• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jake&katrina

Jake&katrina
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

Hello everyone im new to this so please bare withe me. OK I'm engage to my beautiful Filipina And i'm in the Philippines right now, we did all the paper work to get married in the Philippines and i want to bring her to the states but im confused about the K3 or the Cr1 we been together for 2 years and iv been coming to the Philippines about every 6 months and stay for3 months at a time. my question is after we get married should i file for the K3 or Cr1 I never heard of CR1 and what are the requirements? Thank you and God Bless.
Here is a pic of my lovely wife to be.
[/img]

#2 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

You file an I-130 for the CR-1 visa (spousal immigrant visa). After you get a receipt for that petition, you can submit an I-129F for the k3 visa. The K3 submittal has been a waste of time lately, as USCIS approves both petitions about the same time, then sends the I-130 on and shelves the K3 package.

--Ray B

QUOTE (Jake&katrina @ Jul 10 2010, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone im new to this so please bare withe me. OK I'm engage to my beautiful Filipina And i'm in the Philippines right now, we did all the paper work to get married in the Philippines and i want to bring her to the states but im confused about the K3 or the Cr1 we been together for 2 years and iv been coming to the Philippines about every 6 months and stay for3 months at a time. my question is after we get married should i file for the K3 or Cr1 I never heard of CR1 and what are the requirements? Thank you and God Bless.
Here is a pic of my lovely wife to be.
[/img]

#3 Jake&katrina

Jake&katrina
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:41 AM

so when i get the CR1 i'm still gonna need the K3? So the K3 is still required? or i will just need the CR1?
and also how much would that cost me roughly. Thanks for the quick reply by the way.

Jake.

#4 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Jake&katrina @ Jul 11 2010, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so when i get the CR1 i'm still gonna need the K3? So the K3 is still required? or i will just need the CR1?
and also how much would that cost me roughly. Thanks for the quick reply by the way.

Don't bother with the K-3, it is pretty much obsolete currently. The K-3 is a non-immigrant visa that allows a spouse to travel to the U.S. while waiting for the processing of their immigrant visa (in this case the CR-1). Either way you have to apply for a CR-1, these days the processing for a CR-1 is pretty much 'at par' with the processing of the K-3, so the K-3 has become pointless. The K-3 just adds additional paperwork and expense.

See: http://travel.state....types_2991.html

Ask any other questions you have after you have read that.

The current filing fee for the I-130 is $355

She is very pretty and you both look very happy, congratulations!

Edited by MrkGrismer, 12 July 2010 - 01:25 PM.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#5 Jake&katrina

Jake&katrina
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (MrkGrismer @ Jul 12 2010, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't bother with the K-3, it is pretty much obsolete currently. The K-3 is a non-immigrant visa that allows a spouse to travel to the U.S. while waiting for the processing of their immigrant visa (in this case the CR-1). Either way you have to apply for a CR-1, these days the processing for a CR-1 is pretty much 'at par' with the processing of the K-3, so the K-3 has become pointless. The K-3 just adds additional paperwork and expense.

See: http://travel.state....types_2991.html

Ask any other questions you have after you have read that.

The current filing fee for the I-130 is $355

She is very pretty and you both look very happy, congratulations!

thank you so much this really cleared things up for me and my fiancee. i was really confused but its clear now thanks a million im glad that i joined this forum its the only forum that helped me. all the rest were just adding confusion to our matter. thanks again MrkGrismer

#6 Jake&katrina

Jake&katrina
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:37 PM

Hi, everyone im back. i just wanted to tell everyone that we got married!! and now im back in the USA getting started with the paper work. i know there is no room for era so i'm asking if anyone can guide me. i'v dl the forms and im starting with the I-130 i know im gonna sound dumb but here it goes.. on the information about your relative do i use the maiden name or marriage name? i know im looking dumb already and got a long way to go but i want to do this right. anyones help would be appreciated. thanks Jake unsure.gif

#7 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Jake&katrina @ Dec 16 2010, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, everyone im back. i just wanted to tell everyone that we got married!! and now im back in the USA getting started with the paper work. i know there is no room for era so i'm asking if anyone can guide me. i'v dl the forms and im starting with the I-130 i know im gonna sound dumb but here it goes.. on the information about your relative do i use the maiden name or marriage name? i know im looking dumb already and got a long way to go but i want to do this right. anyones help would be appreciated. thanks Jake unsure.gif

Married name, that's her name now.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#8 username

username
  • 1,953 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te
  • Local Office:Had to use snail mail

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

Congratulation on your marriage.

#9 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Jake&katrina @ Dec 16 2010, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Congratulations smile.gif

No you're not dumb...seeking assistance for something you don't know how to do is usually considered a sign of higher intelligence tongue.gif

Of course men are supposed to get it done first and learn how later, that however can usually be helped by paying attention to the wife biggrin.gif

Keep on truckin'
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#10 Jake&katrina

Jake&katrina
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:54 AM

lol you guys are great and thank you so much!!! ok off i go to bring my baby home. i shall return if i need anymore info. thanks a million. jake biggrin.gif

#11 Jake&katrina

Jake&katrina
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

ok i finished filling out the I-130 and i also did the G-3251a now do i have to add I-864 ? and is that all the Filing papers i need? for the submitting process ?

#12 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:43 PM

Jake,

Do not send I-864 until paperwork reaches the National Visa Center and you pay the sponsorship processing bill of $88.

For your initial I-130 submittal you need the following:

1. I-130 petition
2. G-325A for each of you
3. Submittal fee of $420
4. One passport-style photo of each of you
5. Copies of your birth certs (both), marriage cert, any divorce or annulment documents
6. Photos of you both together
7. Copies of travel itineraries, plane tickets, passport pages
8. Copies of correspondence, email, chatlogs between you

Mail by Priority Mail to:
USCIS
P.O. Box 804625
Chicago, IL 60680-4107

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: I-130
131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

--Ray B

QUOTE (Jake&katrina @ Dec 17 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok i finished filling out the I-130 and i also did the G-3251a now do i have to add I-864 ? and is that all the Filing papers i need? for the submitting process ?

#13 Jake&katrina

Jake&katrina
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

ok so i dont have to mail the I-864 yet? also i got everything on the check list but we have little chat logs, we do most our communications through skype video chat and phone. but i have proof that iv been going to phils and stayed 4 months on my passport. we been together almost 2 1/2 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users