• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 affectionate

affectionate
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • mi

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:48 PM

My mom passed the interview last March 14 and she got her visa yesterday my question is about the Immigrant Data Summary. A photocopy of this Immigrant Data Summary is one of the requirement but how can you photocopy it if they dont want to dettached the packet?

#2 liahsterling

liahsterling
  • Moderators
  • 1,523 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • te

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:51 AM

Yet Amy thats great :). Congrats to your mom

#3 wynn

wynn
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:****seeking information about K1- VISA

**** meeting friends around the WORLD
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:N/A

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:35 AM

Congrats........ :)
****/// God smiles when we praise HIM,listens when we pray, gives when we ask, forgives when we repent and stay forever when we love, GOD cares for us...........****///

#4 Mel

Mel
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:my wife, our 2 children, and my youth program and the youngsters in it
  • lo

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:42 AM

My mom passed the interview last March 14 and she got her visa yesterday my question is about the Immigrant Data Summary. A photocopy of this Immigrant Data Summary is one of the requirement but how can you photocopy it if they dont want to dettached the packet?

Hi Affectionate. Congrats on your Mom. Question, when did U start the process to get her to USA? I am asking because we started our process to get my Rocelle's Mom to USA (I-130) a few weeks ago, and I am of course very curious to see how long it is taking the people ahead of us. Thanks and congrats again.
10/22/10: Mailed N400
10/26/10: Received confirmation of payment, I-797C
11/04/10: Biometrics December 2nd, in Elizabeth NJ
01/14/11: Citizenship scheduled for February 15th
02/15/11: Citizenship interview passed!
02/15/11: Swearing in ceremony. Rocelle Lomanda Zitter is an American Citizen!!!

#5 liahsterling

liahsterling
  • Moderators
  • 1,523 posts
  • te

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:50 AM

If I remember it right there should be a form outside the brown envelope. that should be the IDS. Not sure of this tho

#6 peace

peace
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • lo

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

I don't know if this is the answer you are looking for, but i found this info at the CFO website (http://www.cfo.gov.p...d=297&Itemid=77)

I cannot photocopy my visa and US immigrant data summary because we are not allowed to open the embassy packet. How do I comply with the CFO registration requirements?

The embassy packet is the envelope enclosed in a plastic covering as delivered to you by courier. You may open the plastic cover but not the embassy packet itself. You have to do this so that you can retrieve your passport which will be affixed with a CFO emigrant registration sticker.

The immigrant data summary (IDS) is an information sheet attached to the embassy packet. You are not allowed to detach the IDS from the embassy packet. When you have it photocopied, turn the packet face down on the machine. If you happen to detach the IDS by accident, return the whole packet to the US Embassy.

#7 tim and mari

tim and mari
  • Members
  • 108 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:philippines

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:20 AM

she can still make a photocopy not necessary to detach the Data Summary.

3-15-10---Arrived in St.Louis,MO
3-22-10---Welcome letter arrived
3-23-10---Green Card received
3-31-10---SSN received

#8 affectionate

affectionate
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • mi

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:05 PM

Thank you all........

1 user(s) are reading this topic