84 replies to this topic

#1 maricel

maricel
  • Members
  • 383 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:14 PM

heres incomplete checklist of Filing K1 visa from application to interview. (donot rely on my post i might have inadequate information. this is just based on our experience and limited knowledge for filing k1) this is just intended to help those who are on their way to processing for their application.

I. The petitioner must be:
a. natural born U.S. citizen,
b. naturalized US Citizen
c. Born outside US but with US Citizen parents

II. Requirements in Filing K1 visa

for petitioner
1. I-129F [type legibly, if not applicable put N/A]
2. Letter of intent to marry
3. Birth certificate
4. Submit a completed and signed Form G-325A
5. Give USCIS a passport-style color photograph.
6. Provide copies of evidence that you and your fiancÚ(e) have personally met. e.i Pictures, photocopy of Receipt, photocopy of Boarding pass.
7. FEE of $170

If either you or your fiancÚ(e) were married before, give copies of documents showing that each prior
marriage was legally terminated.

for petitionee
1. letter of intent to marry
2. Birth certificate
3. Submit a completed and signed Form G-325A
4. Give USCIS a passport-style color photograph. * if youre from cebu i recommend COLOURS AYALA, tell them US VISA*

If either you or your fiancÚ(e) were married before, give copies of documents showing that each prior

after you gather all the document the petitioner will file the petition.

Filing the Petition

You must file the Petition for Alien FiancÚ(e), Form I-129F, with the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office that serves the area where you live. See the Department of Homeland Security's USCIS Field Offices for information on where you can file the petition. Note: You cannot file this petition at an embassy, consulate or U.S. immigration office abroad.

After the USCIS approves the petition, it sends the petition to National Visa Center for processing, prior to sending it to the embassy or consulate where your fiancÚ(e) will apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa for a fiancÚ(e).

sample: you can revised your very own letter of intent.. just basic format and wording.

LETTER OF INTENT TO MARRY

date:

I__your name____, of legal age.
I hereby certify that I am legally free to marry and intend to marry _fiancÚ(e)_, a U.S. citizen, within 90 days of my admission into the United States.

signed,

________

After sending the petition all you have to do is to wait. The consular section at the embassy or consulate where you, the fiancÚ(e) of an American citizen, will apply for a visa, will tell you about any additional specific requirements that you need to fulfill to complete your visa application.

How Long Does It Take?

The length of time varies from case to case according to its circumstances. The time it takes each USCIS office and each consular office to process the case varies. Some cases are delayed because the applicant does not follow instructions carefully or supplies incomplete information. (It is important to give correct addresses and telephone numbers.) In addition, the embassy or consulate may need to get security clearances for the applicant. Security clearances take time.

TVISA INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT where you can find your Medical and Interview Schedule

III. PREPARING FOR THE MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW

MEDICAL

A. APPOINTMENT LETTER FROM THE EMBASSY
B. A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in the United States.
C. 3 pieces of 2X2 PICTURES

Passport will be sent by ST. Lukes to the Embassy.

INTERVIEW

YOUR DOCUMENTS TO BRING
A. Birth certificate
B. CENOMAR
C. NBI
D. DS 156 [TWO COPY]
E. DS 156K [ONE COPY]
F. DS 157 [TWO COPY
E. Divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse for both the applicant and the petitioner

DOCUMENTS FROM PETITIONER
A. Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support ) *NOTARIZED
B. EMPLOYEMENT LETTER
C. INCOME TAX RETURN
D. BANK STATEMENT
E. Divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse for both the applicant and the petitioner

EVIDENCE OF MEETING
A. PICTURES
B. RECEIPTS
C. BOARDING PASS
D. REMITTANCES

EVIDENCE OF ENGAGEMENT
A. RECEIPT OF ENGAGEMENT RING
B. PICTURES

[/color]NB. DONT FORGET THE PAYMENT OF $100 FOR THE VISA PRIOR TO THE INTERVIEW.

for referrences CLICK HERE these are the instructions the embassy sent me in my packet together with my appointment letter.

LINKS
interview experience
mine , watchful2006, lFe's interview experience

arrangement of document
dave&lu
diwata

THE MOST IMPORTANT!

Edited by maricel, 02 April 2008 - 09:24 PM.

