22 replies to this topic

#21 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:54 PM

class, name, style are all modifiers to a tag. They are stacked by placing them in a list inside the angle brackets after the tag label. The white space (blank, tab, cr etc.) is the delimiter. Nesting multiple tags so that each modifier can be alone in it's own set of brackets is inviting error when it comes time to manually edit. It also leaves the maintenance programmer in serious doubt as to whether the nesting is needed or if it is just to separate the modifiers. By not nesting you are giving the maintainer a little less of a problem

I have been hacking pre-existing code for almost 30 years now. I much prefer code that is cleanly formatted with a minimum of unnecessary clutter. I hate code-generator code with a purple passion. Bad formatting, dead code, strange constructions that are easy to build by algorithm and are a nightmare to read and other such problems. All of these are a nightmare (read wasted hours) for a maintenance programmer.

When using a generator to build a webpage at least run it through a 'beautifier' & lint filter so that the result is somewhat readable ... Meaningful comments are nice to, but I have learned that is usually expecting too much :P

Unnecessary nesting & dead code are 2 things I always remove from code I am editing. It makes bug search & future modifications so much simpler.

The adventure continues
Fritz

All wonderful in theory but the code for this site is probably generated on the fly and it may not be possible to have it modify the code in the way you want just to add color to the titles. It is apparent that the span color was an add, and it is simply inserted there, if it is simply closed it will probably fix the issue people are having.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#22 Roaddog

Roaddog
  • Root Admin
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and beer
  • ca

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

I think this is fixed now... LEt me know if you see other wise!

#23 Henry

Henry
  • Members
  • 115 posts
  • ve

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:54 AM

That fixed it for me,,, Thanks!

Henry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users