Photo

Visa denied : Insufficient income

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 charrie

charrie
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Travelling, sleeping long hrs during weekends!
  • Visa type:K-3
  • lo
  • Local Office:CO

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:47 AM

Hello everyone,

I received a phone call today from US embassy in Abu dhabi that my visa cannot be approved as my husband finance is insufficient based on the tax income return I submitted.
We were married here in Dubai and we had it documented at the us consulate here.

The lady on the phone said that if I can submit a adjointly support proof or something that I didnít really get.

Could anyone please give some advise?

Thank you.

"It's not where you are..It's where your heart is..."

#2 godsgift

godsgift
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:uhmmmmmmmm, i am into music, love the internet, love my lover, my family, relatives and friends, foods, sleeping, nature... places....and my work
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ve

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (charrie @ May 17 2010, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone,

I received a phone call today from US embassy in Abu dhabi that my visa cannot be approved as my husband finance is insufficient based on the tax income return I submitted.
We were married here in Dubai and we had it documented at the us consulate here.

The lady on the phone said that if I can submit a adjointly support proof or something that I didnít really get.

Thank you.

uhmm if i am not mistaken its about co-sponsoring...
Arrival Date here in USA: July 12, 2011
Wedding: July 15, 2011- Civil Wedding, Lawton, OK City Hall
Appointment to a CS: July 21, 2011
Backed to CS: July 25, 2011-got my sealed I-963, no need for vaccination
Apply SSN: July 27, 2011
Arrived SSN Card: Aug. 1, 2011
AOS Filed: Aug. 25, 2011
EAD Filed: Aug. 25, 2011
AP: DIDN'T FILE BCOZ I DO NOT INTEND TO TRAVEL W/O MY GC..
Packet Received by USCIS: Aug. 29, 2011
E-not. for my AOS and EAD and NOA 1 Dated: Sept. 1, 2011
Biometric Notice: Sept. 2, 2011 (orig. sched. Sept. 23, 2011- 10 am OKC)
Biometric-Walk-in: Sept. 20, 2011
AOS case was Transferred to CSC : Sept. 29, 2011
AOS case was Transferred to USCIS: Oct. 5, 2011
Service Request for EAD and EAD Card Production: Nov. 2, 2011
EAD Card Arrived: Nov. 12, 2011
CSC called me: Feb. 13, 2012
AOS Approved: Feb. 24, 2012
AOS Updated my case status online: Mar. 1, 2012
USCIS sent my PRC: Mar. 5, 2012
Welcome Letter Received: Mar. 5, 2012
Passed my DMV: Mar. 6, 2012
GC and TDL on hand: Mar. 7, 2012
K2 was approved: April 17, 2012
K2 visa was issued: April 20, 2012
K2 Visa on-hand: April 26, 2012

Posted Image

My Group

My Blog

#3 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (charrie @ May 17 2010, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone,

Thank you.

She is talking about joint sponsorship, please see: http://www.uscis.gov...000082ca60aRCRD

Joint Sponsor

A joint sponsor is someone who is willing to accept legal responsibility for supporting your family member with you. A joint sponsor must meet all the same requirements as you, except the joint sponsor does not need to be related to the immigrant. The joint sponsor (or the joint sponsor and his or her household) must reach the 125% income requirement alone. You cannot combine your income with that of a joint sponsor to meet the income requirement.

You may count the income and assets of members of your household who are related to you by birth, marriage, or adoption. To use their income you must have listed them as dependents on your most recent federal tax return or they must have lived with you for the last 6 months. They must also complete a Form I-864A, Contract between Sponsor and Household Member. If the relative you are sponsoring meets these criteria you may include the value of their income and assets, but the immigrant does not need to complete Form I-864A unless he or she has accompanying family members.

For more detailed information see the above link and the Adjucator's Field Manual: http://www.uscis.gov....html#0-0-0-381

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#4 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:19 PM

Your visa was not denied if you were called and told to provide a co-sponsor. Your husband now needs to provide the needed documentation that his income meets the requriement or documentation from a co-sponsor to meet the requriement.

It would help if you have a letter or document form the Embassy telling you what they want. But if it was clear from the telephone call that they are just asking for co-sponsor documents, then your husband needs to provide them.

IS YOUR VISA A CR-1 AND DID YOUR HUSBAND SEND SPONSORSHIP DOCUMENT TO THE NATIONAL VISA CENTER?

OR IS YOUR VISA A SPOUSAL K3 AND DID YOU ALREADY GIVE THE EMBASSY AN I-134 SPONSORSHIP PACKAGE?

--Ray B

QUOTE (charrie @ May 17 2010, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone,

Thank you.

