Photo

do feel you are in harm going out alone?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 gattone

gattone
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • em
  • Local Office:Roma

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

I grew-up in a province and had chance to work and chance to live in the city back Phil. life. I got no problems to adjust but i prefer to live in provinces or countryside where i can sleep tranquility without cars passing by all the time and wake-up by the tektelaok song of the rooster in the morning. living near the nature seems to be positive for my spirit.

Same thing as my wife: she was born in a small village in Southern Leyte and she spent some years working in Manila.
When we finally got married we spent some time in Roma and then moved in my place, a house in the country with no neighbours wall-to-wall. We both enjoy the landscape, the silence at night, the wonderful sunsets and now and then a sky full of shining stars: all things that you can't have in a city.

#22 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,668 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

Same thing as my wife: she was born in a small village in Southern Leyte and she spent some years working in Manila.
When we finally got married we spent some time in Roma and then moved in my place, a house in the country with no neighbours wall-to-wall. We both enjoy the landscape, the silence at night, the wonderful sunsets and now and then a sky full of shining stars: all things that you can't have in a city.

A house with no neighbours wall-to-wall seems to be postive ...we can avoid backbiters and gossipers plus living near the nature is healthful for me...don't know for others. Seeing those creations at night like the sunset and sky full of shining stars seem to be relaxing. The singing frogs when rain comes ,the birds and the light wind that blows on my hair...are things incompared.

Edited by melody, 10 November 2012 - 09:23 AM.

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#23 simplengbabae

simplengbabae
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ve

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Hi simplengbabae thansk for your time!

Your statement..... i mean of your hubby that you said made me think about...
Is that because of the presence of cars and people make you feel life in the country is safer or in what other sense living and raising children in the country is safer?

@ Sir Mark statemet " That always seems to be a big point of adjustment for people. Those that are used to living in the city have a difficult time adjusting to very rural areas, while those from deep in the provinces have a difficult time adjusting to city life."

I think it depend on people's view ,characters and personalites. I grew-up in a province and had chance to work and chance to live in the city back Phil. life. I got no problems to adjust but i prefer to live in provinces or countryside where i can sleep tranquility without cars passing by all the time and wake-up by the tektelaok song of the rooster in the morning. living near the nature seems to be positive for my spirit.

#24 melody

melody

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

@ Sir Mark statemet " That always seems to be a big point of adjustment for people. Those that are used to living in the city have a difficult time adjusting to very rural areas, while those from deep in the provinces have a difficult time adjusting to city life."

Now i understand why you prefer to live in the city.

And now i understand that it's part of my personalities why i prefer to live in the countryside....... without having any probs to adapt and adjust living in the city.

Thanks for post simplengbabae :)

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#25 simplengbabae

simplengbabae
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • ve

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Hi Melody, my husband thinks that itís safer to live and raise children in the country because there is less crime and people are nicer. We could just leave the house door open at day time or night time and no one would bother us. In the major city near us thereís prostitution and traffic is everywhere coz jobs are no longer available in small cities. There are reported cases of burglary, robbery, drug dealing, substance abuse and other related incident. Iím not exaggerating but thatís what you will see when you watch local news on TV. The news somehow scares me but I would always tell him no matter what you say I still want to live in the city. He would reply that I was being unreasonable then Iíd be quiet.
About the number of cars passing by our house, I understand that we donít live on the main highway thus only a few would pass by in a day but I actually didnít like it coz I used to live in a busy area which is 30 minutes away from Manila. I donít know whatís wrong with me, but when thereís a lot of people that I can see in one area I feel safe but when thereís only a few I feel uncomfortable!..lol

#26 Gemini

Gemini
  • Members
  • 431 posts
  • lo

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

LOL...hi there simplengbabae, how are you? what state are you anyway?

hi there my pretty friend meldy: i think i already adapt about the buses, jeepneys and cars passes by like broomm broomm broomm ahaha...but hubby don't want me to work as a part-time nanny or the housekeeping because he just want me to feel safer done being harm alone without him, i think you get what i mean! but anyway, i have a part-time job already by working to my in-laws house like doing the cleaning and mum pays me more! what a luck, huh!? late last month and early this month she paid me $260, it was so timing also because me and hubby stayed there for two weeks.