CEBU WEDDING VIDEO
cebu wedding pictures
US WEDDING

aos file- may 22, 07
uscis recieved-may 24,07
Noa- may 29,07
boimetrics- june 21, 07

Greencard received on aug. 8 with no interview in 2mos. and 20 days.

Removal of Conditional Status

Filed - July 2, 2009
I-751 RECEIPT NOTICE- July 6, 2009
ASC appointment notice- July 21, 2009
Biometrics -August 14, 2009
Resident Card Arrived- Sept. 14, 2009

1 month, 13 days LPR processing

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

JULY 1, 2010 ------- Mailed N-400 package.
JULY 6, 2010 ------- NOA 1 received.
JULY 20, 2010 ------- NOA 2 (Biometrics Notification received 8-3-2010)
JULY 28, 2010 ------- Biometrics done.(WALK IN

OCT 04, 2010---------INTERVIEW

PARENTS PETITION

MAY 2011

INTERVEW 01-2012

ARRIVED IN USA -APRIL 2012

LPR PARENTS PETITIONING 20 YEARS OLD SON

PD -SEPT 2012

APPROVAL- JUNE 26, 2013

MNL CASE NUMBER ARRIVED - JULY 26

PAID AOS- JULY 28

PAID IV- JULY 30

AWAITING FOR INTERVIEW!

--------

#2 David L

David L
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Besides my wife? Hmmmm. I like Astronomy, photography, board games, and learning new things. And good food!
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • lo
  • Local Office:Vermont

Posted 27 November 2006 - 01:00 AM

Wow. Fantastic work!

Thanks for putting this together. It will no doubt ease many folks stress about the process. And I'm one of them.

smile.gif

#3 Steve-n-Ana

Steve-n-Ana

love you so much hon

• Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • Visa type:Removing Conditions
  • ve

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:02 AM

wow great post maricel, thank you so much... two thumbs up for you
Timeline for I-751 Removal of Condition

05-15-09 - Mailed (VSC)
05-16-09 - Delivered @ 12:07pm per usps website
05-20-09 - Check cashed
05-28-09 - Received NOA/Extension letter (dated 05-18-09)
06-03-09 - Received Biometrics sked (on 06-17-09)

#4 Ampalaya

Ampalaya

Latest creation!

• 4,744 posts
  • Interests:Staying VERTICAL!!
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • ca
  • Local Office:Honolulu.

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(maricel @ Nov 26 2006, 02:14 AM) View Post

heres incomplete checklist of Filing K1 visa from application to interview. (donot rely on my post i might have inadequate information. this is just based on our experience and limited knowledge for filing k1) this is just intended to help those who are on their way to processing for their application.

for petitioner
3. Birth certificate
6. Provide copies of evidence that you and your fiancÚ(e) have personally met. e.i Pictures, photocopy of Receipt, photocopy of Boarding pass.
7. FEE of $170

for petitionee
2. Birth certificate
4. Give USCIS a passport-style color photograph. * if youre from cebu i recommend COLOURS AYALA, tell them US VISA*

Filing the Petition

You must file the Petition for Alien FiancÚ(e), Form I-129F, with the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office that serves the area where you live. See the Department of Homeland Security's USCIS Field Offices for information on where you can file the petition. Note: You cannot file this petition at an embassy, consulate or U.S. immigration office abroad.

After the USCIS approves the petition, it sends the petition to National Visa Center for processing, prior to sending it to the embassy or consulate where your fiancÚ(e) will apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa for a fiancÚ(e).

sample: you can revised your very own letter of intent.. just basic format and wording.

date:

I hereby certify that I am legally free to marry and intend to marry _fiancÚ(e)_, a U.S. citizen, within 90 days of my admission into the United States.

signed,

________

After sending the petition all you have to do is to wait. The consular section at the embassy or consulate where you, the fiancÚ(e) of an American citizen, will apply for a visa, will tell you about any additional specific requirements that you need to fulfill to complete your visa application.

How Long Does It Take?

The length of time varies from case to case according to its circumstances. The time it takes each USCIS office and each consular office to process the case varies. Some cases are delayed because the applicant does not follow instructions carefully or supplies incomplete information. (It is important to give correct addresses and telephone numbers.) In addition, the embassy or consulate may need to get security clearances for the applicant. Security clearances take time.