#5 charrie

charrie
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • lo

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:34 AM

@ godísgift : yes, its co-sponsoring

@Mrkgrismer Ė thank you for the info.

@ rbacon Ė I already informed my husband and his sister is going to look at the paperwork involved in co petitioning. Yes , itís a K3 spousal visa and already submitted the I-134 sponsorship package during my interview last MArch 23rd (can you believe that?!!)

#6 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (charrie @ May 18 2010, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ godísgift : yes, its co-sponsoring

@Mrkgrismer Ė thank you for the info.

@ rbacon Ė I already informed my husband and his sister is going to look at the paperwork involved in co petitioning. Yes , itís a K3 spousal visa and already submitted the I-134 sponsorship package during my interview last MArch 23rd (can you believe that?!!)

Note that for K visas acceptance of a co-sponsor is descretionary, the consul has to take a look at the 'totality of the circumstances' to decide whether or not you are 'likely to become a public charge'. Additional things that can help this is if you are trained in a highly employable profession (nurse, doctor, engineer, etc.).

If they do not accept the co-sponsor for K-3 then you may consider 'reactivating' the CR-1 application and going that way, with CR-1s the acceptance of a joint sponsor is not descretionary, if the joint sponsor's affidavit is sufficient, or the sponsor's affidavit with household member's income combined is sufficient then it overcomes the public charge requirement as a matter of statute.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#7 charrie

charrie
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • lo

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:24 AM

I submitted by email my husband's sister's i-134, tax return and employment verification record on june 10 and again on june 20 as i do not received a reply. On august 8, i received a call that my visa has been approved! and they will call me again as to when can i pick up my passport.
What is the next step after this? HOw long should i go after the visa approved?

I still have to get done all the NVC asked me to send them like nbi,marriage cert original or certified true copy. birth certificate etc. Actually i do not understand how it really works between the embassy and the nVC. After i sent them the requirements, are tehy going to decide whether i will be aprove or not?

#8 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

If you received notice that your K3 visa has been approved, you can ignore the NVC document request, as it is for your I-130, unless you want to hang around and wait another two or more months for your CR-1 Embassy interview.

--Ray B

QUOTE (charrie @ Aug 10 2010, 03:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I submitted by email my husband's sister's i-134, tax return and employment verification record on june 10 and again on june 20 as i do not received a reply. On august 8, i received a call that my visa has been approved! and they will call me again as to when can i pick up my passport.
What is the next step after this? HOw long should i go after the visa approved?

I still have to get done all the NVC asked me to send them like nbi,marriage cert original or certified true copy. birth certificate etc. Actually i do not understand how it really works between the embassy and the nVC. After i sent them the requirements, are tehy going to decide whether i will be aprove or not?

#9 Ampalaya

Ampalaya

Latest creation!

• 4,744 posts
  • Interests:Staying VERTICAL!!
  • ca
  • Local Office:Honolulu.

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (rbacon @ Aug 10 2010, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you received notice that your K3 visa has been approved, you can ignore the NVC document request, as it is for your I-130, unless you want to hang around and wait another two or more months for your CR-1 Embassy interview.

--Ray B

I did the K3 and BOTTOMLINE I wish we'd waited for the CR-1!!!

Just a few reasons why to go with the CR-1. If you are eligible for a IR-1 then you would be nuts going with a K3!
The K3 has to adjust status which cost $1010 + $131 visas application fee.

Have to go thru the cost and hassles of getting a I-693 also.

K3 normally has to do biometrics and have a AOS interview. Time off from work cost the petitioner. PLUS the hassles of submitting the paperwork and going for the interview. Tainít fun.. Especially if denied or questioned. Ever done a Stokes interview?
Thatís the second interview if they are in doubt of your relationship.
Also a possibility of being deported. Yeah doesnít happen much but it happens.

K3 has to wait about 90 days after they file to get EAD or GC so they can get SSN and be able to work.

CR-1 can work as soon as they get the GC and SS card in the mail. Normally with 6 weeks.
Canít do a LOT of things without SSN. Like work or get a drivers license in some states.

Some K visas donít get GC for a LONG time.

If the petitioner loses his/her job after the interview you donít have to worry about getting a co sponsor to adjust status!
CR-1 cost about $470
Get their GC and SS card in the mail within 6 weeks of arrival.
No biometrics , dealing with civil surgeons, AOS interviews, going to SSA for SS card.
Iím sure Iíve missed a few things.
Bottomline is anyone that goes with the K3 the way things are now are masochist!

Edited by Ampalaya, 10 August 2010 - 10:56 PM.

Denied K1, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption and US Citizenship. Dual citizenship.
All PAU!
Been there! Did it all!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users