Well, we visited them every month and with that i just do the cleaning and paid me a hundred bucks, well it's worth-ed because at least i have a part-time job! it's just surprised me the last time she gave me $260...some times she does shopping with me and bought me a couple of clothes...she even asking me if what food i want then i replied let's order in the Chinese one or let's go and eat outside, she is really a good mother in-law to me because she asked me if what i want...i think she already spoiled me LOL.

#27 melody

melody

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Hi Melody, my husband thinks that it's safer to live and raise children in the country because there is less crime and people are nicer. We could just leave the house door open at day time or night time and no one would bother us. In the major city near us there's prostitution and traffic is everywhere coz jobs are no longer available in small cities. There are reported cases of burglary, robbery, drug dealing, substance abuse and other related incident. I'm not exaggerating but that's what you will see when you watch local news on TV. The news somehow scares me but I would always tell him no matter what you say I still want to live in the city. He would reply that I was being onableunreas then I'd be quiet.
About the number of cars passing by our house, I understand that we don't live on the main highway thus only a few would pass by in a day but I actually didn't like it coz I used to live in a busy area which is 30 minutes away from Manila. I don't know what's wrong with me, but when there's a lot of people that I can see in one area I feel safe but when there's only a few I feel uncomfortable!..lol

:o What's wrong with you and what's wrong with me that i feel safer living in the country while you are headed wanting to live in city though the news scares you ! Now....i could also reply.... you being onableunreas so then you be quiet :lol: :P

As for me i try always to avoid crowded places because i feel from there the caos begin and danger is the next.. So no problem wherever my place is located for as long as i am at home . :D

@ gwapang gemini..wow partime job working in your mom-inlaw. Good for you ...as for me i take care my old-sour mom-inlaw i don't even recieve any cents...just a necklace made of pure pearls :angry: remembrance of her young age.

#28 simplengbabae

simplengbabae
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • ve

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

Hi Mark, thank you for taking time reading my post. I always like the city life coz you have easy access to everything, like good healthcare, better opportunity to find work, nice restaurants, and great places for entertainment.

Yes, you’re right! Inviting our neighbor for a picnic is a good suggestion but we only knew one who can walk by the aid of her crutches. She only goes to our house when she needed to call her uncle coz her cellphone has bad signal. I asked my husband if he has friends from our area then he replied only the girl & her uncle. OMG, though I understand that my husband is not originally from our place now, he bought the property in 2006 after his divorce and transferred in 2007.

Going to the same church is a good idea too, as religion is part of Filipino’s way of life. The problem is Baptist is the dominant religion here, I’m a Catholic so that won’t work too..hehe. I regularly go to church on Sunday in a very big & beautiful church, named Our Lady of Prague. My husband always brings me to church on Sunday coz that’s what he promised before our marriage.

No worries about having friends though coz Filipinos are scattered all over the US…lol. When I came last year, we attended Filipino party right away and get associated with a lot of Filipinas who’s been here 30 years ago, 20 years ago, 10 years ago and 5 years ago, husband couldn’t believe it..lol. He said we should have met a long time ago! Then I just laughed!

Edited by simplengbabae, 14 November 2012 - 11:07 PM.

#29 chomper

chomper
  • Members
  • 54 posts
  • CA
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

This topic is really interesting Melody. Good job.

I've lived in different cities in Manila ever since I was born. From Sta. Mesa to Quezon City to Rizal. Then worked all over from Makati to Edsa to Novaliches lol. That's why I instantly fell in love in the northern part of CA. The nature is just fantastic. I've probably only seen trees in the PI a few times when my husband used to visit me and took me to some provinces like the weirdest one is in Baler, aurora lol. I probably looked so ignorant staring at all the trees and green fields the whole time and pointing at the animals and taking pictures. Sometimes we have to go to SFO or other big cities and I will always get easily exhausted and can't wait to go back to the mountains haha. Altho I sometimes shop at the sea food city at Sacramento all by myself.