MEDICAL

B. A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in the United States.

INTERVIEW
YOUR DOCUMENTS TO BRING
A. Birth certificate
B. CENOMAR
C. NBI
D. DS 156 [TWO COPY]
E. DS 156K [ONE COPY]
F. DS 157 [TWO COPY

B. EMPLOYEMENT LETTER
C. INCOME TAX RETURN
D. BANK STATEMENT

EVIDENCE OF MEETING
A. PICTURES
B. RECEIPTS
C. BOARDING PASS
D. REMITTANCES

EVIDENCE OF ENGAGEMENT
B. PICTURES

[/color]NB. DONT FORGET THE PAYMENT OF $100 FOR THE VISA PRIOR TO THE INTERVIEW.

for referrences CLICK HERE these are the instructions the embassy sent me in my packet together with my appointment letter.
LINKS
interview experience
mine , watchful2006, lei's interview experience

arrangement of document
dave&lu
diwata
THE MOST IMPORTANT!

YOU SHOULD GET PAID FOR THIS POST! SELL IT TO IMMIGRATION LAWYERS!!!!

Denied K1, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption and US Citizenship. Dual citizenship.
All PAU!
Been there! Did it all!

#5 AndrwMrk

AndrwMrk
  • Moderators
  • 1,913 posts
  • ch
  • Local Office:Chicago

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:06 AM

someone should sticky this post so that it doesn't get lost
"Mix those mixed nuts! I see two almonds touching!"
~Kif Kroker

#6 benj_janice

benj_janice
  • Members
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:chatting,singing,dancing,collecting stamps,sleeping and eat..eat..eat..aheheheh
  • te

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE(maricel @ Nov 26 2006, 12:14 PM) View Post

for petitioner
3. Birth certificate
7. FEE of $170

for petitionee
2. Birth certificate

Filing the Petition

date:

signed,

________

How Long Does It Take?

MEDICAL

INTERVIEW
YOUR DOCUMENTS TO BRING
A. Birth certificate
B. CENOMAR
C. NBI
D. DS 156 [TWO COPY]
E. DS 156K [ONE COPY]
F. DS 157 [TWO COPY

B. EMPLOYEMENT LETTER
C. INCOME TAX RETURN
D. BANK STATEMENT

EVIDENCE OF MEETING
A. PICTURES
B. RECEIPTS
C. BOARDING PASS
D. REMITTANCES

EVIDENCE OF ENGAGEMENT
B. PICTURES

LINKS
interview experience

arrangement of document
dave&lu
diwata
THE MOST IMPORTANT!

wow nice nang idea mo ate..thank you so much for sharing that wonderful information..

God bless you always te.. smile.gif

janice

K1 TIMELINE

May 10, 2006 -------- met benjamin personally
May 22,2006 --------
engaged
July 28, 2006 --------
I-129f was sent to USCIS
August 08, 2006 ------
received receipt notice
September 25, 2006 ---
received approval notice
October 18, 2006 -----
received case number(MNL200678****)thanx God
December 05,2006 ----
received preinterview notice
January 09,2006 -----
received my packet(thank you God)
February 16, 2007 ----
Medical (successfully done)
February 26, 2007 ----
Interview( APPROVED!!!)
March 10, 2007 ------ Flew to USA

AOS TIMELINE

May 10, 2007 ---- Got married
May 17, 2007
---- Applied for SSN
May 25, 2007 ----
Sent AOS package
May 29, 2007 ----
Received SS card
June 05, 2007 ----
Received receipt notice
June 15, 2007 ---- Received NOA2
June 28, 2007 ---- Biometrics Schedule(12:00 nn)
Aug. 02, 2007----- GC Approved
Aug. 06, 2007----- GC received

Thank you so much Lord..you are so great!

