#1 marie091709usc

marie091709usc
  • Members
  • 147 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo
  • Local Office:none

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:26 AM

On December 1, 2009 we went to the Philippine Consulate in L.A (3600 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 500 Los Angeles, Ca 90010), arrived there at 3:30pm.

Submitted the following:
*Completely filled out form Petition for Dual Citizenship and Issuance of Identification Certificate
*Photocopy of my Birth Certificate
*Photocopy of current Philippine Passport
*Photocopy of Marriage Contract
*Photocopy of my Certificate of Naturalization
*(2) 2x2 photos
*$50.00

After paying the fee at the cashier,I was told that I could take the Oath-taking @ 4:30pm. I went back to the Dual Citizenship window and gave the papers back to the lady with my payment receipt. After few minutes, my name was called and I was asked to sign the
*Oath of Allegiance and
*Identificate Certificate and then did the thumbprints.

At 4:30, I and the other applicants were called and ushered to a room and were given the
*Identification Certificate
*Order Of Approval and
*Oath of Allegiance and then took the Oath

Got out of the room and asked the receptionist if I can still make it in time to apply for Philippine Passport. He said yes, and he gave me the form to fill-out and was told to go outside get passport photo taken and photocopies of the ff.
*Identification Certificate
*Order Of Approval and
*Oath of Allegiance

I paid less than $10 for the photocopies and passport photo.

Submitted the
*Identification Certificate (photocopy)
*Order Of Approval (photocopy)
*Oath of Allegiance (photocopy)
*Old Philippine Passport (photocopy)
*Birth Certificate (photocopy)
*passport photos

I did the thumbprints and paid the fees.
*$50.00 application fee
*$6.00 mailing fee

Was told that it will take 5-6 weeks to process the passport which is fine with me smile.gif I was just so happy that I got those two things done in one visit.

God is near and I am here. We two are One.

#2 AsiaBill

AsiaBill
  • Members
  • 109 posts
  • Location:Townhouse Hotel near Manila Airports & Casa Camilla Boracay Island
  • Interests:long walks on the beach, partying with fun people,trekking in the mountains, traveling the world, reading novels & magazines, listening and dancing to most kinds of music, watching films, comedy and a few TV programs, sleeping and working whenever I feel like, learning things I didn't know before, taking part in interesting conversation with people from 93 countries who we've welcomed since 1986, making love as much as possible, entrepreneurial projects which help pay for all of the above
  • lo

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:22 AM

THANK YOU for your very organized detailed account of your experience. If you don't mind I'd like to copy it and share it with other Filipino Americans and Filipinos with other foreign passports abroad. After working and living most of their lives abroad and retirement age coming we expect MANY Filipinos to return to live their aging years in the Philippines. Also I've been getting many requests from their adult children who can not afford or do not want the required school loan debt to be educated in the USA so want to come back to the Philippines to study. Obtaining DUAL CITIZENSHIP is the best choice for them also. Our daughter applied and was issued dual citizenship from the Honolulu Consulate in about the same amount of time. AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH. Bill
Explore Philippines with AsiaBill Life is Short! Traveling and the people you meet and experiences you have "on the road" will enhance your life forever so GO FOR IT! Feel FREE to ask me Questions about living and traveling in Asia & the Philippines.

#3 liahsterling

liahsterling
  • Moderators
  • 1,523 posts
  • te

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:41 AM

Thanks for the post..I had it pinned smile.gif

#4 Felicity

Felicity

(*0*)c",)

• 7,246 posts
  • Interests:theater arts, painting,photography,web designing,musical instruments,speeches,visa process,life abroad,people, clubs-Toastmasters Club, Rotary Club, Rotaract Club, Scouting,blogging

"Never explain yourself to anyone. Because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person who dislikes you won't believe it."
  • ca
  • Local Office:Fresno

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:03 AM

I did mine at LA,ca too. Please make a lot of copies for each doc especially if ur reporting for ur child/children. I was late so i had to pay for notary for the affidavit (reason why late registration/report) and paid for each photocopy too for BCs and more.

So i took an oath, renewed my pp and repory my kids' birth in 1 day. Good luck to all applicants and merry christmas everyone!

#5 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ch

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:17 AM

So were the times roughly the same when you went this week? You can go earlier in the days I assume??

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users