7 replies to this topic

#1 aleena23

aleena23
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

My mom petitioned sister . Mom doesn't work so she filled up 1864, me too and 1864a for husband no w we received more documents , there is missing or incorrect info . Im confused on other things , but in terms of sponsor need to sign by hand . (I checked our copy and it it signed by hand ) and on the part that needs to print or type sponsor name ( my name is there ) is it wrong that i consider myself sponsor on husband 1864a because mom doesn't work . Pls enlighten me . I can post the letter that we received here . Thanks

#2 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,767 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:57 AM

If you completed the form I-864A, and your mom completed form I-864, then you are the Household Member co-sponsor.

--Ray B

My mom petitioned sister . Mom doesn't work so she filled up 1864, me too and 1864a for husband no w we received more documents , there is missing or incorrect info . Im confused on other things , but in terms of sponsor need to sign by hand . (I checked our copy and it it signed by hand ) and on the part that needs to print or type sponsor name ( my name is there ) is it wrong that i consider myself sponsor on husband 1864a because mom doesn't work . Pls enlighten me . I can post the letter that we received here . Thanks

#3 aleena23

aleena23
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • te

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:33 AM

But she doesnt work and has no income . Now that we mailed 2 1864 mine and hers . It seems that now with letter they send to us they want us to send a corrected 1864a from my husband where on sponsor name and signature i guess is my mom . Because the original one that we sent was it was my name as sponsor . And signature. If my understanding is right..thanks ( but since we mailed two 1864 and we sent 1864a on my husband , i guess we just need to send corrected one . Is that right??) thanks in advance

#4 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,767 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:24 PM

You are either a joint sponsor or mom's household member sponsor.  Either way, if your income isn't sufficient, your husband will have to be a household member co-sponsor with his I-864A.  

--Ray B

But she doesnt work and has no income . Now that we mailed 2 1864 mine and hers . It seems that now with letter they send to us they want us to send a corrected 1864a from my husband where on sponsor name and signature i guess is my mom . Because the original one that we sent was it was my name as sponsor . And signature. If my understanding is right..thanks ( but since we mailed two 1864 and we sent 1864a on my husband , i guess we just need to send corrected one . Is that right??) thanks in advance

#5 aleena23

aleena23
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • te

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:37 AM

For my husband 1864A , under sponsor name part 5 . Its my Mom name right? Thanks again

#6 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:49 AM

Yes.

Your Mom is the Sponsor.  Your husband is the Household Member.

Part 5 is the Sponsor (your Mom) certifying that they are requesting the Household Member (your husband) to pledge the Household Member's income and assets in support of the aliens listed in the rest of Part 5.  Put the number of people being sponsored in the box labeled "(Indicate Number)" right under the Sponsor's statement.

Also make sure that Mom has checked "Yes" in Part 3 #1 on her I-864.

Part 6 is your husband's certification that he agrees to this contract with your Mom to use his income to fund her sponsorship.  Part 6 A through F is what he is agreeing to.

The adventure continues

Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#7 aleena23

aleena23
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • te

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for your reply

#8 aleena23

aleena23
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • te

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:52 AM

We got reponse from nvc . They are asking for more info bit it says do not send to them instead send to the principal applicant so she can bring it to her interview . One of the things they are asking is 2016 mom irs transcript or explation why she doesnt have it ( mom stays at home and not working which i mentioned on the 1864) what shouls i do about it???

On my husband as 1864a is concern it says missing pls fill out one ( which i already submitted when they asked ???) do we need another one or just the copy ? I will send to sister for interview .? And they want copy of w2 2016 . I can send as well to her .

Thanks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users