4 replies to this topic

#1 jeanken

jeanken
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Jean Vigonte (from Butuan City, Phils.) and my Fiancee's name is Kenneth Duncan (from Minneapolis, MN). I am very new in this site but reading a few of the conversation threads in here (esp. related with the K1/Fiancee Visa), gives me so much hope that the questions in both our minds will be somehow answered or that you will be generous enough to share your insights.

Kenneth is currently living in Minneapolis and has been really trying to get me over there. However, he wants to make sure that he will be doing all the right moves so there won't be any complications when he begins the necessary procedures. Unfortunately, we both don't really have a clue as to what would be the best thing to do first. All we both can think of right now is for him to look for a good lawyer that specializes in Fiancee Visas there in Minneapolis. He was actually able to call one law office but he was informed that the whole process might take a year at least and that they charge about US$3,000. We both were really taken aback by the amount.

Thank God because I was able to find this site and maybe in answer to our prayers, any one of you might be able to help us refer a very good lawyer in Minneapolis that Ken can get in contact with.

Hope to hear your suggestions and advices soon... Thank you very much in advance!

God bless everyone and may this year 2008 be a fruitful and prosperous one for all of us.

Jean-Ken (",)

#2 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,834 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE(jeanken @ Jan 3 2008, 10:46 AM) View Post
Hi everyone! My name is Jean Vigonte (from Butuan City, Phils.) and my Fiancee's name is Kenneth Duncan (from Minneapolis, MN). I am very new in this site but reading a few of the conversation threads in here (esp. related with the K1/Fiancee Visa), gives me so much hope that the questions in both our minds will be somehow answered or that you will be generous enough to share your insights.

Kenneth is currently living in Minneapolis and has been really trying to get me over there. However, he wants to make sure that he will be doing all the right moves so there won't be any complications when he begins the necessary procedures. Unfortunately, we both don't really have a clue as to what would be the best thing to do first. All we both can think of right now is for him to look for a good lawyer that specializes in Fiancee Visas there in Minneapolis. He was actually able to call one law office but he was informed that the whole process might take a year at least and that they charge about US$3,000. We both were really taken aback by the amount.

Thank God because I was able to find this site and maybe in answer to our prayers, any one of you might be able to help us refer a very good lawyer in Minneapolis that Ken can get in contact with.

Hope to hear your suggestions and advices soon... Thank you very much in advance!

God bless everyone and may this year 2008 be a fruitful and prosperous one for all of us.

Jean-Ken (",)

Unless there is something very unusual about your situation he should not need a lawyer. The process is relatively simple. Send him the following links to read:

http://manila.usemba...v/wwwh3204.html (Note that some of the fees just changed and are not reflected properly here)

http://travel.state....types_1315.html (fiance/spousal visa types)
http://travel.state....types_2994.html (specific page for K-1 fiance visa)

http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD (How Do I Become a K-Nonimmigrant as the Spouse or Child of a U.S. Citizen? (K-3 and K-4 Visa Classifications))

And, of course, any questions ask them here.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#3 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,767 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:07 PM

Jeanken,

Please tell your fiancee that he can email me directly at: raybacon1@gmail.com and he and I can arrange to speak by phone. I can walk him through the requirements for the fiancee visa process and explain all his options.

The submtital fee is $455 and it will take about 8-10 months.

--Ray B

QUOTE(jeanken @ Jan 3 2008, 10:46 AM) View Post

Jean-Ken (",)

#4 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • ch

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

Jeanken - Ray is a known authority on these issues and has tons of real world experience should you need his assistance.

James

#5 jeanken

jeanken
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • te

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE(rbacon @ Jan 4 2008, 12:07 AM) View Post
Jeanken,

Please tell your fiancee that he can email me directly at: raybacon1@gmail.com and he and I can arrange to speak by phone. I can walk him through the requirements for the fiancee visa process and explain all his options.

The submtital fee is $455 and it will take about 8-10 months.

--Ray B

Hi Ray! Thank you very much for the prompt reply and your generous offer to help... Ken will be emailing you soon so you can talk more in detail.

Thanks again.

JeanKen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users