• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 JoeinMI

JoeinMI
  • 280 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • ca

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:03 PM

OK, Ive complained to everyone else I know, but nothing has helped so here I am.
IT'S JUST TOO DARNED HOT HERE IN MICHIGAN !!!

thank you.....

p.s. I know I'd never make it in the Phils !!

#2 1PPCLI

1PPCLI
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:PSK-31, 80M DX
  • em

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:28 AM

Well, it is hot in Canada, too. All our igloos are melting...

#3 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ch

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:33 AM

We have had 100s for weeks and the funny thing is that in Bacolod last month while we were there it was in the 80s - 20 degrees less than here....

Well, it is hot in Canada, too. All our igloos are melting...

#4 MERCREDI

MERCREDI
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:I like watching movies from different countries (subtitles :D), I like listening to different type of music (from pop, RnB, Hip-Hop, alternative, rock to even classical) just not so much of country music. Not a fan, sorry. I play the guitar but not awesome great. I also like to read books. I have read most of John Grisham's novels and watched the movies based on them. I like art in any form.

That's all I can think of right now :)
  • Visa type:IR-1
  • lo

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:05 PM

We are not that bad here in Hudson, Fl. Well it's morning, it'll be hot in a little while.

Attached Files

#5 JoeinMI

JoeinMI
  • 280 posts
  • ca

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:59 PM

I heard a good joke today that it was so hot here that two trees were fighting over the same dog.

Edited by JoeinMI, 21 July 2011 - 10:03 PM.

#6 Evil Lynne In AZ

Evil Lynne In AZ
  • 261 posts
  • lo
  • Local Office:Phoenix

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:36 AM

Yeah baby! It's dry heat in Arizona! LOL Just like an oven.

#7 1PPCLI

1PPCLI
  • 420 posts
  • em

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

Dry heat, got to love this term..just like they say in Alberta during the winter when it is -40. It's a dry cold. :)

Not sure when the heat is going to break, but those of us in the northern climate should enjoy it while it lasts. Snow will be here soon enough.

#8 JoeinMI

JoeinMI
  • 280 posts
  • ca

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:43 PM

I hear summer comes on a Wednesday this year up there in Alberta......

#9 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,836 posts
  • lo

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

We where just outside of Muskegon and apparently missed the blasted heat.

Most of our fish died, however :(

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#10 beeguy

beeguy
  • 884 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

We where just outside of Muskegon and apparently missed the blasted heat.

Most of our fish died, however :(

Quick, put them in the sun to dry! :lol:

03/02/2010: First trip to the Philippines.
04/06/2010: Joined WOF
04/11/2010: Met on Cherry Blossoms.
05/06/2010: Talked her into joining WOF.
05/13/2010: Changed our statuses on Facebook to "in a relationship".
05/28/2010: Met her friend and her employer in Chicago (here on business).
08/17/2010: Booked trip to the Philippines.
09/05/2010: Arrived in Manila late at night. Met her in the waiting area. WOW!
09/08/2010: Met her parents and most of the family!
09/10/2010: Trekked to the top of Mt. Pinatubo and surprised her with a ring. She said YES!
09/19/2010: Had to return to US. :(
03/25/2011: Arrived second visit with her. Together again.
04/14/2011: Flew back to Chicago :(

K-1
07/25/2011: Starting on K-1 package. Where did I put all that stuff???
08/02/2011: K-1 Petition package mailed via Priority Mail to Texas Service Center! The clock is running...

08/09/2011: K-1 Petition package delivered to Texas Service Center.
08/13/2011: K-1 Petition NOA1 received.
01/11/2012: I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) APPROVED
01/27/2012: NVC notification letter received.
02/07/2012: She received the letter from the US Embassy
02/14/2012: She passed the physical at St. Lukes!
02/15/2012: She finished her CFO seminar
02/27/2012: Depart O'Hare for Manila
02/28/2012: Arrived very late in Manila

03/01/2012: Interview at the US Embassy - K1 VISA APPROVED!!
03/07/2012: Visa delivered!
03/08/2012: Got CFO sticker.

03/16/2012: Arrived in the USA together.

05/12/2012: Married!!!

AOS

05/18/2012: Mailed AOS package to USCIS.
08/10/2012: Received temp Emp Auth Card with Advanced Parole from USCIS.

04/04/2013: Received her Permanent Resident Card from USCIS!

Removing Conditions

03/20/2015: Mailed I-751 package to USCIS

03/23/2015: I-751 package arrived at the California Service Center

03/25/2015: I-751 check cashed by USCIS

03/27/2015: I-751 NOA received from USCIS

04/13/2015: Bought tickets to Phil for her brother's wedding in June.

IMG_0692.JPG

#11 JoeinMI

JoeinMI
  • 280 posts
  • ca

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:34 AM

Too late,beeguy! It appears the heat wave has passed for the time being. My wife is saddened by the typical Michigan weather where our state motto is, "If you dont like the weather, wait five minutes and it'll get worse!!!" Anyway, usually too humid to dry out the fish!!!

Mark, you were lucky to plan a trip up north where the weather would be slightly more tolerable. Or maybe you went up for the air-conditioner convention..... Im taking Sherry up to Mackinac Island this next weekend. I warned her that the lake water isnt nearly as "thick" as in Manila Bay.

#12 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,836 posts
  • lo

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

Too late,beeguy! It appears the heat wave has passed for the time being. My wife is saddened by the typical Michigan weather where our state motto is, "If you dont like the weather, wait five minutes and it'll get worse!!!" Anyway, usually too humid to dry out the fish!!!

