Jump to content


Who May Study? Guide to college eligibility for non-immigrants

  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MrkGrismer

  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Auburn Hills, MI
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

I found this while looking for answers to the question in the topic name, and I thought it would be useful to 'bookmark' it here in a pinned topic.

Unfortunately it is a PDF so here is the link: http://www.ice.gov/d...o Can Study.pdf

The important part for most is:

Only F and M students are limited to attendance at SEVP approved schools. Nonimmigrants who are attending school incidental to their primary purpose for being in the United States may attend the school of their choice either part-time or full-time (unless otherwise noted). However, these nonimmigrants must abide by the rules of their current status and cannot extend their stay in the United States for the purposes of completing a program of study or a degree. Spouses and children who derive their status from that of the principal may not remain in the United States beyond the period approved for the principal in order to continue schooling. In most cases, children lose their derivative status at the age of 21 and must apply for a change of status to F-1 or M-1 if they wish to remain in the United States to continue their course of study.

Note that the non-immigrant may have to pay out-of-state tuition rates.

Edited by MrkGrismer, 16 May 2012 - 01:28 PM.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen


Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users