Anyway, I don't remember feeling scared going out by myself even at nite. I always avoid eye contact tho coz most of the times guys here would stare like zombies like theyve never seen asians before lol even teen age girls, they seem to be curious of my petite size esp browsing clothes at the kid's section haha. Just makes me smile :)

K-1 TIMELINE
April 26, 2010 - I-129F package sent
April 28, 2010 - Notice Receipt
July 14, 2010 - Petition approved
July 27, 2010 - Medical
July 30, 2010 - Interview scheduling eligibility mail from NVC
Aug 15, 2010 - Appointment Letter from US Embassy Manila
Aug 20, 2010 - Interview
Aug 25, 2010 - Visa received

September 08, 2010 - MLA- SFO POE

October 19, 2010 - SSN application

AOS TIMELINE
Dec 13, 2010 - AOS package sent w/ I-131 & I-765
Dec 20, 2010 - Notice Receipt
Jan 04, 2011 - Biometrics
Mar 01, 2011- I-765 & I-131 "combo card" received
Mar 03, 2011 - Interview
Mar 14, 2011 - Permanent Resident card "GC" received

May 13, 2011 - Got my Drivers License

June 28, 2011 - Started working

ROC TIMELINE (Mar 03 , 2013 - 2yr GC expires)
Dec 03, 2012 -  Joint I-751 application package sent

Dec 08, 2012 - NOA-1 or 1 Year letter extension received (Receipt date 12-5-2012)

Dec 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment letter received (Notice date 12/11/2012)
June 14, 2013 - Removal of Conditions (10 yr green card) has been approved without interview or RFE (Notice date 06/10/2013)

N400 TIMELINE
Dec 03, 2013 -  N400 application package sent

Dec 12, 2013 - NOA-1 received

Jan 03, 2014 - Biometrics
Mar 18, 2014 - N400 Interview and Exam

Apr 13, 2014 - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

#30 melody

melody

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

This topic is really interesting Melody. Good job.

Thanks chomper..your so kind .

I've lived in different cities in Manila ever since I was born. From Sta. Mesa to Quezon City to Rizal. Then worked all over from Makati to Edsa to Novaliches lol. That's why I instantly fell in love in the northern part of CA. The nature is just fantastic. I've probably only seen trees in the PI a few times when my husband used to visit me and took me to some provinces like the weirdest one is in Baler, aurora lol. I probably looked so ignorant staring at all the trees and green fields the whole time and pointing at the animals and taking pictures. Sometimes we have to go to SFO or other big cities and I will always get easily exhausted and can't wait to go back to the mountains haha. Altho I sometimes shop at the sea food city at Sacramento all by myself.

One time i and hubby contacted a constructor and the man went in our place for the first time to see what could be the job he is going to do,he brought his whole family (i think for the first time in the countryside). The kids seemed to really ignorant,they were getting crazy for the race of the chicken i have (those without feather in the neck),the ducklings and my parrots. They were very curious to ask everything the saw. They seemed like tarzan going in the city (the contrary).

So i see not all those who grown-up in the city are city-lovers, and i hear you appreciating the beauty of the nature

Anyway, I don't remember feeling scared going out by myself even at nite. I always avoid eye contact tho coz most of the times guys here would stare like zombies like theyve never seen asians before lol even teen age girls, they seem to be curious of my petite size esp browsing clothes at the kid's section haha. Just makes me smile :)

Yack....i can't avoid eye contact :angry: ..just one glance to see how bad the face the guy look like :lol:. Yah really we petite size women with browsing clothes at the kid's section seem to be curious by someone's eye. Sometimes i feel to be ridiculous.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users