4 replies to this topic

#1 nite_guy

nite_guy
  • 1,096 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • AZ
  • Local Office:St Paul Mn

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Not me, but apparently some of my wife's extended family thinks they did, since they have a daughter in America now. A couple times now these relatives from the provinces have came into Davao City for celebrations. The probably is they bring with the people and their families that help on their small rubber farm. The family members are welcome, their helpers are not. Imagine having a party and a group of three you expected brings along 20 guests. A couple times now they've descended on the in-laws home and literally ate them out of house and home. My mother in-law and sister in-law never tell them to go away, it would be impolite. But how polite is it to show up with 20 extra people and eat every scrap of food so invited guests can't get enough? They actually happened to say this time, well you're rich you've got a daughter in America!

Some of these unexpected guests also apparently made themselves welcome to the special kids music CD's to. If I was there, I think I'd be sending them packing. Playing on the I'm an ignorant American routine like a fox. But I don't really understand the family just welcoming in their relatives when they bring a uninvited horde with them, in numbers well over what you can handle or feed. Bringing an extra person or two is no big deal, but who brings 20 extra people to a house party? 

#2 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,852 posts
  • lo

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Take a handful of bird seed in your hand. Go out to the middle of your backyard. Put it on the ground. Walk back to your back door.

Seem familiar?

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#3 nite_guy

nite_guy
  • 1,096 posts
  • AZ
  • Local Office:St Paul Mn

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

Take a handful of bird seed in your hand. Go out to the middle of your backyard. Put it on the ground. Walk back to your back door.

Seem familiar?

Maybe they sent a letter dripping bird seed to the province  :lol:

#4 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ch

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Wait till you visit again - dinners become big group gatherings and vacations are with at least 10 various family members..

#5 sixstringjunkie

sixstringjunkie
  • Members
  • 469 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ve

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

I used to feel the same as you do. Although throughout the years I have grown used to this type of behavior and have learned to accept that's their culture.

I don't mind it at all anymore as long as I can afford it why not share with those less fortunate?  It will reward you someday in ways you couldn't imagine.

History is being made every second of your existence. Make every second count. History is meant to be remembered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users