#1 He Calls Me Honey

He Calls Me Honey
  • Members
  • 169 posts
  • Visa type:IR-1
  • ve

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

Just need some help on this.

As i was reading through the posts, i find it hard to understand meanings of those CFO, NOA, NVC, etc.

Just started learning and taking down notes Posted Image

Thanks

Edited by He Calls Me Honey, 20 January 2012 - 03:13 PM.

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you."
Matthew 6:33

"And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

lxak5d.png

Our Timeline for IR1

Sent Petition:12-03-2012

NOA1 receipt:12-12-2012

NO RFE praise the Lord

NOA2 approved:03-01-2013

Data Package Received by NVC: 03-27-2013

Received DS3032: 04-03-2013

Pay I-864 Bill:04-09-2013

Pay IV Bill:04-24-2013

Sending of AOS and IV required docs delayed due to delay in getting NBI clearance til May 17, 2013

Date of Medical:

Date of Interview:

Approved Visa: 

#2 beeguy

beeguy
  • 884 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

Just need some help on this.

As i was reading through the posts, i find it hard to understand meanings of those CFO, NOA, NVC, etc.

Just started learning and taking down notes Posted Image

Thanks

CFO = Commission on Filipinos Overseas - As Filipinos going abroad as fiancÚ(e)s, spouses or other partners of foreign nationals, you are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling session in order to secure the Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC) and the CFO sticker.

NOA - Notice Of Action from the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services).

NVC - National Visa Center (part of the U.S. Department of State)

03/02/2010: First trip to the Philippines.
04/06/2010: Joined WOF
04/11/2010: Met on Cherry Blossoms.
05/06/2010: Talked her into joining WOF.
05/13/2010: Changed our statuses on Facebook to "in a relationship".
05/28/2010: Met her friend and her employer in Chicago (here on business).
08/17/2010: Booked trip to the Philippines.
09/05/2010: Arrived in Manila late at night. Met her in the waiting area. WOW!
09/08/2010: Met her parents and most of the family!
09/10/2010: Trekked to the top of Mt. Pinatubo and surprised her with a ring. She said YES!
09/19/2010: Had to return to US. :(
03/25/2011: Arrived second visit with her. Together again.
04/14/2011: Flew back to Chicago :(

K-1
07/25/2011: Starting on K-1 package. Where did I put all that stuff???
08/02/2011: K-1 Petition package mailed via Priority Mail to Texas Service Center! The clock is running...

08/09/2011: K-1 Petition package delivered to Texas Service Center.
08/13/2011: K-1 Petition NOA1 received.
01/11/2012: I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) APPROVED
01/27/2012: NVC notification letter received.
02/07/2012: She received the letter from the US Embassy
02/14/2012: She passed the physical at St. Lukes!
02/15/2012: She finished her CFO seminar
02/27/2012: Depart O'Hare for Manila
02/28/2012: Arrived very late in Manila

03/01/2012: Interview at the US Embassy - K1 VISA APPROVED!!
03/07/2012: Visa delivered!
03/08/2012: Got CFO sticker.

03/16/2012: Arrived in the USA together.

05/12/2012: Married!!!

AOS

05/18/2012: Mailed AOS package to USCIS.
08/10/2012: Received temp Emp Auth Card with Advanced Parole from USCIS.

04/04/2013: Received her Permanent Resident Card from USCIS!

Removing Conditions

03/20/2015: Mailed I-751 package to USCIS

03/23/2015: I-751 package arrived at the California Service Center

03/25/2015: I-751 check cashed by USCIS

03/27/2015: I-751 NOA received from USCIS

04/13/2015: Bought tickets to Phil for her brother's wedding in June.

IMG_0692.JPG

#3 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,243 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:45 AM

Here is a list of abbreviations and acronyms you may meet. This post will be edited from time to time to add more.

AOS -- (US) Adjustment of Status. Normal usage implies petitioning for change of status to Permanent Legal Resident from another visa category. Use form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

AP -- (US) Advance Parole. Permission to travel outside of the US while waiting on approval of petition for Adjustment of Status. Use form I-131 to apply for Advance Parole or Travel Permit.