Mark, you were lucky to plan a trip up north where the weather would be slightly more tolerable. Or maybe you went up for the air-conditioner convention..... Im taking Sherry up to Mackinac Island this next weekend. I warned her that the lake water isnt nearly as "thick" as in Manila Bay.

I don't really consider Muskegon 'up north' ;) but the weather was definitely more mild then what it apparently was here. Cleo likes how the weather changes in Michigan ('Not boring' she says). Mackinac Island should be nice, just bring lots of money ;)

Cleo wants to go camping in the autumn for the colors now... she said it is okay if I buy my bigger camp heater if it means we can go camping in the autumn.

Edit: Carlos, empty your mailbox, nobody can send you PMs.

Edited by MrkGrismer, 27 July 2011 - 01:00 PM.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#13 1PPCLI

1PPCLI
  • 420 posts
  • em

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:11 PM

Love the fall colours up there! If you get across the border, take the Agoma Central Railway fall colour trip. You go up the Agawa canyon.

Wouldn't want to try swimming in Superior in September. Went in August and it was bloody cold! That is one cold lake!

#14 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,836 posts
  • lo

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:18 PM

Love the fall colours up there! If you get across the border, take the Agoma Central Railway fall colour trip. You go up the Agawa canyon.

Wouldn't want to try swimming in Superior in September. Went in August and it was bloody cold! That is one cold lake!

It depends on the day. We were up there last year and we had a day when Superior was easily warm enough to swim in (just a little chilly at first). The next day Cleo wanted to go back in, the waves where more active and it was 'too cold' for me (didn't stop her).

This time in Lake Michigan it was mostly just a little chilly with some warm currents here and there (kind of like an underwater 'warm breeze').

#15 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,064 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:43 PM

OK, Ive complained to everyone else I know, but nothing has helped so here I am.
IT'S JUST TOO DARNED HOT HERE IN MICHIGAN !!!

thank you.....

p.s. I know I'd never make it in the Phils !!

Ok give me a few weeks and I'll fix it for you. :lol:

#16 1PPCLI

1PPCLI
  • 420 posts
  • em

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:26 PM

It depends on the day. We were up there last year and we had a day when Superior was easily warm enough to swim in (just a little chilly at first). The next day Cleo wanted to go back in, the waves where more active and it was 'too cold' for me (didn't stop her).

This time in Lake Michigan it was mostly just a little chilly with some warm currents here and there (kind of like an underwater 'warm breeze').

Once was up just north of the Sault, when there was strong wind from the west, the waves were crashing heavy on the shore. You would of sworn it was an ocean, not a lake. Still it is lovely country up there.

How long did Cleo last? If she prefers cool weather, there is always the New Years Day Polar Bear dip. I just shake my head when I see the people going in for a swim when it is below freezing, though I guess the water would be warmer or else it would be ice, right?

#17 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,836 posts
  • lo

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

Once was up just north of the Sault, when there was strong wind from the west, the waves were crashing heavy on the shore. You would of sworn it was an ocean, not a lake. Still it is lovely country up there.

How long did Cleo last? If she prefers cool weather, there is always the New Years Day Polar Bear dip. I just shake my head when I see the people going in for a swim when it is below freezing, though I guess the water would be warmer or else it would be ice, right?

She was probably in Lake Superior for a good hour or longer, she loves being in the water. She doesn't seem troubled by it being 'a little cold', either water-wise or the air. Winter never seems to bug her and I will turn up the heat inside before she does. I guess it is kind of unusual for a Pinay as many of her friends will complain about the cold when she is going around without even a coat on.

I don't know if she would want to do the Polar Bear thing tho. Remember salt water can get well below freezing, it doesn't freeze until around 20 F.

I don't like swimming in salt water tho, there's no avoiding getting at least a 'little' in your mouth and that stuff tastes horrid.

#18 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,238 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

She was probably in Lake Superior for a good hour or longer, she loves being in the water. She doesn't seem troubled by it being 'a little cold', either water-wise or the air. Winter never seems to bug her and I will turn up the heat inside before she does. I guess it is kind of unusual for a Pinay as many of her friends will complain about the cold when she is going around without even a coat on.

I don't know if she would want to do the Polar Bear thing tho. Remember salt water can get well below freezing, it doesn't freeze until around 20 F.

I don't like swimming in salt water tho, there's no avoiding getting at least a 'little' in your mouth and that stuff tastes horrid.

No need to go to salt water for a Polar Bear swim. Lake Couer d'Alene here is used for a refreshing dip every New Year's Day. It's the season that makes it a Polar Bear event. No I don't join in :P

The adventure continues
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#19 1PPCLI

1PPCLI
  • 420 posts
  • em

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:41 PM

Sure is fun to wtch the insanity, though! Only time I am on the water in winter is to ice fish. Even then it is in a nice hut. Maybe this year, I will go out on ice sail sled. Imagine a sailboard, but with ice runners on it. Darn things get a good speed. Looks like fun.

#20 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,836 posts
  • lo

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:16 PM

Sure is fun to wtch the insanity, though! Only time I am on the water in winter is to ice fish. Even then it is in a nice hut. Maybe this year, I will go out on ice sail sled. Imagine a sailboard, but with ice runners on it. Darn things get a good speed. Looks like fun.

As long as you have a good parka, gloves, etc.

Cold enough for good ice + good speed = wind chill! :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users