10 replies to this topic

#1 Bell2

Bell2
  • 2,227 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • Local Office:OH

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:06 AM

Hi,

My daughter's interview was done and the CO asked a DNA test for me and my daughter. The CO said everything is fine but he wanted to make it sure that I'm the biological mother because my daughter's birth certificate was registered late. Another red flag, I was at a later age when I gave birth and she's my only child. He asked me the records of my pre-natal when I was pregnant with my daughter but I told the CO that I didn't have those prenatal records anymore. I am so sure that my daughter is really my daughter so DNA test is not a problem. My husband already called and paid the AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities in the US on that day after the interview. I scanned and email him the documents that I got from the USE to speed up the process. The AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities sent the kit express mail to the USE manila and they'll get it on Monday. The AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities told us that the whole process will only takes 8 days for them, but depends how fast the process of the US Embassy in Manila. I think by doing it right away saves us 2 weeks.

My questions are:

1. Are positive DNA results is good enough proof to get a visa?
2. How long will it take to get the visa after the USE got the DNA result?
3. The CO has doubt about my relationship with my daughter that's why he asked a DNA test but DNA test is not a problem. Is there anything else that I need to worry about?

I appreciate any input, Thank You.

Bell

Edited by Bell2, 07 June 2012 - 06:35 AM.

#2 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

Bell,

The completed DNA test should be all you need.

Can you tell us about how much the DNA testing is costing you?

--Ray B

Hi,

My daughter's interview was done and the CO asked a DNA test for me and my daughter. The CO said everything are fine but he want to make it sure that I'm the biological mother because my daughter's birth certificate was late registered. Another red flag, I am at the later age when I gave birth and she's my only child. He asked me the records of my pre-natal when I was pregnant with my daughter but I told the CO that I don't have those prenatal records anymore. I am so sure that my daughter is really my daughter so DNA test is not a problem. My husband already called and paid the AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities in the US on that day after the interview. I scanned and email him the documents that I got from the USE to speed up the process. The AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities sent the kit express mail to the USE manila and they'll get it on Monday. The AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities told us that the whole process will only takes 8 days for them, but depends how fast the process of the US Embassy in Manila. I think by doing it right away saves us 2 weeks.

My questions are:

1. Positive DNA results is good enough proof to get a visa?
2. How long to get the visa after the USE got the DNA result?
3. The CO has doubt about my relationship with my daughter that's why he asked a DNA test but DNA test is not a problem for me and my daughter. Is there anything that I need to worry about?

I appreciate any input. Thanks

Bell

#3 Bell2

Bell2
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

Bell,

The completed DNA test should be all you need.

Can you tell us about how much the DNA testing is costing you?

--Ray B

My husband paid $600 and the AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities is going to send it through express mail to the USE Manila. We're also going to pay 1,500 PHP each at Saint Luke's for collecting the DNA samples. Thank you Ray for the quick reply.

Bell

#4 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

My husband paid $600 and the AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities is going to send it through express mail to the USE Manila. We're also going to pay 1,500 PHP each at Saint Luke's for collecting the DNA samples. Thank you Ray for the quick reply.

Bell

That sounds about right for costs from what I've seen. Note that it will only be right for the visa if it is something like 99.5% match or better, but it should come out that way. I know it seems absurd to you because you certainly know if she is your daughter or not (barring some freakish 'switched at birth' situation) but there are people that adopt a siblings or cousin's child at or near birth and raise it as their own, those are the people the Embassy is required to screen out and because of those people they must have a DNA test in many illegitimate child situations or if there are any red flags.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#5 JLW36

JLW36

GeorgiaOnMyMind

• 750 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:Atlanta, Georgia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

Wow so sorry to hear that. Thanks for the info bell. I just have had to expect the same

Edited by JLW36, 07 June 2012 - 05:41 PM.

My Daugther's IR2 Visa Timeline

October 03-2011-Sent the Application for I-130 Package
October 07-Received USCIS acceptance of Application by e-mail
October 12, 2011-Received Notice of Action by Mail
April 27,2012-Finally Petition is approved!
May 3,2012-Received NOA 2 in the mail
May 29,2012-NVC assigned Manila Case Number MNL2012XXXXXX
May 30,2012-Assigned myself as the Choice of Agent for (DS3032)
June 3,2012-Received and Paid AOS Bill Invoice Bill
June 7,2012-Registered as The Choice of agent
June 7,2012-Receieved and Paid Immigrant Visa Application Bill Invoice
June 10,2012-Complete/signed forms DS230, Affidavit of Support I-864, I-864A
June 26,2012-Mailed all required documents to NVC
July 11,2012-NVC Case Complete!
Aug 6 & 7 - Medical Schedule
Aug 15 - Interview Appointment @ 6:15AM
Aug 15 - Interview Approved.
Aug 23 - Visa/Packet Received
Oct 15 - Bound for PI to pick her up.
October 31, 2012 - Our(POE)Atlanta, Ga.

