• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 affectionate

affectionate
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • mi

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:23 AM

Hello to all Mommies here especially who have a duaghter. I have a question about ear piercing for the babies, how old is your daughter when she got her ear pierced? How long it will heal? And where did you go to get it done?

Edited by affectionate, 12 April 2009 - 12:36 AM.

#2 Schatje

Schatje
  • Members
  • 102 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em
  • Local Office:Netherlands

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:23 AM

hello.. good day

my daughter was 3 months old when she had her ears pierced and i took her to the mall to have her ears pierced.. it will heal fast as long as u know how to take care of it..to avoid infection, u can put an alcohol but gently and slowly to avoid it to get inside the ears of the baby or u use cotton soak with alcohol.

#3 MGC27

MGC27
  • Members
  • 200 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • te

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

I would like to have my daughter have her ear pierced too, its just i dont know how she will take the pain and the healing
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Schatje

Schatje
  • Members
  • 102 posts
  • em

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (MGC27 @ Apr 15 2009, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to have my daughter have her ear pierced too, its just i dont know how she will take the pain and the healing

ohh that's what i'm thinking too before... how old is your daughter now?? because base on age,(i think starting from 1 year old) they will know already what's gonna happen next after her one ear will be pierced.. unlike those baby girls who are still less than 1 year old

#5 MGC27

MGC27
  • Members
  • 200 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • te

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:22 PM

Schatje,
my baby is 6 months old now. If i was only in the philippines, her ears are already pierced when she was still a month old
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Negra

Negra
  • Members
  • 267 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ne

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

My daugther had her ears peirced when she was only 2+ months old. My husband was against the idea because he thought the baby would be in pain. I explained it to him that it would be quick. ~_^ He still disagreed, but he gived in anyway. I guess mommies just love looking at the girls with pretty earrings? biggrin.gif

Ear peircing healed very quick. As far as I can remember, the day after her ears done, it looks like it was already healed. They will give you or you have to buy it from them, it looks like water it was not alcohol either. I used it to clean the ears and clean her earrings every now and then. There are lots of these (ear peircing) in the mall, ask the store which are sells kids fashion stuff. Good luck!

quote name='affectionate' date='Apr 12 2009, 01:23 AM' post='205492']
Hello to all Mommies here especially who have a duaghter. I have a question about ear piercing for the babies, how old is your daughter when she got her ear pierced? How long it will heal? And where did you go to get it done?
[/quote]

What goes around comes around

#7 sysop32

sysop32
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • em

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:12 PM

Not sure exactly when my daughter got her ears pierced (haven't seen her irl yet), but even the first photos when she was like 1 month old, her ears were pierced. And of course she looked cute smile.gif

My own opinion is, that of course it will hurt (probably more me and her mom most), but I think babies have another way of feeling pain. They feel it, but don't know where or how and they can only cry to tell you something is wrong somewhere. It could just as well feel hungry, or diaper itching and she can't really tell the difference.

Negra
He still disagreed, but he gived in anyway. I guess mommies just love looking at the girls with pretty earrings?

Nah .... daddies too rolleyes.gif

Anyhow ...... just my 2 cents of thoughts smile.gif

Edited by sysop32, 17 April 2009 - 06:24 PM.

#8 Schatje

Schatje
  • Members
  • 102 posts
  • em

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:32 PM

[quote name='Negra' date='Apr 17 2009, 02:52 PM' post='206257']
My daugther had her ears peirced when she was only 2+ months old. My husband was against the idea because he thought the baby would be in pain. I explained it to him that it would be quick. ~_^ He still disagreed, but he gived in anyway. I guess mommies just love looking at the girls with pretty earrings? biggrin.gif

Ear peircing healed very quick. As far as I can remember, the day after her ears done, it looks like it was already healed. They will give you or you have to buy it from them, it looks like water it was not alcohol either. I used it to clean the ears and clean her earrings every now and then. There are lots of these (ear peircing) in the mall, ask the store which are sells kids fashion stuff. Good luck!

if water then it wont dried up easily can cause moisture in the ears (unless u wipe it with a clean cloth).. then the bacteria will go there and maybe the cause of infection.. rather than of alcohol because it will evaporate quickly and is also a disinfectant and antiseptic...

just a thing to share for not having an infection

#9 Schatje

Schatje
  • Members
  • 102 posts
  • em

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:35 PM

Negra,

if water then it wont dried up easily can cause moisture in the ears (unless u wipe it with a clean cloth).. then the bacteria will go there and maybe the cause of infection.. rather than of alcohol because it will evaporate quickly and is also a disinfectant and antiseptic...

just a thing to share for not having an infection....

#10 Schatje

Schatje
  • Members
  • 102 posts
  • em

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:09 AM

[quote name='MGC27' date='Apr 17 2009, 02:22 PM' post='206255']
Schatje,
my baby is 6 months old now. If i was only in the philippines, her ears are already pierced when she was still a month old
[/quo

ok... its better to have her ears pierce at her age now if u are also ready for it..heheh

#11 Negra

Negra
  • Members
  • 267 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ne

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:31 PM

Day, I did NOT say it was water. I said "IT LOOKS LIKE WATER". Actually alcohol is not advisable to put on wounds. If you have your ear pierce done, they will recommend it, the stuff I was talking about.

QUOTE (Schatje @ Apr 18 2009, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Negra,

just a thing to share for not having an infection....

What goes around comes around

#12 affectionate

affectionate
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • mi

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:36 PM

I went to the mall today to get my daughter ear pierce but they refuse to do it. They wont do it until my daughter have a first shot vaccination.

#13 Schatje

Schatje
  • Members
  • 102 posts
  • em

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (Negra @ Apr 19 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Day, I did NOT say it was water. I said "IT LOOKS LIKE WATER". Actually alcohol is not advisable to put on wounds. If you have your ear pierce done, they will recommend it, the stuff I was talking about.

ok it was my mistake to read..im sorry....

#14 Schatje

Schatje
  • Members
  • 102 posts
  • em

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:46 PM

maybe it's just base on my knowledge and experience as a nurse here in the philippines and not outside the philippines.(there is really a big difference). because we use alcohol just for cleaning outside and not putting into the wound..

#15 Schatje

Schatje
  • Members
  • 102 posts
  • em

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:48 PM

U mean the BCG vaccination?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users