• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sweetjulie

sweetjulie
  • 321 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • mi

Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:09 AM

Good evening everyone! We're planning to visit in Cebu City, Philippines this coming summer.  Anybody here can recommend me the best day to travel to get cheaper ticket? we    look month of July is still expensive. we would like to travel sometimes in July that way i have   lot  done with work before we take off.

Also , anybody here can recommend a safe  Condo  near Ayala Mall or SM Cebu City? Where we can get affordable Ticket we look online still expensive. 

how many days is US citizen allowed to stay in Philippines? It's been 6 yrs since our last vacation. 

Thank you so much and Greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Sweetjulie

#2 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

Good evening everyone! We're planning to visit in Cebu City, Philippines this coming summer.  Anybody here can recommend me the best day to travel to get cheaper ticket? we    look month of July is still expensive. we would like to travel sometimes in July that way i have   lot  done with work before we take off.

Also , anybody here can recommend a safe  Condo  near Ayala Mall or SM Cebu City? Where we can get affordable Ticket we look online still expensive. 

how many days is US citizen allowed to stay in Philippines? It's been 6 yrs since our last vacation. 

Thank you so much and Greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Sweetjulie

A U.S. citizen can stay for up to 30 days visa free but a returning Filipino and their immediate family can stay up to one year visa free on a Balikbayan Privilege by having the proper documents with them when they arrive, such as marriage license and birth certificate for the children. Usually proof for the returning Filipino, an old Philippine passport is recommended but for my wife they have always accepted her U.S. passport which shows her place of birth as the Philippines, yet she always has her old Philippine passport with her just in case they don't.

http://www.immigrati...bayan-previlege

If anyone intends to us the BB Privilege to stay then my recommendation would be to print the law to have with you for check in just in case, I have found that many airlines in the U.S. do not know that law, thus I have to show a copy of it to them each year that I travel to the Philippines with my wife as they always demand that I have a visa until I prove to them that I do not need one by showing them a copy of the law. 

As for the tickets, I just checked on Travelocity for July 2 to Aug 2 and the tickets cost $1447 on Singapore Airlines, my advice would be to work backwards and forwards on dates to see if you can hit a less expensive day, that is what we usually do when planning our yearly trips over.

Sorry I cannot help on a place to stay, hope you have a great trip. 

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#3 sweetjulie

sweetjulie
  • 321 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • mi

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:50 AM

THank you so much Mr Lee. Greatly appreciated. We found and booked a Condo near Ayala Center Cebu and  we booked our plane ticket also.

A U.S. citizen can stay for up to 30 days visa free but a returning Filipino and their immediate family can stay up to one year visa free on a Balikbayan Privilege by having the proper documents with them when they arrive, such as marriage license and birth certificate for the children. Usually proof for the returning Filipino, an old Philippine passport is recommended but for my wife they have always accepted her U.S. passport which shows her place of birth as the Philippines, yet she always has her old Philippine passport with her just in case they don't.

http://www.immigrati...bayan-previlege

If anyone intends to us the BB Privilege to stay then my recommendation would be to print the law to have with you for check in just in case, I have found that many airlines in the U.S. do not know that law, thus I have to show a copy of it to them each year that I travel to the Philippines with my wife as they always demand that I have a visa until I prove to them that I do not need one by showing them a copy of the law. 

As for the tickets, I just checked on Travelocity for July 2 to Aug 2 and the tickets cost $1447 on Singapore Airlines, my advice would be to work backwards and forwards on dates to see if you can hit a less expensive day, that is what we usually do when planning our yearly trips over.

Sorry I cannot help on a place to stay, hope you have a great trip. 

Edited by sweetjulie, 01 February 2018 - 02:51 AM.

#4 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:18 PM

THank you so much Mr Lee. Greatly appreciated. We found and booked a Condo near Ayala Center Cebu and  we booked our plane ticket also.

Great, could you please tell us how you found that condo to book and where you got the best deal on tickets, that way others can learn from it?

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users