7 replies to this topic

#1 CBinFlorida

CBinFlorida
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • te

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

I am Chuck, I have been lurking around here for a couple months and decided to introduce myself.

It looks like a nice forum with some entertaining posters as well as alot of good information!

I met Lyn on one of the dating sites about 8 months ago and it wasn't long before we were communicating every day.

Actually, I was looking for somebody a bit closer to my age but, after a couple weeks, I stopped chatting with anybody else and deactivated my account. Lyn is 33 and I am 50 but the age does not seem to matter to her. She already thinks she is an old maid...haha

Lyn is such an awesome lady, sweet, smart, funny, and of course beautiful.

It looks like I am taking my first trip to the Philippines the middle of next month. She lives in Iligan City, Mindanao. It is going to be quite the journey for me, outside of the US, I have not been anywhere but Canada, Mexico, and the Bahamas.

We are both really excited about meeting after all this time. Wish me luck and I will be back with a report and pictures when I return!

#2 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

I am Chuck, I have been lurking around here for a couple months and decided to introduce myself.
It looks like a nice forum with some entertaining posters as well as alot of good information!

I met Lyn on one of the dating sites about 8 months ago and it wasn't long before we were communicating every day.
Actually, I was looking for somebody a bit closer to my age but, after a couple weeks, I stopped chatting with anybody else and deactivated my account. Lyn is 33 and I am 50 but the age does not seem to matter to her. She already thinks she is an old maid...haha

It looks like I am taking my first trip to the Philippines the middle of next month. She lives in Iligan City, Mindanao. It is going to be quite the journey for me, outside of the US, I have not been anywhere but Canada, Mexico, and the Bahamas.

We are both really excited about meeting after all this time. Wish me luck and I will be back with a report and pictures when I return!

Welcome to the forum. I of course wish you lots of luck and we look forward to seeing some of those photos and to hear about your adventures and travels. Have a great trip!!

Edited by Mr. Lee, 11 January 2013 - 03:21 AM.

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#3 nite_guy

nite_guy
  • 1,096 posts
  • AZ
  • Local Office:St Paul Mn

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Welcome aboard Chuck, and I hope you enjoy your trip. I really like Mindanao, although I've never been in that part of it.

#4 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,843 posts
  • lo

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Welcome!

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#5 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Lyn is 33... She already thinks she is an old maid...haha

Oh my goodness...i hope this is not my case not hoping i think the same as she is :lol:

And oh.....this i hope could be my case ....haha :wacko:

Of course...i wish you the very best of luck and happiness upon meeting and staying with your Lyn. If you report some pictures of your return,your luck is doubled ;)

Edited by melody, 11 January 2013 - 07:30 PM.

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#6 AYENSGUYTOM

AYENSGUYTOM

Ayensguy

• 771 posts
  • Interests:food, wine, sports, politics, world news, family
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

CONGRATULATIONS, RELAX AND ENJOY

Many of us have so much in common with you and

it all works out.... wonderfully

be smart, be safe and ask questions

GOOD LUCK

#7 Mel

Mel
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:my wife, our 2 children, and my youth program and the youngsters in it
  • lo

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hi Chuck.  Welcome aboard and good luck meeting your lady.  My wife is also from Mindanao (Bayugan - near Butuan).  I love visiting, and have been there 7 times the past 6+ years.  Just remember to get your immunizations and read the health reports on do's and do not's, such as only drinking bottled water.  Also, do not worry about the age difference - that is not at all unusual with FilAm relationships.  If U have any questions, there are so many of us here who have gone through what U are doing now.  In some ways, I envy U and the excitement of your first trip.  Good Luck again. 

Edited by Mel, 09 February 2013 - 09:48 PM.

10/22/10: Mailed N400
10/26/10: Received confirmation of payment, I-797C
11/04/10: Biometrics December 2nd, in Elizabeth NJ
01/14/11: Citizenship scheduled for February 15th
02/15/11: Citizenship interview passed!
02/15/11: Swearing in ceremony. Rocelle Lomanda Zitter is an American Citizen!!!

#8 Rowan

Rowan
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

You are welcome!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users