11 replies to this topic

#1 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ch

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

I know about Ayosdito and Sulit but wonder if any other sites are available for property for sale, especially in Nueva Ecija area. I know there are some Fast sell due to immigrants or other things but not sure where the bulk of people would put them.. That's why I wish WOF could have these kinds of ads from established members and somehow police them to the best way possible..

Thanks all

#2 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

Sulit is now Olx, then there is Island Properties, Bahay.phAhyer and then International Real Estate Directory that I know of but my way of doing it, if in a subdivision would be to make up flyers to deliver to all the neighbors first, in hopes that one of them might know someone. 

Unfortunately there does not appear to be any fast way of selling a property in the Philippines unless it is very under priced and in a perfect location. I think that listing properties for sale on the forum might be a good way to help members, I suggest you send Hawk a pm suggesting it.

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#3 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • ch

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:14 AM

Yep I look at banks for repos and sulit the most.. First we want a couple of hectares for rice, then the house and lot - not necessary to be in "new" type neighborhood.

We had talked about the sales thing before but it didn't go anywhere.. The fear is scammers and such filling the site.. Thanks

#4 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:43 AM

Yep I look at banks for repos and sulit the most.. First we want a couple of hectares for rice, then the house and lot - not necessary to be in "new" type neighborhood.

We had talked about the sales thing before but it didn't go anywhere.. The fear is scammers and such filling the site.. Thanks

That could be prevented by only allowing known long time members to post properties for sale and with the note on that section that it is always let the buyer beware.

The good thing about being able to post things on a forum is that lots of visitors get to see the listings, as well as the members, and the more traffic a site has, the more people might see the listing. 

It has been my experience that most things listed online are over priced and directed at people not living in the Philippines. If you wish to buy in a particular area then hire a driver to drive you around and then have the wife call them to discuss everything before a westerner gets into the mix and thus the prices might go up. 

I have an extra 30.27 sq meter studio unit in Cebu that we had considered selling but I do not even wish the hassle of dealing with potential buyers, so even when I could list it for free on most sites, I have never bothered to do so. Possibly have your wife put the word out in the area you wish to buy and maybe you might find someone like us who might be on the fence to buy from. 

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#5 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • ch

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:57 AM

Yes that's what we are doing at the moment - having family start to canvass the rice farmers and locals in various parts of nueva ecija..  Thanks and God Bless

#6 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,668 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

Guys allow me to interrupt for a query (future plan) . Since the thread is about property for sale it's logical that there is buying then of properties. Let me ask....Can a foreigner buy any property in the Philippines in his/her own name ( not well informed,years back it was not possible thinking it is still the same)?

Out from the topic......Please let me ask. Can a foreigner open a bank account and have money deposited when he/she wants while being away from the Philippines ?

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#7 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:27 AM

Guys allow me to interrupt for a query (future plan) . Since the thread is about property for sale it's logical that there is buying then of properties. Let me ask....Can a foreigner buy any property in the Philippines in his/her own name ( not well informed,years back it was not possible thinking it is still the same)?

Out from the topic......Please let me ask. Can a foreigner open a bank account and have money deposited when he/she wants while being away from the Philippines ?

Foreigners can only buy condos or house condos which means they do not own the land since foreigners cannot own land.

Yes a foreigner can open bank accounts in some banks, not all banks will allow it and different branches of the same bank often have different rules. I have accounts in my name in two different banks here in Cebu. If anyone need some info on which bank in Cebu City that will easily open an account for them, then I can recommend who they can go see. 

#8 melody

melody

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

Foreigners can only buy condos or house condos which means they do not own the land since foreigners cannot own land.

Yes a foreigner can open bank accounts in some banks, not all banks will allow it and different branches of the same bank often have different rules. I have accounts in my name in two different banks here in Cebu. If anyone need some info on which bank in Cebu City that will easily open an account for them, then I can recommend who they can go see. 

Thanks Mr. Lee, the explanation is enough for me to understand :)

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#9 melody

melody

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

Sorry Mr. Lee...........I thought the explanation is enough for me to understand as what i said but some doubts left . Is this CAN ONLY BUY is for condos and a closed book for any other immovable properties?

Foreigners can have investment or can invest in the Philippines (not in their own names) but can't buy or own any properties. Am i right?

Retiring in the Philippines,as what you know,what could be the privilege given to any foreigners?

#10 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:00 PM

Sorry Mr. Lee...........I thought the explanation is enough for me to understand as what i said but some doubts left . Is this CAN ONLY BUY is for condos and a closed book for any other immovable properties?

Foreigners can have investment or can invest in the Philippines (not in their own names) but can't buy or own any properties. Am i right?

Retiring in the Philippines,as what you know,what could be the privilege given to any foreigners?

Basically from what I know foreigners have little to no rights in the Philippines. On the other hand dual citizens would have just about the same rights as regular citizens.  

#11 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,250 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:22 PM

There are a few ways for a non-citizen to own real estate

A foreigner can inherit land in Philippines as the legal heir of the landowner. This does not mean that your husband would automatically inherit property in Philippines if you died before him. Philippine inheritance laws would govern the disposal of the property and he would likely be forced to sell the property and keep only a portion of the proceeds.

The foreign spouse of a Philippine landowner has NO ownership interest in their spouse's property as that would be granting a foreigner ownership of Philippine land. The foreign spouse can be named in the purchase contract to document their obligations to complete the purchase, but ownership is vested solely in the Philippine citizen/Former citizen.

A foreigner can own a share of a Philippine corporation that owns land (60% minimum Philippine citizen ownership of the corporation)
* The trick to this one is to form the corporation, then have the foreigner be the sole corporate officer. This grants the foreigner 100% effective control and use of the corporate assets while complying with the law capping foreign ownership at no more than 40%.
A foreigner can also own a share of a condo project (60% minimum Philippine citizen ownership of the project)
A former Philippine citizen has restricted rights to land ownership with the specific amount set by the use the land is put to.

Some of the visa categories include investment privileges and there are special exemptions for foreigners making large investments in the Free Trade Zones.

The foreign spouse of a Philippine citizen can naturalize after 5 years as Permanent Resident in Philippines as spouse. Or 10 years as Permanent Resident in Philippines if not married to a Philippine citizen. Once naturalized, they are Philippine citizens with full rights. Ability to speak English or Spanish AND a 'major Filipino language' is required for naturalization.

But in general ordinary people are limited to condos unless they are Philippine citizens or Balikbayans.

The adventures continue
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#12 melody

melody

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:15 PM

I am too busy thinking the ex-wife :lol: that only this time i find a way to say thanks for commenting Mr. Lee and gentle Fritz. The information is enough clear for me now. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users