3 replies to this topic

#1 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,677 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

Here i am again sharing what i read in a blog...I just added some of my words to it :D

We have noticed that most foreigners like darker skin..but most Filipinas like to whiten their skin. Skin-whitening....probably one of the most popular and the best sellers in the Philippines and in other Asian countries.Don't you think?

While some western people spend lots of money to achieve a darker skin, some Filipinos spend theirs on skin-whitening products.:blink::lol: Well, surprise! Some people would do anything to get that tan beach babe look when some already had it but are still trying to get rid of it. That's just the way things are, we want what we don't have…it's a human mistake,jejeje. We don't appreciate what God gave us. Maybe he made us different so someone else could appreciate those differences. Just imagine if everyone looks alike, its like removing the colors of a rainbow…huh.

Some filipinos are born with a lighter skin tone. When those have lighter skin want darker skin, people would say " :o Are you crazy?!". Why they react like that? Some would like to just want to try something new… But by doing that,they will be changing themselves and I don't know how they could inspire fellow filipinos not to change themselves too..jejeje.

We could know that in some parts of the world, there are people who appreciate their/our /your darker-skinned beauty and would actually want to have some characteristics they have. ;)

I don't think it would also be good for the businesses and the economy if filipinos suddenly stop buying these skin-whitening products because there are a lot of companies who are dedicated in selling these products.

To be fair..ok..ok..I guess we should just let people do whatever they want to make themselves happy…:)

Edited by melody, 25 November 2011 - 01:24 PM.

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#2 dontron64

dontron64
  • 232 posts
  • Visa type:Removing Conditions
  • ca
  • Local Office:Anchorage

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:44 AM

One of the first things my wife asked me for/about was what type of skin whiteners did we have in the US? I told her "ah, NONE!, most girls in the US are paying good money to darken their complexion and you guys are doing the exact opposite". Another example of the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Edited by dontron64, 22 December 2011 - 07:45 AM.

Our time line:
-----------
11-2-09 Met for the first time
11-3-09 Went to dinner to celebrate my birthday
11-18-09 Officially became bf/gf.
11-22-09 Went back to the States
1-1-10 Talked to her father on the phone queried about my intentions. Told him I intended to marry her.
10-8-10 2nd Trip back to Philippines
10-10-10 Proposed to her ... She said YES!
10-16-10 Meet her parents and family in the province for the first time
10-25-10 Returned to States
11-2010 Started her annulment process
1-4-11 Free to marry within the country
2-8-11 3rd trip to Philippines
2-10-11 Annulment process complete (can file for US visas now)
4-27-11 Got Married
5-30-11 Finally received marriage contract from priest
6-4-11 Discovered we needed to get an electronic endorsement of our marriage contract submitted
6-22-11 Finally got updated CENOMAR to show annulment of previous marriage
7-29-11 Finally had to say good bye and leave the Philippines after 6 months
8-18-11 Submitted CR-1 pkg to visa service agency
9-9-11 After a thorough review and obtaining additional docs, finally mailed our pkg to USCIS.
9-12-11 NOA1 recieved
3-14-12 NOA2 approved!!!! (per USCIS website)
3-19-12 pkg received by NVC
4-3-12 Finally received NVC case #
4-4-12 Paid AOS fee
4-5-12 USPS'd AOS docs. NVC gave me permission to send in my wife's DS-230 docs without needing to pay for the IV fee first, due to the IV fee change next week and I'm under a tight time schedule.
4-6-12 USPS'd DS230 docs.
4-13-12 will pay new fee schedule for IV fee.
4-13-12 Departing for PI for my 4th trip. (9 mos apart is a long time.)
4-17-12 Completed her medical exam while we were in Manila after my arrival.
4-23-12 paid IV fees
5-4-12 Requested an expedite from manila since I was in country through May - Approved.
5-9-12 NVC finally sends the pkg to Manila.
5-18-12 Finally able to schedule our interview to fit into my in country travel.
5-23-12 Interview, long (6hrs), boring, pain in the butt, but PASSED
5-28-12 Finally received her passport back in Surigao, worried it would pass us as we headed towards manila.
6-4-12 I had to return to the US, she had to take a later flight due to the uncertainty with her passport.
6-6-12 Len arrives in the US in Chicago.
6-7-12 0020 Len arrives on one of the last incoming flights at Hobby Airport in Houston. HOME AT LAST!!!!

#3 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:30 PM

To be fair..ok..ok..I guess we should just let people do whatever they want to make themselves happy…:)

I agree that we should do as we wish to do, but at what possible physical cost. We were all created as we are, so using products to change that or having operations can endanger our lives. IMHO no one should use any product they do not have to use, and skin whiteners or skin tanning chemicals are not necessary for others to accept and want us. If it is then IMO we are with the wrong person.

As you wrote, we all seem to seek to change how we were born, but if we truly believe in a higher power, would not changing what he made us be an insult to him, sort of telling him he made a mistake.

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#4 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,677 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

One of the first things my wife asked me for/about was what type of skin whiteners did we have in the US? I told her "ah, NONE!,

:lol: You know..you make me laugh.... But then how much good money she is spending to whiten her skin? :unsure:

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users