#7 fe

fe
  • Members
  • 1,673 posts
  • lo

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:29 AM

GREAT POST MARICEL... This is really informative..
Naturalization Time line
03-23-2010 Mailed N-400 to Texas Facility Lock Box
04-05-2010 Received Notice of Receipt (03-29-2010)
05-03-2010 Received Biometrics Schedule (05-24-2010)
05-04-2010 Biometrics done (Walked-in)
05-10-2010 Received Notice of Interview
06-10-2010 Interview Schedule (Passed the tests)
06-25-2010 Received Notice of Oath Ceremony
07-22-2010 Oath Ceremony (Naturalization Certificate on hand)
07-24-2010 Applied for U.S. Passport in our local Courthouse
08-12-2010 Received U.S. Passport

#8 richo

richo
  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • ca

Posted 26 December 2006 - 07:39 AM

hi maricel this is VERY HELPFUL POST!! thank you very much its helpful especially to new ones like us! more power god bless:-)
" AMOR VINCIT OMNIA"
~~~RICHO~~~

K1 VISA TIMELINE
june 2006--met online:-)
july 2006--met his parents online:-) know that hes serious :-) talk hours online
august 2006--still talk hours online.
september 10-18, 2006--1st visit here at manila (never did encouraged him to eat balot though.next time hun hehe)
october 17,2006--date the I-129f was received at CSC
november 2006--hope and pray we will be together soon
december 2006--our first christmas and were not together in person:-( i miss my mahal eventhough i can see him on cam:-(
april 14-29, 2007--2nd visit here..felt like time spent is still not enough..but we're still thankful..still waiting for our NOA2..god's will..(oh and still never encouraged him to eat balot..wheew:-))
march 24, 2008--arrived LAX
June 6, 2008--KASALAN :-)

#9 davofelia

davofelia
  • Members
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:reading, gardening, cooking, singing, traveling & adventuring, surfing the net, etc.
  • te

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE(maricel @ Nov 26 2006, 12:14 PM) View Post

for petitioner
3. Birth certificate
7. FEE of $170

for petitionee
2. Birth certificate

Filing the Petition

date:

signed,

________

How Long Does It Take?

MEDICAL

INTERVIEW
YOUR DOCUMENTS TO BRING
A. Birth certificate
B. CENOMAR
C. NBI
D. DS 156 [TWO COPY]
E. DS 156K [ONE COPY]
F. DS 157 [TWO COPY

B. EMPLOYEMENT LETTER
C. INCOME TAX RETURN
D. BANK STATEMENT

EVIDENCE OF MEETING
A. PICTURES
B. RECEIPTS
C. BOARDING PASS
D. REMITTANCES

EVIDENCE OF ENGAGEMENT
B. PICTURES

LINKS
interview experience

arrangement of document
dave&lu
diwata
THE MOST IMPORTANT!

Hi Maricel,

Thank you for this very informative post of yours. Its a big help for us all who are yet to go through our respective medical exam and interview. More blessings to come!

Take care... Ofelia smile.gif

http://www.buksleamon3.cieaura.com

http://www.facebook....359559730784916

AOS Timeline:
05/29/07 ~ AOS & EAD Package sent
05/31/07 ~ Package received
06/08/07 ~ NOA1 received dated 06/05/07
06/14/07 ~ ASC Appointment Notice received dated 06/11/07
06/26/07 ~ Biometrics appointment done @ USCIS Field Office, Memphis City
08/07/07 ~ Case transferred to CSC
08/09/07 ~ Card production for EAD
08/15/07 ~ Touched: AOS still in process
08-17-07 ~ Approval notice for EAD
08-18-07 ~ Employment card received
08-20-07 ~ Touched
09-04-07 ~ Card production ordered (No more Interview)
09-07-07 ~ Received welcome notice by mail
09-10-07 ~ Received Green Card > God is soooooo good!
Removal of Conditions Timeline:
08/07/09 ~ I-751 package sent to USCIS-VSC via UPS
08/10/09 ~ package received as per UPS
08/15/09 ~ NOA received dated 08/10/09 (GC extended for 1 yr)
09/12/09 ~ Biometrics appointment-done
12/18/09 ~ Approval notice received by mail (No RFE & No more interview)
01/01/10 ~ Received my 10-yr green card > God is good all the time! So grateful!
US Citizenship Timeline:
06/20/12 ~ Mailed N-400 to USCIS Texas via USPS
06/21/12 ~ Application rec'd by USCIS office
06/26/12 ~ Check debited from my account c/o online banking
06/28/12 ~ NOA(Form I-797C) received dated 6/22/12(Receipt & Priority date 6/21/12)
06/29/12 ~ NOA(Form I-797C) received dated 06/27/12 (Biometrics Notification)
07/16/12 ~ Biometrics appointment-done
09/18/12 ~ Interview-done "Thank you, LORD!"