AR -- (US) Administrative Review. If for any reason the Embassy needs to review documents or request additional information, then your visa petition is put on hold pending "Administrative Review"

BCIS -- (US) When the INS was abolished, the name of the new agency was Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services. It has been renamed and is now known as the USCIS

BI -- (RP) Bureau of Immigration

CBP -- (US) Customs and Border Protection

CFO -- (RP) Commission on Filipinos Overseas. Philippine emigrants are required to attend a CFO seminar put on by either SMEF-COW or PRISM. See PDOS Registration.

DFA -- (RP) Department of Foreign Affairs

EAD -- (US) Employment Authorization Document Use form I-765

EU -- European Union

FBI -- (US) Federal Bureau of Investigation. A US police clearance is obtained from the FBI.

NOA/NOA1/NOA2 -- (US) Notice of Action from USCIS. After you file a petition for a visa, NOA1 informs you that the petition has been accepted and NOA2 informs you that the petition has been approved and is being forwarded to the Embassy. These will be printed on Form I-797 or I-797C. This form is also used for other notices from USCIS. The NOA1 and NOA2 designations are used in discussions of the process, they are not official terms and you may receive additional NOAs between them for various reasons.

HK -- Hong Kong

ICE -- (US) Immigration and Customs Enforcement

INS -- (US) Immigration and Naturalization Service. Abolished in 2002. It's functions are now handled by USCIS, ICE and CBP

KSA -- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

NAIA -- Nino Aquino International Airport. This airport is located in Manila, Philippines. (The MIAA website loads very slowly)

NBI -- (RP) National Bureau of Investigation. A Philippine police clearance is obtained from the NBI.

NSO -- (RP) National Statistics Office. This agency keeps Philippine civil records.

PHP -- Philippine Peso

PI -- Philippine Islands. Designation for the US Territory of the Philippine Islands. Still used by many even though the islands are now an independent nation.

PNP -- Philippine National Police

PRISM -- (RP) People's Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization, Inc. This is one of the two organizations authorized to host the CFO seminars. One Location in Metro Manila.

RCO -- (RP) DFA Regional Consular Office

RFE -- (US) Request For Evidence. This notice is asking for additional documents or information. Processing of you petition is put on hold until the information or items asked for are received.

RP -- Republika ng Pilipinas/Republic of the Philippines.

SMEF-COW -- (RP) St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation-Center for Overseas Workers. This is one of the two organizations authorized to host the CFO seminars. Locations in Cebu City and Metro Manila.

UK -- The United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and assorted Isles)

USC -- US Citizen

USCIS -- (US) United States Citizenship and Immigration Service. USCIS replaces INS and

USD -- US Dollar

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#4 He Calls Me Honey

He Calls Me Honey
  • Members
  • 169 posts
  • Visa type:IR-1
  • ve

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:20 AM

Thank you for the response Posted Image

noted

And oh sorry i post on a wrong forum again. Thanks for the help on changing it for me.

God bless

Edited by He Calls Me Honey, 21 January 2012 - 05:23 AM.

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you."
Matthew 6:33

"And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

lxak5d.png

Our Timeline for IR1

Sent Petition:12-03-2012

NOA1 receipt:12-12-2012

NO RFE praise the Lord

NOA2 approved:03-01-2013

Data Package Received by NVC: 03-27-2013

Received DS3032: 04-03-2013

Pay I-864 Bill:04-09-2013

Pay IV Bill:04-24-2013

Sending of AOS and IV required docs delayed due to delay in getting NBI clearance til May 17, 2013

Date of Medical:

Date of Interview:

Approved Visa: 

#5 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,243 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:25 AM

Thank you for the response Posted Image

noted

And oh sorry i post on a wrong forum again. Thanks for the help on changing it for me.

God bless

Your original question was fine where you posted it. I moved it since the expanded answer was more appropriate in a general info category.

Keep asking important questions. There are many things we don't realize we need until someone asks the question :D

The adventure continues
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users