)
4-27-11 Got Married
5-30-11 Finally received marriage contract from priest
6-4-11 Discovered we needed to get an electronic endorsement of our marriage contract submitted
6-22-11 Finally got updated CENOMAR to show annulment of previous marriage
7-29-11 Finally had to say good bye and leave the Philippines after 6 months
8-18-11 Submitted CR-1 pkg to visa service agency
9-9-11 After a thorough review and obtaining additional docs, finally mailed our pkg to USCIS.
9-12-11 NOA1 recieved
3-14-12 NOA2 approved!!!! (per USCIS website)
3-19-12 pkg received by NVC
4-3-12 Finally received NVC case #
4-4-12 Paid AOS fee
4-5-12 USPS'd AOS docs. NVC gave me permission to send in my wife's DS-230 docs without needing to pay for the IV fee first, due to the IV fee change next week and I'm under a tight time schedule.
4-6-12 USPS'd DS230 docs.
4-13-12 will pay new fee schedule for IV fee.
4-13-12 Departing for PI for my 4th trip. (9 mos apart is a long time.)
4-17-12 Completed her medical exam while we were in Manila after my arrival.
4-23-12 paid IV fees
5-4-12 Requested an expedite from manila since I was in country through May - Approved.
5-9-12 NVC finally sends the pkg to Manila.
5-18-12 Finally able to schedule our interview to fit into my in country travel.
5-23-12 Interview, long (6hrs), boring, pain in the butt, but PASSED
5-28-12 Finally received her passport back in Surigao, worried it would pass us as we headed towards manila.
6-4-12 I had to return to the US, she had to take a later flight due to the uncertainty with her passport.
6-6-12 Len arrives in the US in Chicago.
6-7-12 0020 Len arrives on one of the last incoming flights at Hobby Airport in Houston. HOME AT LAST!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users