12/08/12 ~ Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony (Form N-445) received dated 11/27/12

12/20/12 ~ Oath Ceremony > Non Nobis Domine! :)

#10 jer

jer
  • Members
  • 154 posts
  • te

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:13 AM

Nice one my dear,,,, very resourceful and informative.....great job...keep up the good work !!! wink.gif

#11 gwapo gorilla

gwapo gorilla
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:26 PM

Great post!!!! biggrin.gif Thanks for the information so much! Mari used to live with her uncle, but the family started to bully her around after our engagement(wanting money of course) she moved out to get a piece of mind, but I doubt if she gets any mail forwarded to her.

Your post helped calm alot of nerves and answered alot of questions. We aren't worried at all now if she gets the packet or not.

Thanks again! biggrin.gif

GG
http://tinyurl.com/ro7cl

1/?/06 Met online
6/20/06 met in person...engaged!
7/27/06 Sent I-129-F..K-1 visa gauntlet offically started!
9/9/06 notice of receipt of payment.....FINALLY!
10/3/06 NOA1
10/29/06 NOA2 got case #
1/19/07 medical
2/20/07 interview

#12 MarYan

MarYan
  • Members
  • 626 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:30 AM

Mar, what a wonderful deed of yours!!!! hehehehe... laugh.gif Thanks Mar for the effort in coming up this post..This will surely help me & the rest of the couples who are still in the process... Happy new Year to you & Andrew!!! biggrin.gif

Marie & Bryan

"YOU are the ANSWER to my PRAYERS, my DREAM come TRUE, my LIFE"

May 2007 - arrived in Texas
June 2007 - our "big day"
November 2007 - 2-yr GC received
December 2009 - 10-yr GC received

Citizenship by next year!!!!

#13 maricel

maricel
  • Members
  • 383 posts
  • te

Posted 31 December 2006 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(David L @ Nov 27 2006, 09:00 AM) View Post

Thanks for putting this together. It will no doubt ease many folks stress about the process. And I'm one of them.

hope you will have a peace of mind while the processing is on going.

QUOTE(Steve-n-Ana @ Nov 27 2006, 12:02 PM) View Post

wow great post maricel, thank you so much... two thumbs up for you

your welcome!

QUOTE(AndrwMrk @ Dec 12 2006, 10:06 AM) View Post

someone should sticky this post so that it doesn't get lost

its sticky now. and i didnt know till now. lolz. thank you!

QUOTE(benj_janice @ Dec 12 2006, 10:17 AM) View Post

wow nice nang idea mo ate..thank you so much for sharing that wonderful information..
God bless you always te.. smile.gif
janice

jan, god bless you too.

QUOTE(lei @ Dec 12 2006, 12:29 PM) View Post

GREAT POST MARICEL... This is really informative..

lei, i miss you! how are u now? when are u leaving?

QUOTE(richo @ Dec 26 2006, 03:39 PM) View Post

hi maricel this is VERY HELPFUL POST!! thank you very much its helpful especially to new ones like us! more power god bless:-)

god bless you too

QUOTE(davofelia @ Dec 27 2006, 04:37 PM) View Post

Hi Maricel,

Thank you for this very informative post of yours. Its a big help for us all who are yet to go through our respective medical exam and interview. More blessings to come!

Take care... Ofelia smile.gif

youre welcome dear. happy new year to you

QUOTE(jer @ Dec 27 2006, 07:13 PM) View Post

Nice one my dear,,,, very resourceful and informative.....great job...keep up the good work !!! wink.gif

welcome!

QUOTE(gwapo gorilla @ Dec 31 2006, 03:26 AM) View Post

Great post!!!! biggrin.gif Thanks for the information so much! Mari used to live with her uncle, but the family started to bully her around after our engagement(wanting money of course) she moved out to get a piece of mind, but I doubt if she gets any mail forwarded to her.

Your post helped calm alot of nerves and answered alot of questions. We aren't worried at all now if she gets the packet or not.

Thanks again! biggrin.gif
GG

hope she will get the packet the appointment letter is important.

QUOTE(MarYan @ Dec 31 2006, 12:30 PM) View Post

Mar, what a wonderful deed of yours!!!! hehehehe... laugh.gif Thanks Mar for the effort in coming up this post..This will surely help me & the rest of the couples who are still in the process... Happy new Year to you & Andrew!!! biggrin.gif
Marie & Bryan

