Trip to Cebu

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pablito13

Pablito13
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:39 AM

Finally made my trip to the Philippines in April. Met my fiancee in Cebu City. Everything went well. I enjoyed my stay in the Philippines and enjoyed getting to know her in person after 5 years of online relationship. I came back to the states, contacted an immigration lawyer and started the K1 visa process. Immigration has our application so everything is progressing.

I read some recent posts that this site is not that active. I still appreciate what I have learned from members of this site.

Will update when she is closer to getting her visa.

#2 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:12 AM

Finally made my trip to the Philippines in April. Met my fiancee in Cebu City. Everything went well. I enjoyed my stay in the Philippines and enjoyed getting to know her in person after 5 years of online relationship. I came back to the states, contacted an immigration lawyer and started the K1 visa process. Immigration has our application so everything is progressing.

I read some recent posts that this site is not that active. I still appreciate what I have learned from members of this site.

Great to hear that your trip went well and that you are now in the process of the visa, hope you keep us informed and consider posting more about your trip if you have time and wish to, I know that I and I am sure others would be interested.

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#3 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,854 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

Forums simply aren't as active as they used to be since the advent of Facebook. Part of the ebb and flow of life, I guess.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#4 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:37 PM

This forum isn't as active as it use to be that's for sure but there are still a lot of people that come here for info. Glad to hear things are going good for you.

#5 sweetjulie

sweetjulie
  • 327 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • mi

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:23 AM

Good Luck ! I'm glad everything went well. We will be going to Cebu City July 7Th.

#6 username

username
  • 1,953 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te
  • Local Office:Had to use snail mail

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:04 PM

5 years on line.....!?!?!?!  What took so long to make that trip?  You can do the immigration stuff yourself and make another trip to bring her over here shortly.

Glad to hear you found a soul mate! 

We will be in that city next year.  I get 3 days in the city before we head deep into a province in Mindanao. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users