7 replies to this topic

#1 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ch

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

I have been looking at ads on Batnagas and Cavite and jeez the cost of a small home is horribly high.. How do the locals afford it?

#2 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

Prices advertised online are usually way too high but yes I have noticed prices all over the Philippines going up way too quickly. You need boots on the ground and a Filipino family member or friend who knows how to negotiate without you present to get the best deals. Online prices of properties are usually directed at kanos and OFW because we are all rich.  :wacko:

Ride around and get phone numbers and then have someone call in the local language to get the price to start negotiating from.

Hope you find a great deal. 

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#3 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

I don't look very often (a long time until I retire) but they are still looking highly affordable to me: http://www.sulit.com...d lot naga city

Part of it could be Batangas and Cavite also I suppose.

Or maybe not

http://www.sulit.com...nd lot batangas

Cavite maybe a little high: http://www.sulit.com... and lot cavite

I suppose it depends on what you consider 'high priced' and 'small house' also.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#4 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • ch

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

We will look when there next spring and small is less than 90 meters floor space, to me anyway..

Some of the older not in new subdivision homes seem ok though..

#5 AYENSGUYTOM

AYENSGUYTOM

Ayensguy

• 771 posts
  • Interests:food, wine, sports, politics, world news, family
  • ca

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

We will look when there next spring and small is less than 90 meters floor space, to me anyway..

Some of the older not in new subdivision homes seem ok though..

James

I am sorry if I missed an update as I haven't been following closely lately,

but, I seem to recall that you were building a house,... yes?

Or are you looking for an investment property ?

Hope all is well

Tom

#6 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • ch

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Yep had built one in Bacolod and was looking forward to retiring there, marriage went way south as ex wanted to live life to the fullest yadda yadda.. Good thing, I found the nicest Filipina I have ever known and we married in May.. So I start over and thank goodness I didnt have that house paid off for a big loss..

#7 Roxas Ron

Roxas Ron
  • Moderators
  • 2,115 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • te
  • Local Office:Atlanta

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

Yep had built one in Bacolod and was looking forward to retiring there, marriage went way south as ex wanted to live life to the fullest yadda yadda.. Good thing, I found the nicest Filipina I have ever known and we married in May.. So I start over and thank goodness I didnt have that house paid off for a big loss..

Wow 

James had no idea I thought you were down the road in Bacolod. Where are you living now?

Ron

www.lifeinroxas.wordpress.com

#8 AYENSGUYTOM

AYENSGUYTOM

Ayensguy

• 771 posts
  • Interests:food, wine, sports, politics, world news, family
  • ca

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

GOOD LUCK and so happy to hear you are upright and happy,

thanks for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users