2 replies to this topic

#1 BradandJocelyn

BradandJocelyn
  • Members
  • 147 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:26 AM

I've got a couple of questions about this form. When answering questions about income should I use my gross income or my net income? Also on Part 5 26A when it's asking for sponsors information I assume that is my information since the 864A is for me and the 864 is for my wife is that correct? I'm not sure because she is the one filing as the sponsor overall. 

Thank you all for your response,

Brad and Jocelyn

#2 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:56 AM

1. There are two income amounts requested on the I-864 and I-864A.  Income amount is estimated annual income based on documentation you have on pay stubs and employment verification forms.  Income amount on tax return questions is from line 22 of form 1040 or "Adjusted Gross Income" from 1040A.  Sometimes these two amounts are the same, based on W2's, etc., and sometimes quite different, based on other documentation, as your tax return might be for a different year than your estimated annual income.

2.  The petitioner, your wife in this case, is the primary sponsor, and you are the Household Member.

--Ray B

I've got a couple of questions about this form. When answering questions about income should I use my gross income or my net income? Also on Part 5 26A when it's asking for sponsors information I assume that is my information since the 864A is for me and the 864 is for my wife is that correct? I'm not sure because she is the one filing as the sponsor overall. 

Thank you all for your response,

Brad and Jocelyn

#3 BradandJocelyn

BradandJocelyn
  • Members
  • 147 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:41 AM

Thank you so much Ray B. I really appreciate your assistance. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users