hallo mar, youre welcome! take care on your travel going back to your parents house. Happy new year to you and bryand and your family.

drewmarie

CEBU WEDDING VIDEO
cebu wedding pictures
US WEDDING

aos file- may 22, 07
uscis recieved-may 24,07
Noa- may 29,07
boimetrics- june 21, 07

Greencard received on aug. 8 with no interview in 2mos. and 20 days.

Removal of Conditional Status

Filed - July 2, 2009
I-751 RECEIPT NOTICE- July 6, 2009
ASC appointment notice- July 21, 2009
Biometrics -August 14, 2009
Resident Card Arrived- Sept. 14, 2009

1 month, 13 days LPR processing

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

JULY 1, 2010 ------- Mailed N-400 package.
JULY 6, 2010 ------- NOA 1 received.
JULY 20, 2010 ------- NOA 2 (Biometrics Notification received 8-3-2010)
JULY 28, 2010 ------- Biometrics done.(WALK IN

OCT 04, 2010---------INTERVIEW

PARENTS PETITION

MAY 2011

INTERVEW 01-2012

ARRIVED IN USA -APRIL 2012

LPR PARENTS PETITIONING 20 YEARS OLD SON

PD -SEPT 2012

APPROVAL- JUNE 26, 2013

MNL CASE NUMBER ARRIVED - JULY 26

PAID AOS- JULY 28

PAID IV- JULY 30

AWAITING FOR INTERVIEW!

--------

#14 Felicity

Felicity

(*0*)c",)

• 7,246 posts
  • Interests:theater arts, painting,photography,web designing,musical instruments,speeches,visa process,life abroad,people, clubs-Toastmasters Club, Rotary Club, Rotaract Club, Scouting,blogging

"Never explain yourself to anyone. Because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person who dislikes you won't believe it."
  • ca
  • Local Office:Fresno

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(maricel @ Dec 31 2006, 07:44 AM) View Post

hope you will have a peace of mind while the processing is on going.
your welcome!
its sticky now. and i didnt know till now. lolz. thank you!
jan, god bless you too.
lei, i miss you! how are u now? when are u leaving?
god bless you too
youre welcome dear. happy new year to you
welcome!
hope she will get the packet the appointment letter is important.
hallo mar, youre welcome! take care on your travel going back to your parents house. Happy new year to you and bryand and your family.

drewmarie

i use this info to to check my fiance's document...very helpful specially for those who are not confident enough on their papers/requirements gathered smile.gif

thanks

fel

#15 les1234

les1234
  • Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:42 PM

Does the birth cretificate I submit as petitioner need to be an origional issued by the state, or can I use a notarized photocopy?

#16 liahsterling

liahsterling
  • Moderators
  • 1,523 posts
  • te

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(les1234 @ Jul 3 2007, 12:42 PM) View Post
Does the birth cretificate I submit as petitioner need to be an origional issued by the state, or can I use a notarized photocopy?

Les, just submit a copy. Usually originals are asked at the interview but for submission, copies will do.

#17 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,834 posts
  • lo

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE(les1234 @ Jul 3 2007, 01:42 PM) View Post

All submissions should be photocopies unless they specifically ask for an original (for K-1 petition, that would just be the I-129f and the I-134)

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#18 les1234

les1234
  • Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(liahsterling @ Jul 3 2007, 12:49 PM) View Post
Les, just submit a copy. Usually originals are asked at the interview but for submission, copies will do.

Just a non-notarized one will do? and also just photocopy of divorce papers, no need to be notarized?

#19 liahsterling

liahsterling
  • Moderators
  • 1,523 posts
  • te

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:20 PM

yep..no need to notarize it.

#20 hanjul

hanjul
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:...
  • lo

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:29 PM

hI Maricel!

I am Hannah and I'm new here. Thanks for posting that information! For sure that will help me a lot! My fiancee jst reveived the receipt, (i dont know what u call that, hehe) but i guess its something informing my fiancee that the petition he filed is on the process...

Long way to go for me!!! hehe
biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users