November 12, 2012- She got her 10 years Greencard

N-400 (U.S Citizenship)
March 08,2011-Mailed package Application for U.S Citizenship
March 17-Receipt Notice (Form I-797C)Received by E-mail
March 21-Recieved I-797C by mail
April 12-Biometrics @ 8AM
August 4-Interview @ 8:40AM. Interview & Oath taking the same day.

I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence
June 01,2009-Submit my application (VSC)
June 12-Received NOA 1
June 19-Received Biometrics Appointment
July 08-Biometrics Schedule
Oct 25-Request for the removal of condition approved
Oct 29-Production of the new card
Nov 07-Got my 10 years Greencard

Mom's 2006 IR5

#6 JLW36

JLW36

GeorgiaOnMyMind

• 750 posts
  • ca

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

My daughter never had used my last name when she started her schooling since pre school until she started attending college instead she used my middle name as her last name though she had her original Birth Certificate stating that she is my daugther and I was able to get her a passport based on her original Birth Certificate but I do have worries of my own. I probably need to secure an affidavit stating that both name used is just the same and one person. But I will have to be ready for additional DNA expenses if I have to. I will get her here no matter what. Thanks bell for the info.

Edited by JLW36, 07 June 2012 - 05:20 PM.

N-400 (U.S Citizenship)

June 12-Received NOA 1

Mom's 2006 IR5

#7 Bell2

Bell2
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

That sounds about right for costs from what I've seen. Note that it will only be right for the visa if it is something like 99.5% match or better, but it should come out that way. I know it seems absurd to you because you certainly know if she is your daughter or not (barring some freakish 'switched at birth' situation) but there are people that adopt a siblings or cousin's child at or near birth and raise it as their own, those are the people the Embassy is required to screen out and because of those people they must have a DNA test in many illegitimate child situations or if there are any red flags.

You are right Mark, it seems absurd to me. But I think the CO is just doing his job. It's OK as long as they will issue the visa of my daughter right away after they got the DNA result.

#8 Bell2

Bell2
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

My daughter never had used my last name when she started her schooling since pre school until she started attending college instead she used my middle name as her last name though she had her original Birth Certificate stating that she is my daugther and I was able to get her a passport based on her original Birth Certificate but I do have worries of my own. I probably need to secure an affidavit stating that both name used is just the same and one person. But I will have to be ready for additional DNA expenses if I have to. I will get her here no matter what. Thanks bell for the info.

When the CO asked a DNA test. They said that we will wait for the papers and instruction from the USE. They will send it to our address in the US. We did not wait for that instruction and papers from the US Embassy, my husband go to the US embassy website and there are list of AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities in the US, we choose the AABB Accredited closer to our place. My husband call them and he provided them our MNL case number, my name and my daughter's name, our birthday and he emailed them the documents requesting a DNA test that I got from the USE. The AABB Accredited said they handled many cases like this and they already know what to do. They provided us a tracking number of the DNA kit so we will know if the USE got the DNA kit.

#9 JLW36

JLW36

GeorgiaOnMyMind

• 750 posts
  • ca

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

When the CO asked a DNA test. They said that we will wait for the papers and instruction from the USE. They will send it to our address in the US. We did not wait for that instruction and papers from the US Embassy, my husband go to the US embassy website and there are list of AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities in the US, we choose the AABB Accredited closer to our place. My husband call them and he provided them our MNL case number, my name and my daughter's name, our birthday and he emailed them the documents requesting a DNA test that I got from the USE. The AABB Accredited said they handled many cases like this and they already know what to do. They provided us a tracking number of the DNA kit so we will know if the USE got the DNA kit.

Thanks for your input butc How is the process? Do you have to go to their Lab here in the U.S to get a DNA sample from you too?

N-400 (U.S Citizenship)

June 12-Received NOA 1

Mom's 2006 IR5

#10 Bell2

Bell2
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for your input but How is the process? Do you have to go to their Lab here in the U.S to get a DNA sample from you too?

My daughter and I are in Manila staying near the embassy and St Lukes for the duration of the process. The AABB Accredited told us that they send two DNA kit for me and my daughter and a doctor from St Lukes will collect our DNA samples at the US embassy in front of the US embassy personnel. Then the US embassy will send it back to the AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities in the US.

#11 JLW36

JLW36

GeorgiaOnMyMind

• 750 posts
  • ca

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

My daughter and I are in Manila staying near the embassy and St Lukes for the duration of the process. The AABB Accredited told us that they send two DNA kit for me and my daughter and a doctor from St Lukes will collect our DNA samples at the US embassy in front of the US embassy personnel. Then the US embassy will send it back to the AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities in the US.

Good thing, that you're in the Philippines with your daugther, I'm not goin' to be there during her Medical and Interview but probably would be there if she already have the Visa. I hope that I won't have to go through all this BS, its complicated and more money will go to the drain. All the best and hope you could finally bring her with you soon. Again, thanks for all the information I would probably asked you for more questions if everything didn't went well on her interview. Salamat!

N-400 (U.S Citizenship)

June 12-Received NOA 1

Mom's 2006 IR5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users