3 replies to this topic

#1 mark78

mark78
  • Members
  • 51 posts
  • Visa type:DCF
  • US Embassy Manila

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:25 AM

Have not been on this board for sometime, funny how things happen.  I may be submitting  a DS-117 to see if my wife's daughter can return here to Guam.  The question that I have is dealing with her passport, its expired now, for the interview with regards to the SB-1 Visa it says  "Original current and/ or old passport that proves your identity, admission into the U.S. as a legal permanent resident, and foreign  immigration stamps  on return to your country from the United States."

Since her passport is expired will it be OK for the SB-1 visa interview? 

#2 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,853 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

It is okay if it is expired (that is why it says "/or old"). What they are looking for is proof of identity and legal entry into the U.S. (and that she didn't overstay her visa previously).

She will need to renew the passport before she can come to the U.S., obviously. The sooner that is done the better.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#3 mark78

mark78
  • Members
  • 51 posts
  • US Embassy Manila

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:02 AM

Many thanks, yes she will renewal her passport soon...

#4 mark78

mark78
  • Members
  • 51 posts
  • US Embassy Manila

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:35 PM

Stating to fill out the DS-117 form, anybody here familiar with this form?  #8 is asking for a DHS "A" Number, where do I find this?  I did find one that was on her Immigrant Data Summary Page that she got back in 2014 do I use this? And since this form is for a child under 10yrs old, does the mom sign for her daughter?  Any help would be appreciated.  

Thank you...Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users