Posting tips, maybe members would like to add some

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

We all may have different ways of using the forum, so here is what I have found to be one of the easiest for those of us who check in and read the forum often.

I first go to the View New Content page by clicking on those words on below the top on the right
Attached File  View New content.JPG   49.69KB   4 downloads

then I look to the left of the topics for the small highlighted box

Using IP.Board skinAttached File  last post.JPG   53.54KB   6 downloads

Using New skin Attached File  Last post new skin.JPG   57.86KB   4 downloads

then if you click on that box it will bring you to the newest post in that topic which you have not read yet.

When finished reading a topic, hit the Home key on your keyboard should bring you to the top of the page so you can once again hit View New Content.

Hitting the end key on your keyboard should bring you to the bottom of the page.

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#2 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:48 PM

The proper way to post photos and have them anywhere in the post you would want them.

Click the icon below the type box on the left Click To Attach Files and find the photo you wish to add to your post in your computer, then put your cursor where in the post you wish the photo to go, then left click, then click on the words below on the bottom right Add to Post and it will put it where the cursor was flashing with the word attachment etc.

Attached File  add.JPG   29.97KB   3 downloads

The other way to post photos from your photobucket or other photo site is to click the photo above the typing box and then put in the direct link to the photo on your photo site. Like the below from my photobucket site.

Posted Image

Hope that helps and hope others can add their tips.

Edited by Mr. Lee, 18 December 2011 - 11:57 AM.

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#3 che234

che234
  • Moderators
  • 248 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

This is very helpful mr.lee thank you for posting. Btw , i requested additional forum board for HELP/FORUM HOW TO where you can check all updates on how to use our forum :D support my thread if you like my idea ;)

#4 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

This is very helpful mr.lee thank you for posting. Btw , i requested additional forum board for HELP/FORUM HOW TO where you can check all updates on how to use our forum :D support my thread if you like my idea ;)

I just looked at your thread and know it will help others, yet I tend to just go with the flow and leave the running of forums up to the owners and staff, but at the same time suggestions never hurt and that is what that section is for so thank you for posting that thead.

I believe you also said you were a moderator on some forums, I too used to be a moderator on one Philippine forum and left, and then have been an admin on a few others but found too many people complained about just about anything the mods or admins did. Can't please everyone but if we can help people, then we have done some good in the world, and that is why I like this site, many helpful, knowledgeable people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users