No replies to this topic

#1 che234

che234
  • Moderators
  • 248 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

NOTE: If you are having a technical problem with the site, email Timhawkone@aol.com to report your problem. Make sure to include your proper email address, username, and a brief description of the problem.

POLICIES AND WARNINGS

Q. HOW MANY BANNERS ARE WE ALLOWED TO HAVE IN OUR SIGNATURE?

A. As many as you want as long as it's not over-sized.

Q. WHY DOES IT SAY “WARNINGS: 0%” UNDER MY NAME?
A. Every member has a warning panel, but you can only see your own. It helps the moderators keep track of troublemakers. As long as you follow the rules, you don't have to worry about it.

Q. HOW DO I HAVE MY WARNINGS REMOVED/LOWERED?

A. After a month has passed without any instances of violations, PM the moderator who gave you the warning, and ask him/her to remove it for you. The moderator will judge whether your behavior has improved enough to warrant a warning removal. If your behavior has not improved, work on it for a month and then PM the moderator again.

Warnings are not automatically removed, so take care to PM the moderator if you want it removed.

Q. WHY WAS I WARNED?
A. Click the warning panel under your name to display all the information regarding your warning.

Q. THE MODERATOR WHO WARNED ME HAS SINCE STEPPED DOWN.
A. PM any other moderator or admin and explain your situation. The moderator or admin will judge whether your behavior has improved enough to warrant a warning removal. If your behavior has not improved, work on it for a month and then PM the moderator or admin again.

REGISTRATION AND LOGIN

Q. I REGISTERED BUT NEVER RECEIVED A VERIFICATION EMAIL/VERIFICATION EMAIL DIDN’T WORK.
A. Check your spam folder! If the email isn't in there, email Timhawkone@aol.com to have your verification resent.

Q. I FORGOT MY PASSWORD, AND THE PASSWORD RESET ISN'T SENDING ME A NEW PASSWORD.

A. Email Timhawkone@aol.com to have a new password sent to you.

Q. I FORGOT MY PASSWORD AND I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THE EMAIL ACCOUNT I REGISTERED WITH ANYMORE, SO I CAN’T RESET IT MYSELF.

A. Email Timhawkone@aol.com. If you can remember your original email address, please provide that information in the message.

Q. HOW MANY DAYS DO I HAVE TO VALIDATE AN EMAIL CHANGE OR COMPLETE MY REGISTRATION?
A. You have ten days to complete validation. Accounts that are not validated within this period are automatically pruned/deleted. You will know whether you're validated or not by looking at your group membership.

TECHNICAL PROBLEMS

Q. WHENEVER I TRY TO ACCESS WOF, I GET A MESSAGE SAYING "UNABLE TO COMPLETE REQUEST.
A. Refresh the page a few times. If that doesn't work, try clearing your cookies and cache in this order:

1. Log out of the main site and forums.
2. Clear cache and cookies.
3. Shut down your browser.
4. Restart browser.
5. Log in to WOF and try again.

If you've cleared your cookies and cache and you still can't log in, email Timhawkone@aol.com to report your problem. Make sure to include your proper email address, username, and a brief description of the problem.

Q. HOW COME WHEN I POST ONE AFTER THE OTHER, THEY GET COMBINED?
A. This is to prevent what is commonly known as "double posting". There should be no need to post one reply after the other. Simply edit your first post, or wait ten minutes after the initial post.

Q. I'VE JUST REGISTERED WITH WOF, BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO LOG IN.

A. Email Timhawkone@aol.com.

Q. HOW COME I CAN'T CHANGE MY PROFILE PIC/AVATAR?

A. Try saving your file as a different extension (e.g., GIF, JPG) and uploading it then. Also, make sure that your image has a minimum size of 100x140 pixels. Smaller images will not upload. It may not work -- in which case, we're sorry for the inconvenience. This is a bug we're working on fixing. Thanks for your patience.

Q. WHY DO THE FORUMS LOOK SO WEIRD? REPLIES ARE SHOWN AS A LIST OF SINGLE LINES AND/OR THE ORIGINAL POST IS ON TOP OF EVERY PAGE.
A. In the top right corner of the topic (first post on top), click the "Options" button. A drop-down menu will appear. Make sure it says "Standard".

If the site keeps resetting even after changing the options, please clear your cookies and cache as indicated above, then log in again.

Q. ALL I SEE IS TEXT ON A WHITE BACKGROUND AND NO IMAGES.
A. Delete all your temporary internet files in your browser. The reason this happens is because you are not loading the stylesheet properly. This can also happen occasionally when the server is heavily loaded with users. Wait a few minutes and try again.

Q. MY TECHNICAL QUESTION IS NOT ANSWERED HERE – WHAT DO I DO?
A. Email Timhawkone@aol.com.

GENERAL FORUM QUESTIONS

Q. HOW CAN I MOVE/DELETE MY TOPIC/POST?
A. No Mod will EVER delete a post or thread. If a member wants it deleted you can pm HAWK to update certain thread.

Q. HOW DO I SEARCH?
A. Use the Google search bar at the right side of the menu bar at the top of the site. Click the Google icon to display a drop-down menu. Select "Google", "Members", or "Tags" to customize your search.

Q. HOW DO I CHANGE MY USERNAME?
A. Go to your settings , change display name and hit save or you can PM (private message) HAWK for name change requests. DON'T CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT! Please be patient. Most name changes are processed within a matter of hours, but occasionally they will take up to two weeks.

Q. HOW DO I GET MY ACCOUNT DELETED?
A. We don't delete accounts. If you do not wish to use your account, simply stop using it. Check this thread for more info.

Q. HOW DO I BECOME A MODERATOR?
A. For the time being, moderators are chosen based on their posting habits and content on an "as needed" basis. Please don't ask us if you can be a moderator.

Edited by sheenchen, 04 February 2012 - 05:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users