• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Martin D

Martin D
  • Members
  • 80 posts
  • em

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

I am certain that this has probably come up before, but we are just starting to look at the paperwork for sponsoring my wife and her two children. One child has no father listed on the birth certificate, while the other does. Neither father is around, and she has no idea where they might be. Father of child #2 left the family a long time ago, and has never made contact.

My question is, how do we fill out this IMM5604 if there are no fathers around? Is there a way around this, with court documents, stating sole custody? Any information is greatly appreciated.

#2 SeeSea

SeeSea
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Pigeons, Paperclips, Pianos
  • em

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

I am certain that this has probably come up before, but we are just starting to look at the paperwork for sponsoring my wife and her two children. One child has no father listed on the birth certificate, while the other does. Neither father is around, and she has no idea where they might be. Father of child #2 left the family a long time ago, and has never made contact.

My question is, how do we fill out this IMM5604 if there are no fathers around? Is there a way around this, with court documents, stating sole custody? Any information is greatly appreciated.

As far as I know, the woman is granted sole custody by default in the Philippines. I'm not sure about this form.. I will look into it for you, because now I'm curious!

#3 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

http://www.chanroble...cactno9255.html

Republic of the Philippines
Congress of the Philippines
Metro Manila

Twelfth Congress
Third Regular Session

Begun and held in Metro Manila, on Monday, the twenty-second day of July, two thousand three.

REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9255
February 24 2004

AN ACT ALLOWING ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN TO USE THE SURNAME OF THEIR FATHER, AMENDING FOR THE PURPOSE ARTICLE 176 OF EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 209, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE "FAMILY CODE OF THE PHILIPPINES"

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Philippines in Congress assembled:

Section 1. Article 176 of Executive Order No. 209, otherwise known as the Family Code of the Philippines, is hereby amended to read as follows:

"Article 176. Illegitimate children shall use the surname and shall be under the parental authority of their mother, and shall be entitled to support in conformity with this Code. However, illegitimate children may use the surname of their father if their filiation has been expressly recognized by the father through the record of birth appearing in the civil register, or when an admission in a public document or private handwritten instrument is made by the father. Provided, the father has the right to institute an action before the regular courts to prove non-filiation during his lifetime. The legitime of each illegitimate child shall consist of one-half of the legitime of a legitimate child."

SECTION 2. Repealing Clause. All laws, presidential decrees, executive orders, proclamations, rules and regulations, which are inconsistent with the provisions of this Act are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.

SECTION 3. Effectivity Clause. This Act shall take effect fifteen (15) days from its publication in the Official Gazette or in two (2) newspapers of general circulation.

(Note that in the last line of the included quote, the 'legitime' is in reference to 'rightful inheritance'.)

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users